jeekelemental

Older buggies are coolest!

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All this aerodynamic research on off road buggies sounds strange to me.

All this research and then every off road car has an anti aerodynamic wall in the front end called front shocks and front shock tower...

It smells of marketing...

Max

• Like 1

with the power of brushless and lipo forward cabs do appear to be pointless.

I think its only on 2wd any difference is noticeable.

Maybe because of the increased speed and different weight balance of brushless lipo cars then forward cabs do have some effect.

Plus with 2wd being mainly mid motored now forward cabs come in to their own on this platform.

Forward cab body shells do work very well on race cars, doesn't mean I like them but my TRF201 Vega works alot better with a forward cab body shell.

Can you explain how the cab-forward 'works better' for you Lee?

thanks

One thing I've noticed with traditional 2WD racing buggy bodyshells is the lack of space for electronic components. Once you try to fit one of those tall speed controllers for brushless motors, things can turn out pretty tight. My guess is a forward cab body opens up the opportunity for placing electronics in a more comfortable way. Especially in mid-motored 2WD cars, where space is precious.

It has nothing to do with GregM's above post

(I cannot use the 'quote' option on this pc)

As a racer I have tried both a normal rear cab and the a forward cab body shell on my trf201 vega.

the forward cab gives down force at the front of the car, giving it more stability during high speed straights and corners.

During jumping the car is more controllable and predictable.

I run a 6.5 in my vega ...........

• Like 1

One thing people are not picking up on is the fact 2wd mid motored buggies have a much longer chassis than 2wd buggies used to have.

Not only has the weight balance moved due to being mid motored and now being longer chassis the 2wd cars of today are very different to the traditional set up.

Times have moved on gentleman, ugly they maybe but as long as it says Tamiya down the side of my car and I am winning I really don't give a hoot what it looks like !!

• Like 1