Quarterwave

Need Lipo Battery Size Help

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone with some more experience that I can help with my inquiry....

I have recently put together a new Tamiya Wild One re-issue and need some help finding a lipo battery pack that will fit into the standard battery compartment.

I tried this model:

RC Turnigy 4000mAh 2S 30C Lipo Pack

.... but it was too big.

Can anyone please advise what will fit without modification and provide similar (or more) power and run time?

Or is there a modification that WIld One owners are performing to accommodate lipos?

Any help is appreciated it advance.

Never ever use a soft pack lipo in an RC car.

Only use hard case lipo's.

Safety first and the fact that hard case lipo's are made for cars.

Have a look at the Turnigy nano-tech Shorty 4200mah Hard case lipo pack on Hobbyking.

Whats wrong with soft case.. a bit of a sweeping statement. I use both. I appreciate the hard case offers 1mm of plastic protection but the car battery tray is much thicker.

Also on the mad bull etc with the rounded tray its hard to ge a hardcase in.

I may change my mind if one of my cars ever catches fire .

VR - have you successfully tried this battery into the Wild One re-issue battery compartment?

By my own measurements, I'm looking for 127 mm x 51 mm x 13 mm. The length dimension from the Hobbyking website is larger than that @ 134 mm....

I have had a "Roar approved" hardcase lipo puff up so hard it has burst the hardcase. Turnigy 4000mah 2s

But also have had 2 softcase lipos puff up really bad and threw them away, on my 4th lipo now which is a softcase 3s with a turnigy silicone protection sleeve.

I have had many hard crashes with all the lipos mostly on tarmac so they have taken a right beating.

In my opinion, if the car has good battery protection, go for it, but there are always risks with any battery.

Here's a 3s soft case that took lots of tarmac abuse in my brushless blitzer beetle (R.I.P) I disposed of the battery after this picture.

DSCF6042_zps6fbbbfea.jpg

VR - have you successfully tried this battery into the Wild One re-issue battery compartment?

By my own measurements, I'm looking for 127 mm x 51 mm x 13 mm. The length dimension from the Hobbyking website is larger than that @ 134 mm....

Don't ask for advice then question it... It is the same size as a standard tamiya battery and fits in all mine.( I don't have a wild one) So if the wild one has a special battery size and you can obviously use a tape measure you will find the right one

Don't ask for advice then question it... It is the same size as a standard tamiya battery and fits in all mine.( I don't have a wild one) So if the wild one has a special battery size and you can obviously use a tape measure you will find the right one

What? Asking you to validate your response is wrong? Grow up pal.

Thanks to everyone else for posting, I appreciate the information.

So did you find the correct size ?? I got an FAV and a Streetrover for xmas and so far the 3300 Turnigy fits in all 16 of my tamiya models and the 5000 Hardcase in around 50 % of them..

The ony two battery sizes I use

@Vrdetailing, does the smaller 3300 Turnigy fit in a WR-02 ? or a WR-01?, as a replacement for the standard round Tamiya stick battery?

I am looking for something that will fit in my 4WD blackfoot 3

It also fits mad bull, wild willy, M05, lunchbox and many more... You can fit the 5000mah hard case in those with a square battery tray (some need he little triangles removed) such as TT01/2 , bullhead, DT02, FAV, Lunchbox etc...

• Like 1