lin6499

Dogfighter is back

Yokomo Dogfighter (also known as YZ-834B) is back. :lol:

The picture was taken by my friend Emerson.

075341t2mk6hcp5h99a5pp.jpg.thumb.jpg

Anyone want to translate? This looks like a preproduction one-off. Though, I'd definitely buy one if this is really happening.

• Like 1

Its hard to believe the 870c was only 4 years after this model, the design was so advanced compared to that awkward looking thing. I'd probably buy one though if it was re released :-)

Anyone want to translate? This looks like a preproduction one-off. Though, I'd definitely buy one if this is really happening.

I'm a Taiwanese who speaks poor English and Japanese,

but I'll try to do my best to translate some information.

First, the re-re version will use more aluminium parts instead of plastic ones, such as suspension arms.

Second, gears and oil dampers will be modern technology.

The last, there will be two re-re versions availble and the difference is color.

One of them is black with yellow just like the original one, and the other is siiver.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

yeah Yok showed a 834 prototype last yr, had a mixture of vintage and new 3D printed parts

was published in a jap magazine but haven't heard anything since

Do you suppose that perhaps they saw the re-releases of Kyosho and Associated, and thought the Dogfighter was too outdated? It would be a nice thought if it meant a more advanced vintage model was to be produced instead...

Works 93 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease Yokomo. I will throw lots and lots and lots of money at you if you do. Promise :)

Wow so this must hold the record for the longest amount of time a re-re is rumoured to be released and then actually becomes reality 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anytimebaby said:

Wow so this must hold the record for the longest amount of time a re-re is rumoured to be released and then actually becomes reality 

No, the original post is about the 834, the current info is for the 870 Super Dogfighter. Very different buggy

• Like 1

Holy Moly....the YZ-870C is coming back? That is sensational news. B)

How come there isn't a thread on here about it? Does nobody get excited about re-releases anymore? :mellow:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Holy Moly....the YZ-870C is coming back? That is sensational news. B)

How come there isn't a thread on here about it? Does nobody get excited about re-releases anymore? :mellow:

I do, but not for a car I've never heard of.....  :huh:

10 minutes ago, Twinfan said:

I do, but not for a car I've never heard of.....  :huh:

I guess you weren't around in the late 80s then? It's an icon from that era.

I was, but not racing which is where I guess most people would know it from.

(I've now looked it up)

I thought of starting one but remembering this false alarm years ago I wasn’t willing to get my/anybody else’s hopes up until there was something more official.  Having said that, I am super excited to know if this is true as I will start hunting for an opportunity to preorder.  Always drooled over these old Yokomo 4 wheelers way back when.

• Like 1

The moment I heard this on social media I asked my National dealer to check with Factory. The reply to me was "is under planning now". Coincidentally in May (not knowing of this from 2013), I did ask my dealer to go beg with Factory to do some re re. Dealer asked me which model ? I said anything pre 2K and world champion sure make money. So, I would like to think that is some very very small way I helped nudge Yokomo on on this subject matter ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

No, the original post is about the 834, the current info is for the 870 Super Dogfighter. Very different buggy

Ha'way no need to be so pedantic! Eee I bet your a right fun sponge at a party....now back on planet earth ...is It not fantastic news Yokomo has pulled its finger from its bum and actually ..... hopefully this time ...going to produce a re-re Dog fighter...woopwoop

• Confused 3

24 minutes ago, anytimebaby said:

Ha'way no need to be so pedantic! Eee I bet your a right fun sponge at a party....now back on planet earth ...is It not fantastic news Yokomo has pulled its finger from its bum and actually ..... hopefully this time ...going to produce a re-re Dog fighter...woopwoop

Not sure how I’m being pedantic? Your comment was about how long between rumour and fact? The original post was about the 834, nothing to do with the 870, but whatever mate!

and yes, I’m excited by the potential of this release

• Like 2