IBIFTKH

Rob's projects (latest - Willy's Brat, Hazard Willy, WW2 cutaway)

They're Jack and Ozzy Osbourne figures. I bought mine from ebay. Some places still have Ozzy but I think various TC members have bought all the Jacks!

• Like 1

The chap I painted the yellow WW2 for also asked me to build and paint this for him -

DSCF3070_zps296321bd.jpg

DSCF3071_zps85564738.jpg

DSCF3074_zpsd69fab76.jpg

DSCF3075_zpsa6a5e70a.jpg

DSCF3079_zps7919dcde.jpg

DSCF3082_zps6df686d3.jpg

DSCF3083_zps8e8fac9b.jpg

DSCF3085_zps4e9cb968.jpg

DSCF3089_zps791f8512.jpg

DSCF3090_zps4d87f29a.jpg

I'm pleased with way it's turned out. One of these days I must get round to building one of these for myself! ;)

Hope you like it,

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 7

Absolutely awesome!!! I'm loving that paint scheme and Willy's face detail is perfect. I need to get me a few of those.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Mr Scarecrow, if you ever want a figure painted give me a shout ;)

And now for something completely not very different at all :D

Two important changes for this one though. It's on a GF-01 chassis and it's mine! ;)

The WW2 body is easy to fit on the GF chassis, using the stock WW2 body posts which are included in the GF-01 kit. Fitting the side rails is trickier (though they're also included in the kit). You need to either cut the rail itself or the rear body post holders on the chassis. With a little bit of trimming and faffing the rails will mount up quite neatly.

You can almost imagine something like this being built. A motor pool sergeant restoring an old Willys and scavenging parts off damaged equipment to bring it to life - engine from a damaged Humvee, wheels and axles from earth-moving equipment, the petrol-head CO turning a blind eye...

Anyway, enough waffle, here's the Sarge's ride -

DSCF3134_zps43122c62.jpg

DSCF3137_zpsb1a9a9fd.jpg

DSCF3136_zps8a65beed.jpg

DSCF3135_zpsaa0423e6.jpg

Chassis

DSCF3150_zps742c0f49.jpg

DSCF3151_zpsc2511196.jpg

A few details

DSCF3154_zps01731623.jpg

DSCF3156_zps5a1b5e4c.jpg

DSCF3165_zpsf3d6c922.jpg

Stance and height about the same as a regular WW2

DSCF3175_zpse8989b24.jpg

DSCF3167_zps0a049918.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 7

Excellent build, I love it.

You would never know just by looking at that there is a GF01 unit lurking under the WW2 shell and the paint job suits it a treat.

I am looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Martin

• Like 1

You're painting skills are off the chart fella, do you use a magnifying glass and a single hair to paint with or something?

• Like 1

Wow great work I have just read through from the first page some great builds

• Like 1

Cheers guys :)

Martin, thanks buddy, and you know there's another build lurking though there's a lot to do on that one.

SteveU30, thank you and no, no magnifier and the brushes have 3 or maybe even 4 hairs ;) (Games Workshop detail brush).

Vrs55, thanks, glad you enjoyed them. There are a couple of other build threads around here somewhere too, I'll post the links in a minute if you're interested.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Great builds I really liked the police one also the tilt-1 must have taken a lot of hours of work but it looks well worth it

• Like 1

I don't keep a tally of the hours I've put into some of these, it would probably be quite worrying!!

I forgot to mention the grille on this one. It's made by Street Jam, I bought it from JRRC on ebay. It's well made, one solid piece, and of course has the proper vertical slots. It also has clear lenses for the headlights and indicators and can be fitted with LEDs. You need to remove the original grille mounts from the shell to fit it but that's easy enough.

Great work as always mate. I've been watching those Street Jam grills for a while now, think you might have just convinced me to buy one. Did you go for the black or chrome version?

• Like 1

It was a chrome one but oven cleaner soon cured that! In fact the whole body was a chrome 'metallic special' one.

I seem to buy a lot of oven cleaner! And yes, my oven sparkles... :D

Thanks for the Street Jam hint...I was just about to start dremelling headlights into my Barbie Jeep grill. Ordered :-)

• Like 1

Been tinkering again...

A while ago Time Tunnel had a great offer on the Montero wheelie kit, so I grabbed one. I'd owned one before but got frustrated with the chassis so I sold it. I kind of regretted selling, mainly because it's such a nice looking body. So I sold the chassis and promised myself I'd find a decent chassis for it. Initially I was thinking about a TLT-1 but couldn't find an affordable one so thoughts almost inevitably turned to the WR-02.

But the wheelbase of the WR-02 is about 20mm too short so I cobbled up some brackets to extend it. This is the result -

DSCF3334_zpsfb5fa467.jpg

DSCF3335_zpsa02114c6.jpg

DSCF3336_zpsb13f2c29.jpg

DSCF3337_zpse93a0017.jpg

DSCF3340_zps17aae491.jpg

DSCF3339_zps9cc1178f.jpg

brackets

DSCF3343_zps0b36b67a.jpg

body mounts, standard at the back, VW camper driver mount + cut-off posts at the front.

DSCF3347_zps58db252c.jpg

Wheelbase compared to WR-02. Not a huge difference, but enough.

DSCF3348_zps06377313.jpg

with a friend :-)

DSCF3353_zps4f3b2424.jpg

Hope you like it,

cheers,
Rob

• Like 7