TWINSET

58588 1/10 RC Toyota FJ Cruiser (CC-01 chassis)

Lexan, says so in the first post :lol:

It does look very good for a lexan body though. But slab-sided mean it'll wobble all over the place...

That looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

...twice.

That looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...

...twice.

I respectfully disagree ! Take that front bumper off and it looks just like the 1:1 !

On my list of purchases :P.

This is the design result of combining a decent 4X4 chassis with North American auto safety rules . You end up with a Big Ugly 4x4 Turd :lol:

Other images of the FJ Cruiser on this blog courtesy Tamiya USA:

http://blog.tamiyausa.com/2013/11/new-tamiya-fj-cruiser-on-cc-01-chassis.html#.UotpuZHOd8A

Sorry, for some reason I could not make the link look nicer then this. Had the impression that I could "cover" the link in a piece of text (like this: click)

Oh, well so much to learn. Still an old fart, then! :-)

I respectfully disagree ! Take that front bumper off and it looks just like the 1:1 !

On my list of purchases :P.

Thank you for disagreeing so nicely!

I agree that it looks like a very accurate model but the styling of the 1:1 does not appeal to me - I still think it's ugly :P . But it is good to see a new scale 4x4 body from Tamiya, hopefully this is the first of many.

...twice.

Come on Rob mate . Its like having a ugly girlfriend - at least no one will nick it :lol:

TBH I prefer the old body, this looks like it's trying too hard. Top heavy and massive overhang at both ends too, not good for off-road/crawling.

I actually saw one ont hese on UK roads last week - it's even more ugly in the flesh, looked like some sort of submersible robot on wheels :o

That's jogged a memory, it reminds me of those Taxis they built on Landrover 101's for the Judge Dredd film with Stallone. Yikes!

This is one kit I won't be buying.

The 1:1 is butt ugly.

As unsightly as the FJ is, the 1:1 is quite capable. I have seen many, almost as much as Wranglers, in Moab and other off road areas.

It reminds me of that godawful Fiat Multipla when viewed from the front. I like a lot of Toyota stuff (have worked for them for over 10 years) but this is one I'm not so fond of.

Looks great :) Far better looking that the other Tamiya release that is the Neo Fighter, now that is an ugly buggy.

James

:)

Neo Fighter looks is probably designed to be improved by some racing impacts ;)

FJ monstrosity is so darned fugly it actually looks sweet, probably look better than the 1:1 too.

• Like 1

pre-order available on stella models.

they had 2 "in stock" last Thursday... must've both shipped out Valentine's Friday :wub:

restock tomorrow by sounds of it

So much hate against the FJ!

I did not think it was that bad; besides, it is something whose corners are not all 90 degrees, and that on an off-road semi-scale truck chassis seems very rare.

Of course, I live in North America, where the Pontiac Aztek already showed us all about 'conversation pieces!'

• Like 1

I actually saw one ont hese on UK roads last week - it's even more ugly in the flesh, looked like some sort of submersible robot on wheels :o

Well, it's not like Toyota can design a good looking car these days. I can't imagine who would want to drive a Prius for example...