cosworthwesty

Banzai hobby

I was wondering if a topic on this would arise.

Absolute nightmare. I use my phone for everything, the home pc doesn't even get switched on. I tried to view their site and it is a mess for me, can't even find the search icon half the time and even then it sometimes wont take text. Also doing it the old fashioned way by going through all the menus (radio control/tamiya/etc) tries to load while I am scrolling through.

The old format was fine. I can't imagine they would be selling much this way.

Its certainly costing them mucho wonga from TC members currently !

Its certainly costing them mucho wonga from TC members currently !

I'll bet they think you're on holiday or taking a break from RC David.

• Like 1

Agreed with everything you guys posted above. Search no longer works and finding stuff manually is a huge chore. And my order from over 2 months ago still hasn't been shipped nor can I find it in the new database (which they did say wouldn't be there so was at least expected). Definitely needs a re-think.

I actually can't figure out how to log in. I get sign up or register as an option and I get taken back to the home screen. I give up.

• Like 1

I ordered a 2010 Sand Scorcher kit a few days ago and it's on the way to me. No Problems. EMS tracking details reveal prompt handling/disptach by Banzai and should be at my address in 3-4 days.

The website was hard to navigate at first, but i am now used to it. As with some of the other TC members comments above, a few of my past orders (history) have disappeared. :o

Anyway i got the kit for USD$188 plus postage. Good Deal!

It took a little getting used to but it's ok I guess. I prefer the old site but my order was processed and is on the way so as long as my sport tuned motors arrive on time I'll be happy and will carry on using them.

Not too keen on the website design myself but also tried to pay for a few things using PayPal the other day and it wouldn't have any of it, I usually pay by c.c but have not tried on the new site.

Chris

Just tried to do the whole ordering process today.

Filled my cart (whilst signed in) and had to go away and come back to it 30 minutes later.

Cart was empty again. Same machine (cookies enabled) same login, cart contents nowhere to be seen.

Frustrating because I must have spent around 30 minutes prior to that selecting what I wanted.

Would order from Stella instead but half the items are shown as not in stock.

anyone ordered and got their item recently?

My sport tuned motors arrived safe and sound yesterday, took two weeks but then I expected that.

I ordered wheels and tyres on Monday 3rd and got them yesterday 19th, without any issues at all.

I used the cheap postage option as well.

I'm very happy with my 1st Banzai order, it couldn't have been a more positive experience.

Well packed, sent quickly, all items in stock and much cheaper than my normal way of buying items.

15986245365_2ed292e762_z.jpg

Way to hard , they are better sites to deal with .

Way too slow & it's that slow it crashs & i have to start again .

Well it works on my home pc (had to dust it off and do some updates etc first),

but as i said in my previous post I do everything on my phone and when i use it there is no search function (the little icon is halfway across another thumbnail) and I can't log in.

= no impromptu work time impulse buys.

anyone ordered and got their item recently?

I got my Scorcher today. For some reason it was delayed in transit, took a long time from Japan outward office to Australia inward office (EMS = 11 days bah!!). No fault of Banzai just the postal service got slack.

Considering this is my third Scorcher from Banzai in the past year, the kit box this time arrived in perfect condition which i am happy about. You don't get the same quality packaging as Stella, this is why in the past a few kits have had a few minor dents during transit. I think you can ask for extra padding but it cost more?! Anyway the kits i buy from banzai i intend to build anyway, so a NIB is not really my concern. To sum it up I am a Banzai fan....and will purchase more kits from them.

Would order from Stella instead but half the items are shown as not in stock.

Yes, frustrating! But I also love Stella!

I too noticed the massive lag and tendencies to crash when I revisited their website. However, their recent sale has me going back to the site regardless of the computer issues :P

More seriously, though, I think its current layout has nice style (even if some of the porthole images are not that great), and would have massive potential if not for the problems it causes browsers.

I asked the same question , I found with Banzai there kit don't come with a ESC where the kits from HK do and I think that is the differance in price.

I emailed them to say other sites offer the ESC as part of the kit , they replied with only the RTR kit came with a ESC.

BTW I was after a FAV 2011 and a Subaru Brat , ended up going via rcMart.

I've had a similar experience with the SAL option, something of which you'd expect it to be available.

Mailed them about it and they then enabled it. Probably just an incorrect setting in the system.

:)

I asked the same question , I found with Banzai there kit don't come with a ESC where the kits from HK do and I think that is the differance in price.

I emailed them to say other sites offer the ESC as part of the kit , they replied with only the RTR kit came with a ESC.

BTW I was after a FAV 2011 and a Subaru Brat , ended up going via rcMart.

This is normal, since domestic Japan Tamiya kits do not come with an electronic speed controllers. They are added to kits distributed in non-Japan markets.

Just wanted to add my account of good service from Banzai. I bought some motors and ESCs, which arrived in 3 days or so via EMS, and realised I had the wrong ESCs. This was my fault, I'd ordered the wrong thing.

Banzai offered to chase up the ones I wanted, and allowed me to send back the wrong ones (provided they were unopened) for a refund. Email turnaround was usually a day or so, sometimes up to a week. They were apologetic if it took them a while to respond.

I ended up not taking advantage of this and figuring out that I could use the things in combination anyway, but I thought they handled my mistake pretty well.

Cheers,

Will

More worryingly I ordered some items which were dispatched on the 25th November and still no sign of them :(

Sadly it's holding back a whole project which I really wanted to get started on. I hope they show up soon!

The search facility on the store site has still not been fixed. Quite ridiculous, really.

More worryingly I ordered some items which were dispatched on the 25th November and still no sign of them :(

My screwdriver's not turned up yet either, ordered 26/11

My screwdriver's not turned up yet either, ordered 26/11

I got mine from Asiatees, they flew like the wind (5 days)!