IBIFTKH

Rob's projects (latest - Willy's Brat, Hazard Willy, WW2 cutaway)

It's been a while since I updated this, sorry. The Maxx is now a runner and has a driver...

PC200009PC200008PC200005

PC200003PC200001

DSCF2127

I've enjoyed building these and hopefully we'll get time to run them during the hols. Santa says I've been reasonably good this year so I'll be starting my next little project around the 25th... ;)

cheers,
Rob

Well I was reasonably good last year so Santa brought me a little gift - a DT02 Holiday Buggy. But because I'm an ungrateful so-and-so I sold the HB body and did something different! My last couple of builds have been big and fairly complex, especially the HEMTT, so I wanted something small, light and basic.

This is the result - nicknamed the 'Holiday Hammer' because it's what you get when you cut down a Twin Hammers cage and bolt it to a Holiday Buggy chassis :)

A big 'thanks' to Qatmix too, I followed his excellent article on The RC Racer site when building the DT02.

Enough waffle, time for pics...

DSCF2134.JPG

DSCF2137.JPG

DSCF2138.JPG

DSCF2139.JPG

DSCF2147.JPG

DSCF2150.JPG

Battery access

DSCF2140.JPG

DSCF2142.JPG

Tiny compared to the Exo - has 1/10th scale grown???

DSCF2152.JPG

Thanks for looking,

cheers,

Rob

• Like 12

Nice work Rob - i bet that doesn' t half shift with the 9T brushless in, you'll be needing a wheelie bar or a lot of lead up front ;)

Thanks guys :)

David, it's got 20g of weight at the front but it's still a bit mad - fun though!!!

Thanks gents, glad you like it.

This was inspired by Chicago Bob's excellent creation - http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=94079&sid=16753
But the Proline cage is very hard to find so I was stuck. Then JennyMo built her cool little cager crawler - http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71383 using the Twin Hammers cage - lightbulb moment, thank you Jenny :)

So really it's just a combination of other people's ideas and a little elbow grease from me, but I'm pleased with it all the same!

Cheers,

Rob

Replacement driver and new wheels & tyres arrived (been on back order for a couple of weeks)

DSCF2248.JPG

so the guys got busy...

DSCF2249.JPG

and a few minutes later, job done :)

DSCF2251.JPG

I think this is finished now, unless unexpected inspiration strikes. Now I just want to run it!

cheers,

Rob

• Like 3

Nice wheel-set! What are they from?

I seem to want to go bigger and bigger on the Fro-Sco!

Jx

I am gonna burn for saying this.. But a LiPo shorty pack is a LOT shorter than a traditional LiPo pack, it would fit like a glove in that battery tray and would be small enough to still be totally hidden, wires and all which would look awesome in there!

"G a n g"...Is clean and bold, is gussy, is refreshing, is light and airy, is uncomplicated...i am beginning sound like those judges on project runway. congratulation you are in and get to move onto the next round. :D

• Like 1

But the bank of Toykid already has all my pocket money ;)

Jeepnmike, it's funny you should mention shorty lipos - I bought one recently! Will report back...

Qatmix, thanks, and thanks for your DT02 tuning guide - I used a lot of your hints and tips in this build.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks, me and Willy appreciate it!

I'm making some progress with my next project and I'll try to get some photos up soon.

• Like 1

Great project Rob.....

Very cool DT02, would be good to see him at the DT02 event this year....

This year's event is fairly local for me so I'm hoping to be there, looking forward to it. Not sure if this is going to be eligible though... ;)

After being inspired by Boothy's Stadium Blitzer build I managed to pick up a new Blitzer Beetle re-re kit at a reasonable price. But the pit crew decided that I wasn't competent to build it (they may have a point!) so they took over instead...

DSCF2220.JPG

DSCF2221.JPG

DSCF2223.JPG

DSCF2225.JPG

DSCF2228.JPG

DSCF2231.JPG

DSCF2232.JPG

DSCF2233.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

The guys didn't like the plastic upper arms so they found these nice chunky Traxxas bits instead

DSCF2239.JPG