Wandy

Avante 2001 body set re-release!

The Zakspeed Capri & Porsche Carerra bodysets have hit the stores very early so hopefully we will see them before the end of the year.

Well I'm going to buy 100 and my dads bigger than your dad, so there.

But for a more appropriate reaction...OMG, this is epic news! A good few are gonna be chewed up by this forum for sure. I'll take 3 I think.

I must admit that, for the longest time, the 2001 did not interest me at all as it seemed the least interesting of the three buggies that more or less shared the same chassis layout, a watered down afterthought almost. But then I saw sunnyjai's black beauty and I was converted. What a stunner! Mine will be a carbon copy replica of this buggy.

1_zps4e5161af.jpg

2_zpsf63fcf22.jpg

3_zpse7af63e1.jpg

• Like 2

So who wants to sell me their 2001 driver figure decals? This bald helmet is very sad. -_-

Avante2001-1.jpg

Every woman is beautiful in black!

Max

I must admit that, for the longest time, the 2001 did not interest me at all as it seemed the least interesting of the three buggies that more or less shared the same chassis layout, a watered down afterthought almost. But then I saw sunnyjai's black beauty and I was converted. What a stunner! Mine will be a carbon copy replica of this buggy.

1_zps4e5161af.jpg

I'd buy that! Yellow wheels and all. Can't imagine those front shocks/springs do much at that angle though.

This would be a cool alternate sticker set

18511-avante-2001-junior-black-special.j

So it may come out as a black special at some point ?. If they make the 2001 .

Maybe Tamiya is going to release kit conversion parts for the Egress 2013, same they did back in 1988 when they released the Avante Carbon Graphite chassis kit to convert Avante 1988/ Avante 2001 and Vanquish to ultimate option.

They have started with Avante 2001 Body set for the Egress 2013. what is next!

Dang, the 2001 body set had the special driver figure that bolted onto the body itself. If they expect you to use the standard driver figure, I would wager he's not going to be included with the body set (just a hunch). Oh well, as long as the decal color is accurate fluorescent color.

Oh, and I sure hope you can purchase the decals separately.

BTW: How do they expect the nose of the 2001 to fit through the Egress-2.0's front damper stay? Perhaps they will include a new damper stay? Oh, and will they include a 2001 undertray? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Avante2001-1.jpg

" BTW: How do they expect the nose of the 2001 to fit through the Egress-2.0's front damper stay? Perhaps they will include a new damper stay? Oh, and will they include a 2001 undertray? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!! "

Front damper stay: http://tamiyablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tamiya-tokyo-hobby-show-2013-20.jpg

This is the picture you were trying to post (you can't link to tamiyablog). And yes my point was there is NO way the nose of the 2001 body will fit through that damper stay. It's at least as wide as the screw holes.

egress-rerelease-03.jpg

Hope they don't expect you to chop it up like the old Carbon Chassis Kit does:

post-11886-1329319084_thumb.jpg

This is the picture you were trying to post (you can't link to tamiyablog). And yes my point was there is NO way the nose of the 2001 body will fit through that damper stay. It's at least as wide as the screw holes.

egress-rerelease-03.jpg

Ooops, my bad! I don't own an Avante 2001 myself, so I was just guessing that the new Egress damper stay would let the nose fit through.

What i DO have though is Avante 2001 damper stay set for sale on ebay ;-)

No, probably the new front damper stay is designed to fit the Egress and the Avante 2001 bodies.

If you watch it carefully you can see that the central hole become larger above the screw holes.

You probably must rise the nose of the body and then it can exit.

Max

egress-rerelease-03.jpg

Maybe it's in fact a "Avante 2001 bodyset" (modelled after some Mini4WD) for the DF-02 Aero Avante??

Just kidding, to stir the discussion up. :D

Or for the DT-02 cars - just imagine next years 'DT-02 challenge' - 20 ''Avantes'' running around the track :D

No, probably the new front damper stay is designed to fit the Egress and the Avante 2001 bodies.

If you watch it carefully you can see that the central hole become larger above the screw holes.

You probably must rise the nose of the body and then it can exit.

Max

And I'm saying the 2001 nose is wider than that opening and the edges round down in the opposite direction to that hole's shape. There is no way the nose will fit through that stupid shock tower. With the real Egress damper stay, you could remove a screw and pass the bodies through un-modified.

Anyway I'll never cut an Avante, Vanquish or Avante 2001 body in my life.

Never done and never will do it.

Max

I concur. I run two Vanquish bodies on two different cars with Hi-Cap damper towers and I always un-bolt the tower when I have to remove the body. Fortunately for the runner, the battery goes into the bottom. The body rarely has to come off.

01.jpg

Sunset-8.jpg

Cool, now when i've got my egress 2013 swaybars and wing wire i'll be able to resell the avante 2001 parts bag i bought from haider lol

I think i knew the trick with the Egress 2013 damper stay and re re Avante 2001 body set and how it will be fit ;)

As can be seen, the Damper stay can be turned up-side down and the cross member can be turned around to face the front side ( the pin hole ) and there you go. The body will fit in there. :)

But, will look ugly with the Damper stay upside down especially the pin hole will be at top..lool

just a guess..

cheers