kontemax

Egress & Avante 2001 revamp!

Hard work today.

EgressRevamp87_zpsda139b15.jpg

Finally all metal parts are polished. This is the result (bad picture, sorry).

EgressRevamp86_zps89282d1a.jpg

Next step is the polishing of the lower chassis plate that is very big and ruined. I will need many time to do it and I'm not sure about the result.

Max

Wow, really nice and shining :)

Oh mates, this is bad.

EgressRevamp88_zpsc1bf6a35.jpg

Max

You got some hours of polishing ahead of you.... just continue with wax on, wax off it seems to be working great

I'm a Karate master now.

The polishing of the chassis plates is over and now they look better.

Here some pictures of them:

EgressRevamp90_zps7072606c.jpg

EgressRevamp89_zps0abdf508.jpg

Some wear signs remain, especially where the battery is located but the result is more than good in my opinion.

EgressRevamp91_zps1a3b2179.jpg

EgressRevamp92_zps0232ad5d.jpg

miyagiapproves_zpsa57524e6.jpg

Now I can finally begin to assemble the Egress but some little parts to restore or rebuild or rethink remain so the job is not yet finished.

Max

• Like 4

I used an automotive abrasive paste. You can easy find it in every store that sales products for the car bodies.

Max

Assembling the front and the rear gearboxes...

EgressRevamp93_zpsd88a0c4c.jpg

EgressRevamp94_zpsb6343adf.jpg

EgressRevamp95_zps56a1c46c.jpg

EgressRevamp96_zps58200f3b.jpg

EgressRevamp97_zps8a4a821d.jpg

EgressRevamp98_zpsc880fac9.jpg

EgressRevamp99_zpscf997d5c.jpg

EgressRevamp100_zpsd794a7b6.jpg

EgressRevamp101_zps83e1994a.jpg

EgressRevamp102_zpsc13c3b76.jpg

That's all at the moment.

Max

• Like 3

:D Ciao MASSIMO, mi sono imbattuto in questo tuo lavoro !!! non sono molto bravo a scrivere lunghi commenti, per non smentirmi ti diro in poche parole cio che penso, ti faccio i complimenti per come ai gestito la costruzione di questa macchina, veramente molto bravo, in`oltre i dettagli che offri al popolo dei TAMIYACLUB FANS e molto dettagliato, con un mare di bellissime fotografie, si debbo dire che ai fatto un super lavoro, ora ti saluto e mi auguro che la qualita della tua vita sia buona, CIAO MASSIMO. :D

• Like 1

Ciao Roberto,

thank you for your kind words. Here nothing changes, this country is prisoner of war but I believe that in Africa, or Iraq or Syria is worse than here in Italy.

Max

This is a great amount of information provided and I love the scratch built items. Looks like a lot of time and effort put forth into your build/rebuild. Just a curiosity as to why you chose to use melted sponge instead of a straight silicon sealant to protect the gearbox from dirt?

I decided for sponge because the silicon is a mess. The sponge is cleaner and works great.

Then, with the sponge, you can easly disassemble the parts, wash them and reassemble without problems. The sponge will remain in place and you simply will close the parts again.

Max

A light bead of Vaseline works great too. Just wipe away any excess from the outside join once assembled and easy to clean out next time around (with no sticky adhesive like silicon).

Hey Max, how is this one coming along ? I have just ordered some more Egress 2013 parts for a bit of an Egress Revamp myself.

Ufff.... the project at the moment is sitting in its box, I've no time at the moment, as usual...

It's almost finished because I need to clean and mount the rear arms and the dampers but seems impossible to complete...

I'll post news asap.

Max

Ehi guys,

it is unbelievable!

In April I have a presentation of my web serie, a screening in a web serie festival and the publication of the first of seventeen episodes on youtube.

I must finish the post production of all of them and, if you think this is not enough, as a surprise is arrived a new movie a week ago so we must have all documentation ready for may because we must ask a financing from the ministry of culture.

