Sign in to follow this  
Big Duke 6

Capo 8x8

Tamiya => overpriced and underpowered ;)

Fix'd. ;);)

Fix'd. ;);)

Tamiya> over priced, over appreciated, underpowered and underdesign.

fine tuned it:-D

• Like 1

Have 3 road blocks that are preventing me to get this monster...

1. no paypal account...don't want to link my credit card to it.

2. bank transfer to china is next to impossible.

3. I am also looking into a serious DSLR camera.

This 8x8 will likely hold its value in the long run than any DSLR camera.

minor issue ...hiding this 40lbs package will not be easy. I already have kits in others people place and at work.

I keep telling myself only 80 people out of 6 billion?in this world will have this model, not counting the 100 for the previous version.

Have 3 road blocks that are preventing me to get this monster...

1. no paypal account...don't want to link my credit card to it.

2. bank transfer to china is next to impossible.

3. I am also looking into a serious DSLR camera.

This 8x8 will likely hold its value in the long run than any DSLR camera.

minor issue ...hiding this 40lbs package will not be easy. I already have kits in others people place and at work.

I keep telling myself only 80 people out of 6 billion?in this world will have this model, not counting the 100 for the previous version.

Yeah, but out the 6 billion, how many people would actually want it. Also, if you jammed the cash into their hand that this kit costs, how many people would buy it, or how many would spend it on something else.... I definetly wouldn't bank on it holding its value in the long run, unless the company making them go from strength to strength and it becomes one of their 'classics'.

Can't deny it is a fantastic model though :)

• Like 1

Yeah, but out the 6 billion, how many people would actually want it. Also, if you jammed the cash into their hand that this kit costs, how many people would buy it, or how many would spend it on something else.... I definetly wouldn't bank on it holding its value in the long run, unless the company making them go from strength to strength and it becomes one of their 'classics'.

Can't deny it is a fantastic model though :)

12 billion will be sold. 1 as display and 1 as runner for each man, women and child.:-D

the 8x8 is the rc version of the bugartti verom at well over $1mil. a pop. so the market is limited unless the price drops to around $1g.

I am no expert in model making especially with sheet metal, gears rods etc...do you think the asking price of over $2800. is good, fair, out ragious..and if money is not an issue how much would you pay?

12 billion will be sold. 1 as display and 1 as runner for each man, women and child.:-D

the 8x8 is the rc version of the bugartti verom at well over $1mil. a pop. so the market is limited unless the price drops to around $1g.

I am no expert in model making especially with sheet metal, gears rods etc...do you think the asking price of over $2800. is good, fair, out ragious..and if money is not an issue how much would you pay?

Given the amount of engineering that has gone into it I think it's dirt cheap for what it is, given the amount of them that are likely to be produced. Considering every part has to be individually designed and then machined, and the quality of the machining, it's hard to see how they can produce it for the price. Certainly if you took it to an engineering and asked them to make another from scratch, you could probably add at least 1 zero to the price and it would take months to make all the parts.

With regard to the money not an issue question, the amount I would pay wouldn't matter, as money was no object :). I don't know if I would want one to run though, I think it will suffer from a poor turning circle, and poor performance over obstacles given the length of the chassis.

Given the choice between a Veyron and a Shelby 427 Cobra, I'd probably go for the cobra ;)

A product of one will be very, if not extremely expensive as all costs will be divided by one and gets written off. If the product is viable all the development costs are captialized and amortized over the life of the product either based on time or production run, which ever the accountant advises to dress up the financial statements for raising capitals or financing from the bank to tax deduction purposes.

If Capo finds there is a strong market for the model, likely more will be made and the prices will come down. Competitors sees a market exists or sees money can be made, they too will jump in further pushing down the prices or at least surpressing price increase.

I see other 8x8 or 6x6 out there at about $500+/- and look quite capable, It would be interesting to see a performance comparison between a $2800 capo to a $500 brand and see the results. Sometime value is not based on performance along as a $200 quartz watch will me more accurate than a $20000 automatic, the value is from the material used and craftsmanship.

