cosworthwesty

Banzai hobby

This looks to be true, there are only 19 Tamiya kits in stock including Tractor units and trailers.

It looks like it is £57 EMS for larger kits and about £30 for smaller kits, but no less if you order more than one at a time, is this right?

And then there is a risk of R.M handling charges and customs?

It makes me think that multiple kit orders would be better bought individually to help reduce the surcharge?

If you order kits from Banzai then you are 99% sure to get hit with customs and RM charges. The recorded nature of them seems to make them more of a target :(

• Like 1

I will be visiting Tamiya on Friday but am afraid my Japanese isn't good enough to clarify the problem with banzai. Too bad liked that shop much. Way much before they redid the web shop.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the customs charges are likely to be?

The Tundra is £200 delivered from Banzai, but it's highly like that R.M and Customs will be involved as well!

I received mine from Banzai with no cu seetoms duties, maybe just got lucky for a second time.

I received mine from Banzai with no cu seetoms duties, maybe just got lucky for a second time.

There are no import duties into the US on little stuff like that. Bring in a 1:1 car, or a whole container full of stuff, and it's a different story, but up to (iirc) $2500 is exempt.

UK is +20% Vat and about £16 Royal Mail charge

• Like 1

Does anyone know what's gone on between Banzai and Tamiya?.

Steve.

I Wonder about that to.. It's almost none tamiya kits at the site... (Or there must be something wrong with their fanzy website)

I Wonder about that to.. It's almost none tamiya kits at the site... (Or there must be something wrong with their fanzy website)

Looks like they have moved in to trains now

A bit dissapointed that they have let go Tamiya RC kits. I hope it is just temporary. Their kit prices were very good all be minus the ESC. I guess my business will go back to Stellamodels or RCmart....

I asked them about this a month ago and they said they we having problems with their Tamiya supplier. They are trying to resolve the issues but have no idea how long it will take. So, it looks like they may restock but we shouldn't hold our breath.

I thought something was up as I never saw the VW Amorak on there and later the black ed. Grasshopper.

I too hope they aren't moving away from the Tamiya side of things, not many new Tamiya items have been announced on their store lately.

They also have Egress's for $292 US which is fantastic atm, I would grab another but it isn't worth a divorce lol

I could be wrong but I just noticed now that the Tamiya range seems to be increasing in number. They didn't have the Lunchbox or Hornet on their site last week, but listed today....

Lunchbox and Hornet were there since the issue started back in May. If things get resolved, I think we will see a big announcement on there FB page our the Tamiya stuff will be listed in their new stock list.

I really hope they manage to get things worked out. With the SAL shipping they are simply unbeatable. How can they send an ESC all the way from Japan to the UK for 94p? Crazy!

I just checked and since November last year I've placed 32 orders with them :blink:

(I split stuff so each order is around £20 or below, to keep under the customs limits and spread risk should a package go missing as SAL is uninsured)

I have posted the question over on the rc universe forums where banzai have a support forum. Let's see if we get an answer!

I tried to do a special order with them recently for Tamiya 7 digit parts.. This is what I got "We are having issues with the supply of Tamiya products currently, and part of that is that we are not able to backorder the parts that we previously could. Sorry about that."

Tamiya was their bread and butter so hopefully they will resolve it.

On the other hand they have started to go heavily into Yokomo / Overdose

Banzai does it again lol. I love their prices but I am so frustrated with these people.

I order 10 items and select option 3 for back order items. They ship my order and delete an item and do not bother to ask me if I want to wait, cancel the order etc. This has now happened to me 2 times.

I just emailed them and asked for an explanation.

I wish I could get a hold of RC Champ.. but they never answer my emails.

I tried a dozen times to get a Dangun racer sent and they were deleted every time.

I was going to order a lunchbox and a Hornet but figured after tracked shipping it's the same price within a few bucks from omnimodels. They are stateside and treat me well

They replied back.. one said that they are having trouble sourcing Kyosho parts! First Tamiya and then Kyosho.. sounds like a solvency issue to me!

• Like 1

I have the same impression, no more dealing with the big companies (K and T) shame, I love dealing with banzai

I don't think they're walking away from Tamiya and Kyosho. I think T and K are cutting them off because they're not paying their invoices

I don't think they're walking away from Tamiya and Kyosho. I think T and K are cutting them off because they're not paying their invoices

Well that certainly is a good reason to cut someone off..