cosworthwesty

Banzai hobby

I inquired with them again.. They said they are still trying to resolve the situation with Tamiya and Kyosho

I contacted Stella and RCJaz to see if I can do special orders from Tamiya and gave them a part number to start. They both seem to rely on a distributor and not Tamiya Japan. So I'm not sure what to do for future needs

Ah well it's saved me some money recently anyways!!

Hopefully it will be resolved very soon.

Offline for maintenence - perhaps they will make it more stable and easier to browse?

Or perhaps they've got lots of Tamiya and Kyosho products to add?!

We live in hope!

Their site is back up and works a little better with smart phones now.. It's still a terribly design.

Their categories and sub categories make no sense.

Still no update on Tamiya either

• Like 1

There are definitely more units on the site than before, cr01, cc01, dark impact, white edition dark impact, durga , egress, df03 avant markII, mountaineer, tundra, hilux unimog cr01. prices are good as usual. Cco1 for 151$ us. Cr01 $209, not bad add shipping and its still a fair price, the have the 73 bronco and the land cruiser cr01, I'm tempted to get the bronco next, maybe for my birthday.

Looks pretty much the same to me. I do see there are a few more Tamiya kits there and the really interesting thing :( is that the prices of the new kits are about the same as you get from Stella or RCMart. In the past, I always found Banzai to be really cheap but when you added on the shipping, it was only a little cheaper than Stella or RCMart. Now, if we start seeing all their prices being similar to Stella and RCMart, they are going to be much more expensive once you add shipping.

There does appear to be more kits than yesterday when I first checked. I checked the parts for my 419 and still shows the same items out of stock.

As for prices.. grasshopper for $38? + $38 for shipping, brings it to Stella's $70 with no shipping..

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/tamiya-rc-cars/tamiya-kit-set-electric-off-road/re-release-grasshopper

There does appear to be more kits than yesterday when I first checked. I checked the parts for my 419 and still shows the same items out of stock.

As for prices.. grasshopper for $38? + $38 for shipping, brings it to Stella's $70 with no shipping..

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/tamiya-rc-cars/tamiya-kit-set-electric-off-road/re-release-grasshopper

Yes, but look at the prices of the NEW STOCK, not the stuff that was there before the server shutdown. The Grasshopper was there before the shutdown. Dark Impact White Edition US$115, RCMart US$106, Stella US$106. My guess (and this is pure speculation) is that they have agreed with either T or the local distributor that they can sell off their old stock but any new stuff is going to have to have prices more inline with other countries.

Restocked sidebar is full of Tamiya stuff now.

Buying kits from there has never been the cheapest option, for the UK at least. Something like a Tundra looks like a bargain but when you add shipping and import charges it works out slightly more expensive than Seidel.

Even if the prices go up to what RCMart and Stella charge it will still be worth it for small items via SAL I think.

I just need them to list the new MF01 parts now.

Seems like the discount structure has changed; it was formerly 30% off Tamiya RRP, it's now 25% across the board as far as I can see.

The TBLM-02s motor was ¥5460 when it was available before. It's back in stock as the same price and shows 30% discount as it did then.

Good stuff! :D

Someone's keeping busy over there - lots of new tamiya parts added in just the last few hours, including those crucial MF01 parts I wanted :)

I guess I can live with the 5% increase in parts price.. Sal shipping is still cheaper option for the U.S. than HK equivalent.

Yeah they've stocked up on Tamiya kits for sure. It keeps scrolling down, and down, and down with more kits. Yay!

Oh no, my wallet is screaming and groaning I've picked at least five cheapie kits I've wanted for a while now to see if I can restrain myself from flexing the plastic to the breaking point. Lol. But seriously I'm a little concerned I'm going to break the sacred 20 car limit.

Oh no, my wallet is screaming and groaning I've picked at least five cheapie kits I've wanted for a while now to see if I can restrain myself from flexing the plastic to the breaking point. Lol. But seriously I'm a little concerned I'm going to break the sacred 20 car limit.

Kind of a "good news/bad news" situation, isn't it?

I already crumbled - spent £50 on bits for my next project. Amazingly I even managed to checkout using my mobile phone too, something which I found impossible before.

It's still far less functional than their old site.

More MF01x goodies, too bad, already ordered at RCchamp :P

Looks like Banzai is "down for maintenance" again, but it also looks like they're doing a complete redesign. And if the place-holder page is any indication, it looks much nicer and easier to navigate. I guess we'll see...

I recently bought some Tamiya tools (several saws, e-clip tool) and small stuff (o-rings, shims) at Banzai. Shipped via EMS, arrived within a week, excellent customer service (1 e-mail about shipping details had been answered within just a few hours).