Sign in to follow this  
StuartUK

BlueBird Servos for my TT02

hi peeps...
This is all new to me, so am picking up bits as I go and trying to understand stuff from other peoples posts.....
Looked at LOTS of servo's....

Just been reading about 'BlueBird' servo's...

My Soon to be built TT02 will run 2.4ghz digital TX/RX

TEU-105BK ESC + Tamiya GT-Tuned motor (25T , although might bang in a SuperStock RZ 23T), future wise I will change ESC, but will keep the Tamiya ESC for now whilst learning...

3 Servo's catch my attention, all metal gear and Digital, but have no idea what all the fancy stuff means, and cant figure out the weight stuff ?

like: 7.5kg / .10 sec / 46.5g . At first, I thought it meant the thing weighed 7kg! but figured that's like a suitcase on the car!

So 2 things, what does that mean? and can any of these 3 servo's do the job ? (street racing, aimed for high speed runs), and some 'run for fun' in my local RC club with plenty wall-bashing! :D

BlueBird BMS 621DMG+HS - £11.21 - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9439__BMS_621DMGplusHS_High_Speed_Digital_Servo_MG_7_2kg_10sec_46_5g.html

BlueBird BMS 811DMG+HS - £16.48 -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8767__BMS_811DMGplusHS_High_Performance_Digital_Servo_Metal_Gear_5_0kg_15sec_45g.html

BlueBird BMS 810DMG+HS - £16.48 -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8766__BMS_810DMG_HS_High_Performance_Digital_Servo_Metal_Gear_7_2kg_19sec_45g.html

and batteries will be LiFEpo4 & Lipo.

7.5 kg is actually 7.5 kg-cm, which is the maximum torque rating of the servo. 7.5 kg-cm is plenty for a touring car.

0.10 sec is the transit time across a range of rotation, usually 60 degrees. 0.10 sec is plenty fast.

46.5 g is the weight of the servo itself. This is a fairly typical weight.

I don't have any experience with BlueBird servos, just thought I'd help decode what the numbers mean.

• Like 1

cheers for the input, at least I understand that bit now!

Looks like any of those servo's will do the job :)

thank u!

I asked about servos the other day and a few people were recommending the bluebird servos. I'll be getting one for my dual hunter soon.

I use the cheap Bluebird servo's in all my vintage/re-re builds, cant beat them for the money.

it was via you that I got onto the bluebird servo's!! :D
Read some good reviews about them..

I'm buying the 621DMG to go in my TT02...

Just wondering do the Bluebird servos fit the Futaba or Sanwa servo savers that come with Tamiya ReRe kits or do you need to buy a whole other servo saver?

They fit, I plonked a 631mg Blue Bird servo in my FAV project and it's awesome. I think it was the Futaba one which went on properly. The servo itself comes with a couple of plastic servo horns for general use and also has fixing hardware too.

I'm very impressed with mine. It's an analogue one but it's plenty good enough for my needs, I don't need the small advantage digital offers. So quick too, lock-to-lock. I have one more (ordered 2) but can see myself ordering more in the new year...

• Like 1

The spline count is 25. I use a bluebird servo in my Dualhunter, works great. I just purchased a 632mg to put in my Wraith(fingers crossed) as I fried my hitec7954 and am waiting for it to be repaired.