Quandry

Tamico.... I'd like to visit one day...

I have used them a few times now and they are spot on.

in a way I am glad its in Germany because if that was local I would never be out of it :)

it was hard enough getting me out of Beatties all those years ago.

• Like 1

think so, they shipped to the UK no problem. there site is in German (obviously) but with bing translator its easy enough to get through

• Like 1

@Tamiya Era:

As specified in their shipping terms, Tamico ships within the European Union (EU), to Switzerland and to Norway.

• Like 1

yep they ship internationally, i fumbled through their website to find what i thought was a "contact" link. I emailed them in english, they replied, and sent me the cost of the articles i was after (cheaper than the website due to no tax, international) and shipping cost. They sent me a Paypal invoice, I paid, and the items arrived safely to Australia, excellent store with excellent service.

• Like 4

yep they ship internationally, i fumbled through their website to find what i thought was a "contact" link. I emailed them in english, they replied, and sent me the cost of the articles i was after (cheaper than the website due to no tax, international) and shipping cost. They sent me a Paypal invoice, I paid, and the items arrived safely to Australia, excellent store with excellent service.

yep - ditto to what kym said. have ordered from them a few times for hard to find parts. you just need to email them for an invoice. a few other places are like this too... like this place in athens: http://www.e-kalfakis.gr/radio-control-c-1.html

@Tamiya Era:

As specified in their shipping terms, Tamico ships within the European Union (EU), to Switzerland and to Norway.

So sad as i am attracted to how they pack the kits..so profissional!

I buy 95% of my new Tamiya kits at Tamico, perfect shop I can highly recommend. Almost all orders are delivered next day by DHL.

If you Tamico likes then also tries out www.modellbau-seidel.de. Tamico is the best shop for Tamiya kits, but Seidel is the best shop for Tamiya spare parts.

• Like 2

Thinking of picking one of these up from them:

http://www.tamico.de/Tamiya-Mad-Fighter-DT-01-Bausatz-OHNE-REGLER

40 euros = roughly £33. £33 quid for a brand new Mad Fighter (albeit minus the ESC)! That was the first Tamiya RC I ever saw in action, so it makes me want to bite the bullet and get one providing that postage isn't too much. But I've just got two RCs last Christmas, probably can't justify another, however cheap. :P

• Like 1

The last time I visited Tamico in Autumn 2014 to get some paints and tools, I found their sales floor area has been reduced, so the counter is right in front of you when you step inside.

On the other hand this means they've got now even more storage space available. They say there was no other way since besides having the full Tamiya lineup, they sell now an assortment of Kyosho buggies, crawler from various manufacturers, RC10-rereleases and lots of aftermarket parts as well as a vast range of RC electronics. Which eats up a lot of space.

By the way, their website underwent a revision, along with a vintage kit section:

http://tamico.de/Vintage

Not all of their vintage kits and parts are found on the website, so if you've got a special request, it won't hurt contacting them by e-mail.

I keep ordering from them, need to buy several kits at a time to cover their flat postage charge :-)

That store looks awesome, here in Canada you are hard pressed to find Tamiya in any hobby shops. There is a few, but it seems the Canadian dist. isn't easy to work with and most shops have got fed up and don't sell Tamiya. It's a shame, but at least Tamiya is going stong everywhere else. I get most of my stuff from Japan.

Advance Hobbies

My other place of choice is in Mississauga. Great Hobbies. They've good prices, great service and can get nearly as many Tamiya as the above and usually have a great in store stock (not as much as above but still great). I ordered two Bruiser Re Releases there ad they will be getting the Egress Re-Re.

http://www.greathobbies.com/

I second the praise for Great Hobbies. I ordered a Vorza from them yesterday and got the mail slip to pick it up at the post office today. They may take over from eBay as my main source of RC

Amazing! Makes my local Hobbystores look a bit basic lol

Agree would need to go there with a van and a big wedge of 50s!

I got a box in from Tamico a couple of weeks back. While I was super excited to rip in to the contents I put aside a Tamico flyer - some promotional material. Last night I chanced upon this item that was flung aside in haste and found it very intriguing.

Apologies for the quality of this but I'm doing the best I can from a fairly small flier:

tamico1.jpg

From what I can gather, Tamico is kind of like Tamiya Heaven, although to get the most of your experience it is mandatory to speak/understand German, or at least have Google Translate on hand :)

Close up of top picture - Look at all of the kits!!!!

tamico2.jpg

I think I see some Sand Scorchers, Avants, Rough Rider..... what can you see?

Close up of the bottom picture -

tamico3.jpg

I see Joest Racing Porsche, lots of Frogs, Sand Scorcher, Avante Black, Avante, Blitzer Beetle, Hotshot, a ton of other stuff I'd like to see close up :)

In summary, I'd like to visit there one day, the only down side is that if I did go, I would nead to be in a Ford Transit van as there is no way you could walk through there without coming out with armfulls of kits.

Has anyone on TC been to Tamico and are there any better photos around?

• Like 1