Wandy

Avante 2001 body set re-release!

Whatever the reason, it is obviously behind the Egress delay too. I think it's to do with the chaos in the Philippines.

I believe your deduction is correct. Spoke to the person who collected my Egresses from the local distributor today. He said body shells, XB kits and basic rc kits such as the TT-02 come from the Philippines factory.

Who ever said the REgress kits were made in Japan? I would wager all the plastics in that kit, if not the entire kit, were coming from the Philippines too. These old cars are made out of that rubbery ABS like TT01 & TT02. They contain no high quality glass or carbon reinforced resins like modern japanese made kits.

The Re RE fox is made in Japan!!!!

All 4 kits i have are. Maybe if they do another batch it won't be. The Re re Hot Shot was as well for the first couple of batches anyway.

• Like 1

The Re RE fox is made in Japan!!!!

All 4 kits i have are. Maybe if they do another batch it won't be. The Re re Hot Shot was as well for the couple of batches anyway.

Where did you see this ?. I have four in it's big box .

Not sure what you mean???

Stella have put the price back up on the Nova Fox. Before it was listed with a $0.00 tag now its $145.00

On the side of my Nova Box it states Made In Japan.

Stella have put the price back up on the Nova Fox. Before it was listed with a $0.00 tag now its $145.00

Oh , ok i will look at mine . I was thinking it was on the big box it come in , as i got 4 kits . ( The box it

gets packed in , so it can be sent to stores . )

Honestly, that doesn't mean anything. It can mean that the kit was produced in Japan but it can also mean that the parts of the kit which came from LCC sources were received in Japan and the kit was composed there and put in boxes to be shipped to distributors.

Noticed some "official" details today on TamiyaUSA...

This is the Avante 2001 Body Parts set originally released in 1990. It’s a limited release and it is designed to fit the re-release of the RC Egress off-road racer (58583).

Set contents:

• Body x1
  • Undertray x1
  • Wing x1
  • Driver Figure x1
  • Parts for attachment of figure
  • Body stickers
  • Like 1

You sir have a keen eye. Good info!

But no wing wire?

Looks like these are going to be out B4 the Egress is :( ... WOW how bad this that ..

But then again , woohoo . I can get one painted B4 the Egress is even hear , just like the Egress body sets i'm getting next week .

• Like 1

Wuhoo, this means i'll actually be able to sell my a2k1 wing wire once I get the egress one :)

Looks like these are going to be out B4 the Egress is :( ... WOW how bad this that ..

But then again , woohoo . I can get one painted B4 the Egress is even hear , just like the Egress body sets i'm getting next week .

Imagine how nice it would be when you finish putting your Egress chassis together and find that you have the Egress and Avante 2001 bodies all painted, stickered and ready to go.

• Like 2

I always prefer to start with body first then the kit :),,this is what i am doing.

IMO, the body work need more attention and care and time. So if you done it, then you will be soo relaxed when building the kit ;)

Now everyone needs to band together and keep an eye out for the best on-line price shipped to my house. :D