THE HP FREAK

THE H.P FREAK's RC10 'Classic' build

Img_5530_zps041e8512.jpg

The only real problem I had with the kit was that the two body mounts were way too short. Even spacing them with several washers they still would not protrude through the body unless I crushed it. This was no good so I grabbed some longer ones I had and still had to put a Tamiya white plastic bearing under it to make it fit well.

Img_5535_zpsdd3ef30a.jpg

Img_5533_zps5b400449.jpg

Img_5534_zps99d950bd.jpg

Img_5536_zpsebce2b5f.jpg

Img_5537_zpsacf30720.jpg

image_zps294ff5a0.jpg

Img_5538_zpsc67298ee.jpg

Img_5539_zpsb884a554.jpg

Img_5540_zps688c0a00.jpg

Img_5543_zps5b20b2f9.jpg

Img_5541_zps61d8864b.jpg

• Like 2

Your post should be at the re release forum section and would have gotten more viewing.

Thanks for taking the time out to photo the process and uploading it.

what happened to the body? In one photo there appeared to have an openning near the front wheels and the rest of the photos of body the hole is gone.

Your post should be at the re release forum section and would have gotten more viewing.

Thanks for taking the time out to photo the process and uploading it.

what happened to the body? In one photo there appeared to have an openning near the front wheels and the rest of the photos of body the hole is gone.

You're not mistaking the reflection of light, are you??

You're not mistaking the reflection of light, are you??

i guess you are right, but thats one heck of a reflection. i can see the strips of reflection on the roof and near the rear. The white background led me to believe there a square hole in the front. Don't see too good with age:-( Still great work and good high dif photos.

HI!... O.k I finally got my photo shoot area back up. So I took some nice studio style shot of the RC "Classic".

Img_5578_zps7a5ff911.jpg

Img_5581_zps6d89438e.jpg

Img_5582_zpsab0dbaae.jpg

Img_5577_zpsfd60cc36.jpg

Img_5580_zps8f865378.jpg

Img_5579_zpsfa5e2de6.jpg

Img_5584_zps6733575d.jpg

Img_5585_zps2badd663.jpg

Img_5583_zpsb290d10e.jpg

Img_5587_zpsce39fcaa.jpg

Img_5588_zps4d9b0823.jpg

Img_5586_zps394850a6.jpg

Img_5589_zps5a32285c.jpg

Img_5590_zpsd6fe211e.jpg

Img_5591_zps0dfbff4e.jpg

Img_5593_zps6a4c4021.jpg

Img_5592_zps7f25cc7d.jpg

Img_5594_zps4d94eac1.jpg

Img_5595_zps0a19ffdb.jpg

• Like 3

HI!... Well I finally got the driver painted. Did one for the "classic" and another for another RC10 I'm working on.

Img_5668_zps22a8e000.jpg

Img_5671_zps9b1c69b1.jpg

Img_5672_zps08c578ee.jpg

Img_5670_zps51d5a735.jpg

This one is 100% complete now. :mrgreen:

• Like 4

wow! great work and thanks for sharing the hi-res pics! they should of hired you to promote the re-release!

The only real problem I had with the kit was that the two body mounts were way too short. Even spacing them with several washers they still would not protrude through the body unless I crushed it.

Agree; I ended up putting unused metal bushings -- three of them -- under the front mount to push it up, instead of the two thin washers recommended. I used those washers instead in the rear which otherwise would have had nothing to elevate it.

I do find the body required a lot more "tweaking" than I was used to, having only built Tamiya kits before. The window treatments, for example -- yours look great, and clearly imitate the way the box art is, rather than using the included stickers to simulate the netting. It's not clear if you're supposed to cut all the windows out, or cut just the areas between the sidebars and paint them black, or leave the windows in place and use the decals...? Another area of confusion is the shell around the rear shock mounts. The instructions don't really indicate how much should be cut out, and how far back? I had to cut at least a small area away past that, or else the rear suspension will collide with the bottom of the shell.

Overall I'm very impressed with the RC10, especially when running it. But I find that building a nice example is hampered by the fact that many AE/RC10 fans don't seem to take the modeling/scale aspect as seriously as the Tamiya fan base, which results in a lack of well-finished models to look at online for guidance. Yours is an exception of course!

HI!... On the rear body mount I ended up using a new white plastic Tamiya bearing spacer. It matches the colour and the diameter perfectly. You can hardly notice.

Looked at your build again. Love it though i am not a big fan of this model. Is nice.

One question. How come so many holes at the bottom of the chassis? To allow relocation of the electronics for different tracks or driver style? Even with the modern carbon lower deck, i noticed there are so many pre-drilled holes that kind of messes up the finishing look. I guess must be for tweeding the chassis.

HI!... The RC10 is probably the most versatile RC car on the market. There is a ton of after market parts for this car and many, many different configurations using the same chassis. The selection of holes was for battery, servo, antenna placement. You could also extend the wheelbase. You could customize each car to whatever suited your needs.

• Like 1