Skip! remember me :lol:

Still kicking around on here.. god my TXT-1 is now way underpowered compared to what you guys are trying out.

I've ran glued tyres for many a year. Although I've only got twin 14.4 volt 550 motors, the gearing is short so it will pull a big wheely on launch. Without glued tyres I'd waste all the power.

Of corse without glue you have a very basic slipper clutch action, but where is the fun in that :P

• Like 1

You could just try a flat elastic rubber band in the bead area of the rim - this will give increased tyre/rim grip and still retain a little slip action in extremis

Worth a try for under £1 ?

Course I remember you mate - I am not that old :lol:

I was wasting huge amounts of power on Saturday - surprised I didn't have smoke coming off the rims spinning in the tyres lol

I am going to use Shoe Goo as its got some flex in it - watch this space :) I thought about the rubber band method but decided it wouldn't be enough for the insane power of the truck...

Anyway Ed - where have you been - its been years! ;)

Well i've ended up expanding my hobbies to a few other things, so not quite as Tamiya mad as I used to be... But, you can't not take a couple on your travels for a blast now and again...

I got married over a year and a half ago.. And she enjoys driving them too! When i let her apparently! Hehe

This was our unique way of enjoying the sun last summer!

d4d46dfb5fc53a0ac659f616763f871a_zpsef7f

Cool! I just get grief off my Mrs when I want to take them anywhere so you landed a good one there lol

Shoe Goo turned up today so will try and glue the tyres on before the weekend in time for another test :)

Wheelies are now no problem with the Shoe Goo-d tyres - this has put more strain on the driveshafts though as after two packs through the truck the rear one has popped out of the UJ in the gearbox - thats with the grub screw tightened with the allen key twisted to breaking point...

So, my question is - what exactly do I need to replace both shafts with something more beefy....

Loving the truck though - cant wait until funds allow the 550 can 4t monster :lol:

If all goes according to plan I will be picking a TXT shortly. But that video has me wondering if a Castle 8th sidewinder on 4s will be a bit to much for the truck.

The 3S is quite controllable if you're using it in a reasonably sized area. It looks quick because I'm running it an enclosed area. I am running it a 0deg timing, and with a relatively small pinion, so the 3S /2000KV combo has a lot more to give speed wise. I ran it around in a field for 15minutes and the motor didn't even get warm.

I think it would be driveable on 4S, but you would want to use it on a smoothish surface and a reasonable running area. The only downside will be increased wear on the axles and drive shafts, and the possiblity of breakages due to the amount of power.

It has a E-Maxx trans and shafts so it should do alright there. The O.G. RC4WD beadlocks are going to be a strain on it but if my Clod can handle them the TXT should. If its to much I can also pull a pack out and only run on 2s.