IBIFTKH

Mini project - Wild Willy's pit crew!

First I need to say a big 'thank you' to Toykid, without his help and advice I wouldn't have been able to do this - thanks buddy.

I emailed James to ask how he built his Wild Willy figure, hoping it would be possible to replicate what he'd done. He pointed me in the right direction and I grabbed a couple of Jack Osbourne figures from an ebay seller, and two Willy 'torso' figures from RCMart. Jack's head needed surgery to enable Willy's crash helmet to fit so a little cutting, gluing and painting later and I'm the very pleased owner of this little fella.

DSCF2105

DSCF2104

Jack looks a little worried...!!!

DSCF2113

DSCF2083

DSCF2086

He looks about the right size next to a 'normal' WW driver.

DSCF2116

I've got the parts to build a second figure. I'm tempted to try changing his pose but I may chicken out! I'm also tempted to base one on an Ozzy figure (though Ozzy's more expensive!).

Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Rob

• Like 4

That is really cool was looking at the base figures a while back but never thought about doing something like this.

That really is awesome - so THAT'S how he 'made' the stand-alone bodies... must. get. on. the. bay!

I've been working on a little something myself - photos in the Terminator Willy thread soon!

Jx

• Like 1

James is a good lad, I've got those figures saved in my eBay lists ready to buy...

Nice work on the red shirt..

Just sent you a PM

Wow, that turned out great! The amount of custom Willys on here lately is incredible!

I guess in some ways, he's kind of the Tamiya mascot.

Really nice work.

Cheers,

Skottoman

You need to put the left over bits together and get jack osborne driving something like a rodded midnight pumpkin.

I was thinking that if you are tempted to chicken out, get some of JennyMo's advice - she has done fantastic work with Wild Willy figures, and so could potentially help you out for this project!

Looking forward to seeing it come to life!

Jack looks a little worried...!!!

DSCF2113.JPG

YAY finally someone's found something remotely USEFUL that the character is good for

That's Jack Osborne? Looks more like Meg Griffin :)

Willy looks great tho!

I think this is spot on and kudos to Toykid for the great idea.

I've bought 5 Jack Osbournes and plan to make 5 Willys. 1 for me and 4 to give to my members.

I'll make sure I reference back to Toykid when I present them on Iconic.

Brilliant. :)

Thanks for all the kind words folks, Willy is very happy you like him! I'm looking forward to seeing more of these appearing soon :)

You need to put the left over bits together and get jack osborne driving something like a rodded midnight pumpkin.

Nice idea but Jack's head in encased inside the helmet - doing that means you can still turn his head.

Uuuh, Mr Crispy, you appear to have changed my name and gender!

Cheers,

Rob

That's Jack Osborne? Looks more like Meg Griffin :)

Willy looks great tho Jenny!

Not me, this is all Rob's own work!

That said, I might have already bought myself a Jack Osbourne figure... ahem.

It's certainly given me an idea or two!

Thanks again to both Toykid and IBIFTKH for the ongoing inspiration!

Jx

ps. Meg Griffin - ha ha! - you know that's actually his chin and not his lips don't you?! (although I can see how you might have been mistaken!)

Oops, sorry Rob. This "Osbourne family" range are great figures, I wonder what else they'd suit?

Moto willy also staring in Radio Control Car Action, March edition :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

James.

• Like 1

Very cool. He almost looks like one of the caricatures in some Tamiya manuals. I reckon he'd look good driving that Glamis too...

• Like 1

Got my figure turned up at work today so going to get the head chopped off tomorrow and work on a new fixing for the wild willy head. Going to use the leftover head for another project that i'm working on at the moment.

Hee hee - suddenly there is a rush on Jack Osbourne figures on Ebay!

Yep, I got mine in the post too today...

"Woah, Dude - check out the new lights on the STUMPkin!"
IMG_2266_zpscd96b371.jpg

Uh, oh - looks like this might not end well for Jack... "Arrrrrrgh!"
IMG_2267_zps712e230e.jpg

Fortunately only a haircut and a chin shave was required!
IMG_2278_zpsce4a941c.jpg

Although I fear he did drown in a helmet full of P38!

I followed Rob's idea, and retained [the majority of] Jack's head inside the helmet, so that the neck still pivots... however, I'd say with some judicious cutting, and a rod inserted into his neck, you could actually retain the original Jack head for something else...

Hmmmmmm, that's given me another idea!

Thank you again IBIFTKH and Toykid for such an awesome inspiration!

Jx

• Like 2

Jenny,

That looks great and I think it's so cool he can hold the tamiya wrench, nicely done.

James.

• Like 1

Jenny,

That looks great and I think it's so cool he can hold the tamiya wrench, nicely done.

James.

Yes - of course it was your excellent competition entry that gave me that idea!

I don't want to hijack IBIFTKH's thread any more than I have already, but in the spirit of inspiring others - I messed around with this idea this afternoon:

"And in a packed programme tonight..."

Specky_zpsea83e9a9.jpg

It actually works pretty well I thought? - I've been waiting ages to find a suitable pair of shades for Willy, and thought Jack's glasses would be a good option - but ultimately I think I prefer him without the specs...

OK, normal service resumed...

Jx

You're not hijacking, I think we're grown up enough to share (or equally immature, but let's not go there...) ;)

Maybe the glasses would look better with a dark tint on the lenses?

The glasses do work really well, think this adds a whole new level to what can be done with willy. Maybe we need a kelly figure with a wendy head.