Toykid

FAV based Chenowth Sand Rail

VERY impressive James! This looks so amazing. I apologize if you already pointed this out earlier in the thread, but where did you get the battery and what is its capacity?

Steve

Thanks Steve,

It takes a Dynamite speedpack 7.4V 2000mAh mini LiPo (30C).

Running the standard 540 and ESC you get a good turn of speed and about 10mins of run time.

• Like 1

It's funny because I still remember when 2000mAh was a big capacity. These days unless you have 4000mAh + people don't rate it. It gives me plenty of runtime for a scale model.

• Like 1

Looking good!!!! James.

Just about ready for another test run I'd say... Like you I can remember when 2000mAh was a big battery for my Tamiya's.

When I was a boy all I ever got was 7-10 mins..

I might have to gig things around a little in the electrics box, don't think I can pair a mini rx with my 2.4ghz tx.

That is looking absolutely gorgeous.

+1 (A big 1 too) simply stunning work there and love the colour scheme. Spot on buddy :)

• Like 1

This is just full of win, that passenger seat is screaming out for a Wild Wendy though!!!

• Like 2

I got a chance to get out and make a quick video this weekend. Super rough and not on the sand - yet :)

James.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I am updating the CAD now and it should be ready soon. I also have some other FAV surprises up my sleeve.

That really is fantastic.

Did you manage to get the smooth finish to the 3d material? I have a set of 3d printed prototype-esque 959 wheels but the material is really rough... I think I will lose all of the fine detail on them when I sand them smooth.

You have to order the "strong white and polished" material finish from shapeways. My engines are done this way so you don't have to sand and lose the details.

Cool SRB sand rail. There are a couple of other members that have been doing those. I chose the wild one as a base to keep the costs down and I really wanted some cool trailing rear arms.

That's so cool that Newman should be doing the driving ;)

Very cool, looks right at home on the sand

Was that with the standard silver can ?

I really like Wild & Moto Willy. But I've surprised myself here and think a scale driver might be better. I know the answer, I need two :);)

• Like 2

Thanks guys, the video was taken using a silver can. Here is a pic if the batter I use. Got over 20 mins with this bad boy on sand:

Posted Image

Here is how it fits in the car:

Posted Image

It looks great! The suspension looked very impressive in slow-motion.

Is that an RC helicopter being used to carry the camera?

Is that an RC helicopter being used to carry the camera?

I was wondering the same thing - how to you get those smooth tracking shots?

Jx

I have a gopro mounted at the bottom of a long pole that is connected to my transmitter. It allows me to follow the car walking but keep the camera low to the ground.

That is a great setup - I was wondering why I only saw a helicopter shadow when filming with the back of the camera to the Sun...