ddaenen1

Finally a Dyna Storm!

I never had a problem with overspray if I covered the outside of the body with masking tape. Might be worth it.

Finally finished the body painting of the Dyna Storm. Probably the best 2-tone i made so far. the decals will probably go on end of this week as i am travelling most of the week.

DS20.jpeg

Next up is finishing the wing. It has already several coats but i am not sure whether it needs a few more or not :)

• Like 2

i use a black marker on the outside, draw round the windows until it can be seen on the inside then mask it off.

but your way would work just as well

That was a good tip Dave. I actually copied the decals, then cut them out and stuck them on the body with a couple of piece of tape. After that i ran around the contour with a marker on the outside and masked about 1mm inside the marker lines from the inside. Worked like a charm :)

it certainly did. that has come out great. :)

have you backed the blue? it looks really deep. cant wait to see it with the decals on!

the next one I do is going box art, the one I have in box art is a bit rough.

thanks for the translation offer but between bing, the seller and myself we managed to sort it out.

it has been well used by the looks of it but for 100 euros I cant complain.

it certainly did. that has come out great. :)

have you backed the blue? it looks really deep. cant wait to see it with the decals on!

Nope, no backing analogue to my Avante and Avante 2K1. Just a multitude of layers in different directions in several waves with some time in between.

well your work has paid off.

it really makes a difference masking off the windows. it amazes me Tamiya didn't supply masks because you see loads of people have just battered in. they look terrible when you can see the paint through the decals. I should know I done it :(:wacko::wacko:

I'm pretty sure the instructions tell you to mask the windows.

Pre-cut window masks didn't hit the scene until well after the Dyna Storm came out.

In fact, Around the turn of the millennium, Tamiya's model kits contained window masks that were simply lines printed on a sheet of masking tape. You still had to trim them yourself.

• Like 1

Think it was around the TC boom, i know i had sheets like that on my Alfa and Cosworth kits way back!

Lee

Started with the decals today. Almost through but called it a day after a tiring working week. Starts to look like the real thing though. Tomorrow i'll finish the Dyna Storm including the wing.

DS22.jpeg

DS21.jpeg

Did forgot to mention that i also got my hands on an original Acto Pink which has been assembled in the mean time. Full pics of the finished car tomorrow :D

Cheers, Dominique

• Like 1

Well, this is it then. I finished the Dyna Storm today :D

I am quite happy with the overall result and the original Pink Acto makes it complete. It may need some adjustments now that i have replaced the front arms with the Nimrod versions but that is for the spring, when i will take it outside. Before that, i will finish the second body and wing for running.

Enjoy the pics. Your feedback is as always most welcomed.

DS33.jpg

DS35.jpg

DS34.jpg

DS31.jpg

DS30.jpg

Now time to get to some Astute business!

• Like 4

looks great. :D is that the ***** body?

i have been after one of those pink motors for a while myself. i have 3 pink motors. 2 are re-re and 1 is those strange ones that JR-RC was selling which is the original pink but without the markings.

they always seem to go for silly money when they show up.

looks great. :D is that the ***** body?

i have been after one of those pink motors for a while myself. i have 3 pink motors. 2 are re-re and 1 is those strange ones that JR-RC was selling which is the original pink but without the markings.

they always seem to go for silly money when they show up.

Yes, it's the *****. Since the original one had some wrinkles in the rear i didn't want it as a shelfer and that one will become my runner body. The wing is the original one.

Actually, the Acto Pink i got from ebay for 30 Euro a couple of weeks ago which i consider a very fair price.