I have no time and still I have no money!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going crazy, probably I will suicide!

Max

• Like 1

Friends don't let friends hurt themselves. Hang in there Buddy ! :D

• Like 1

Ahahahah! I'm going crazy, I can't make the hobby, I just lurk here on the forum during the renderings...

Max

• Like 1

Ahahahah! I'm going crazy, I can't make the hobby, I just lurk here on the forum during the renderings...

Max

Just have a liitle time with your Eggy and all craziness will go loooooool

All the best with your Movie Project!

• Like 1

Hi mates!

Finally I have some time to continue this long term project.
I have always few time and too many projects to cure so please be patient with me.
Anyway here some minor news but at the end it's a progress anyway.

I finally mounted the steering plate. This allowed to complete the mount of the front shock tower. In fact two screws and nuts were waiting in the bag.

Egress%20Revamp%20103_zpsesqg4bge.jpg

Here the steering plate. As you can see this is not an Egress carbon Fiber steering plate but a simple Vanquish fiberglass one.
I chopped it and you could understand that I had no courage to chop a carbon fiber plate.

Egress%20Revamp%20104_zpsljo4zsa5.jpg

Now the question is: Why did you chop the steering plate?

Because the steering plate is too width and when the suspension is fully compressed the steering links are too inclined and the ball ends touch the plate. The suspension movement is not free. With this modification I made some clearance and now nothing touches anywhere. As you can see also the yellow ball ends has been chopped to make more clearance. In the next future, when I will learn to use some 3D drawing software, I will replace the plate with a castom carbon one.

Well, let's go on.

Next step is the rear shock tower. As you can see the screws are a little bit longer than needed but again I had no courage to cut the titanium screws.

Egress%20Revamp%20105_zpsyvcrdstl.jpg

Titanium and aluminum galore.

Egress%20Revamp%20106_zpsbab6gxcx.jpg

As per the front shock tower also the rear tower is carbon fiber made and both are handmade.
These towers are temporary and will soon be replaced with two machine-made pieces.

Egress%20Revamp%20107_zpstzoixx5i.jpg

Finally the rear arms are gone in their own place.
The problem I had with the rear arms was that the side reinforcing plates needed to be polished too but I was been very lazy to do this job until today.

Egress%20Revamp%20108_zpsmoiytkcl.jpg

I didn't remember that with the new CVDs shafts the splined adapters don't fit so I needed to buy some new modern ones.

Egress%20Revamp%20109_zpsrkkvzpgb.jpg

This Egress has the Dyna Storm/Top Force adjustable turnbuckles all around. These are the rear ones.
This model deserves better screws so I will replace them.

Egress%20Revamp%20110_zpsq8rrgvqv.jpg

And now a revolutionary news! Finally, after years and years of use I painted the undertray.
I made it black, as per manual. This is rare for me because usually the undertray has the same color of the body but this time it was almost impossible because the body has so many colors that I didn't know what choose from them. Black is the right choice at the end imho.

Egress%20Revamp%20111_zpsnbd2da3e.jpg

I had been too lazy to paint it before now.

Egress%20Revamp%20112_zpsyk9ttm9p.jpg

But probably the model will be equiped with a new body and undertray, probably a repro from ***** because this remains a runner anyway. Original body will stay for the shelf.

Egress%20Revamp%20113_zpsjlkfxgqm.jpg

That's all for the moment. Let's see again in a couple of years with the new works... ;)

Max

• Like 2

You can get the original egress body and undertray at Tamico saves on shipment and customs.

Looks nice with the blue and yellow bits.

• Like 1

My projects to conquer the world is to restore this Egress and, waiting for the Jamie Booth's Replica Kit, make another one with two tone similar to this one.

I perfectly know about the Tamico bodies and will pick up them for these two models but a repro will be the choice for the track.

This body is very tired after 26 years...

Max

You got some hours of polishing ahead of you.... just continue with wax on, wax off it seems to be working great

I was unaware that you could polish graphite... what product do you use?

• Like 1