I think if money is not an issue, I think you will try the capo and take both the Veyron and the Cobra :lol:

A product of one will be very, if not extremely expensive as all costs will be divided by one and gets written off. If the product is viable all the development costs are captialized and amortized over the life of the product either based on time or production run, which ever the accountant advises to dress up the financial statements for raising capitals or financing from the bank to tax deduction purposes.

If Capo finds there is a strong market for the model, likely more will be made and the prices will come down. Competitors sees a market exists or sees money can be made, they too will jump in further pushing down the prices or at least surpressing price increase.

I see other 8x8 or 6x6 out there at about $500+/- and look quite capable, It would be interesting to see a performance comparison between a $2800 capo to a $500 brand and see the results. Sometime value is not based on performance along as a $200 quartz watch will me more accurate than a $20000 automatic, the value is from the material used and craftsmanship.

I think if money is not an issue, I think you will try the capo and take both the Veyron and the Cobra :lol:

I'd be interested to see how it compares driveability wise against my 6x6 truck with the walking beams fitted on it. The walking beams allow the front end to be lifted very high in relation to the rear axle and still keep all six wheels on the ground. Most 8x8 will lift the inner 2 axles off the ground as soon as they try to go up a steep hill. On the plus side for the 8x8 though, the controllable diff locks give it a massive advantage over mine which runs open diffs. I still think there's a market out there for tamiya to do a 6x6. It wouldn't take much to extend a high lift chassis, add an extra axle, or move the rear axle back a bit and add walking beams, and then put a truck bodyshell on it and some suitable tyres.

Can you post links to some of these 6x6 & 8x8 for $500+/- ?

Well, it isn't the big Capo 8x8 beast but just pulled the trigger on the smaller 6x6:

Plans include the new MFC-03 Euro and possibly a winch.

img7434_05032014220456_1.jpg

• Like 1

www.wtbcar.com

6x6 n 8x8 not by capo and 8x8 by capo

like what you see? price right?

Price seems reasonable-ish, but still more than I want to pay :)

Looking forward to seeing backtomyroots build thread and running video............

Well, it isn't the big Capo 8x8 beast but just pulled the trigger on the smaller 6x6:

Build thread, build thread, build thread :)

Just checked out some earth moving machines in 1:12 scale and some truck rigs at rc4wd and the prices are just as much and even more than the capo 8x8. it seems once the axle housings are metal with the rest of the vehicle made of metal the selling price will be in 4 digits. The 8x8 capo is reasonablely priced. The down side is the company still only takes paypal.

For those interested in the 6x6 Cross-RC Truck Series, Stellamodels has started to stock all three:

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/cross-c-225_330.html

I snagged the last in stock of the XC6A 6x6 - :P .

Sipped via EMS so truck and MFC-03 should be here soon.

Unfortunately still waiting for the Futaba 4YWD Attack 2.4 ghz Radio to come back in stock anywhere :angry: .

For those interested in the 6x6 Cross-RC Truck Series, Stellamodels has started to stock all three:

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/cross-c-225_330.html

I snagged the last in stock of the XC6A 6x6 - :P .

Sipped via EMS so truck and MFC-03 should be here soon.

Unfortunately still waiting for the Futaba 4YWD Attack 2.4 ghz Radio to come back in stock anywhere :angry: .

Look forward to your comment if the price is good for what you get with the rere Bruiser as the bench mark.

If i pulled the trigger, my better half too will pull the trigger to a 1911 aimed at my head. :lol: Looks good

Price seems reasonable-ish, but still more than I want to pay :)

Looking forward to seeing backtomyroots build thread and running video............

Atom at Capo quoted me 2800 before shipping in Jan. Now he will not respond to my order request. They want bank order, I need pay pal. Anybody else find any sights ?