europro975

Original 58028 Hilux Tyres/Tires

I know this might of been asked before, but has anybody found any other tyres/tires that fit on the Hilux wheels?

Be it Tamiya or an after market company??

Antony

Quite a few 1.9 tires work but you have to use one with a small outside diameter

I have discovered that 1.55 RC4WD tires fit perfectly. The Hilux wheels are actually slightly smaller than 1.9 and they slope away from the rim, so it is hard to get 1.9's to snuggle nicely.

RC4WD make several 1.55's with an outer diameter of between 90mm and 95mm. Blazing Blazer tires have a 95mm to give you some idea of size and I think the original Hilux tires were 88mm.

I have these on my Hilux... http://store.rc4wd.com/Mud-Thrashers-155-Scale-Tires_p_219.html. Look fantastic and are so much softer than the originals that you actually get some articulation!

Not to hijack but what about tires for the Blazing Blazer? Any suggestions there?

Jay

taller tyre carcass is from Wild Willy M38, rim is same size just wider so it'll be 1.55"

do you still bother with the plastic cage innertube?

I did try keeping the cage and then trimming the inner foam that comes with the tire. It worked but did not really feel right. In the end I pulled out the plastic cage and used the full foam rings. I like it better this way.

The Blazer tires are the same outer diameter as these. Look at the RC4WD tire range... there are several 1.55 options that work really well.