Torsion Bar

2014 Tamiya Weekend at Mendip RC Raceway in Weston Super Mare

Hello Everyone,

I am the club secretary at Mendip RC Raceway in Weston Super Mare and we are planning a Tamiya Club based weekend in 2014. Dates subject to discussion.

We have both an on road and off road track with full timing facilities, sit down cafe, toilet block, covered pits with electric, on site camping and plenty of car parking.

We plan to have on road classes for Touring cars, Minis, F1s and anything else on road.

For off road racing classes for SRBs, Wild Willys, FAVs/Wild Ones, and any other Tamiya off road 4wd & 2wd cars.

After much discussion we are proposing using Tamiya silver (standard or torque tuned) or Black (sport tuned) 540 brushed motors for the event for four reasons. Most tamiya collectors already have them, they are cheap, they will keep the speeds pretty level making the racing close & competitive and the lower speeds will help protect peoples prized cars from too much damaged.

All classes depend on the number of entries.

On the Saturday night we will have a BBQ and night racing.

As Weston Super Mare is a popular holiday destination there is no lack of B&Bs and hotels if camping is not for you as well as pubs, clubs and bars to make a weekend of it for all the family. We will also do souvenir merchandise for the event.

We will also encourage a swap meet. I have already spoke with a few people on here and there seems to be a lot of interest.

We are currently sorting out our diary and I will be back to publish some dates by the new year. Let me know if you would prefer a Saturday/Sunday meet or a Sunday/Bank Holiday meet if possible.

Below are links to our web site with videos of both tracks.

http://www.worm-racing.co.uk/

http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/

Let me know any feedback.

Paul

• Like 2

After much discussion we are proposing using Tamiya silver (standard or torque tuned) or Black (sport tuned) 540 brushed motors for the event for four reasons. Most tamiya collectors already have them, they are cheap, they will keep the speeds pretty level making the racing close & competitive and the lower speeds will help protect peoples prized cars from too much damaged.

• Like 1

Good idea re. the silver can motors. We used them at our club for vintage classes, and they worked well, providing close racing without excessive speed/damage.

I be up for it too. As well as the Standard Silver can / Sport Tuned motors, can the new Torque Tuned motor that seems to be supplied with some modern kits be accepted?

Yes please. Any format will suit me. Just need the date.

Excellent news.

J

That's near enough for me to pop along, might even do some driving !

Deffo up for this! A non bank holiday weekend may be better though to avoid inflated B&B/camping prices?

We are sorting out the club calender at the moment so we should have a date within the next two weeks. A good responce on Oople and other forums as well. :)

Hello Paul

You know there 's a few of us on here that are definately up for it....

I'll be there as long as I'm not on hoilday.. I'll have to try and get at least one car race worthy... :)

Any news on a date yet, or will you let us know in the new year..

Hi,

Did this meet happen or is it still being planned? I'm about to start the build on my buggy champ soon and I'm in WSM so would love to come along...

• Like 1

Hmm. Wish this was going ahead as not so much of a haul for me for a change! :-D

Hi Guys,

Im sorry this wont be happening just down to the fact our calendar is just full. It will happen next year, a dual off road and on road event.

Iconic have a good looking event happening later this year, see the thread.

If you live local to Weston Super Mare why dont you come along and join in the racing on Sundays and Tuesday summer evenings. Check out our Face Book page and website www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk for more info.

Thank you for the support see you in 2015.

All the best

Paul

• Like 1