Zac_F83

TEU-103 clod ESC + 8.4v NiMH = BOOM or YAY!?

Well I'll have 3 clods in a matter of weeks.. and wondering if the TEU-103 ESC I got in my brand new kit will deal with 8.4V's? (actually closer to 10.0v when charged) But wanna know before I order another battery here

Technically, the TEU-103BK is designed with 7.2V (6-cell NiMH, or 2-cell LiPo if you use a low voltage cutoff circuit) in mind.

See also this post for more details:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71440&p=512768

However, there might be people who could confirm if 8.4V 7-cell NiMH will still be fine. In this case, you should keep an eye on your ESC's temperatures, since a higher input voltage results in higher current drain from the motor. Don't be irritated if the overheating failsafe kicks in when using such an oversized battery.

Well a 2S lipo is 8.4v fully charged.. I don't know I think I'm just going to sell it and go with a Traxxas XL5 esc..

I used my standard Clod yesterday with a TEU106 on 2S lipo and it was great - good runtimes too :)

What voltage does a fully charged 7 cell pack give out?

(actually closer to 10.0v when fully charged)

I used my standard Clod yesterday with a TEU106 on 2S lipo and it was great - good runtimes too :)

What voltage does a fully charged 7 cell pack give out?

quoted above..

Hold on a minute . Why not just use a voltage regulator ? Maplin's ect ( or Hobby Shack in the USA ) sell these at very reasonable prices and you can adjust the output to whatever you require . Using one of these will protect your ESC and allow you to use whatever battery you want .

Did anyone use this combo already?

8,4 7 Cell Battery + Tamiya ESC?

Do 7 Cell Batterys fit? 

Does anyone know if a 7 Cell 8,2 Volt Pack will fit the standard battery compartment?

On 5/29/2020 at 1:37 AM, whahooo said:

Does anyone know if a 7 Cell 8,2 Volt Pack will fit the standard battery compartment?

Yes. You have to unscrew the plastic spacers inside the battery compartment. There is two screws on the end of each plastic cap. This is what they were designed for, the old 8.4v 7 cell Gold Power packs.

Oh, thanks!

I didn`t know that, now i have to check if the ESC can handle mor Volt or i have to find a litte bit mor Forward/Reverse Motors.

My 7 Cell Pack doesn't fit :D

it is about 5mm to long.

Do i miss something? I've just took the one Spacer out. Do i have to put a Spacer in to make the compadment longer?