Adamcurrie

Original Top Force - Should I bother?

Right forgot about those, yes the blue dyna cilinders are still available and include the sleeve.

I do not reccommend these sleeved dampers cylinders because you need all hardware to mount them that is not easy to find and, at the end, you will not find probably the top o-rings of the top cap, they are very very hard to find.

My two cents.

Max

Found these

http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/index.php?firma=Tamiya&best=9805441

I'd need the shafts etc though, can't seem to find them

Getting it back up and running this weekend with a bit of luck :) My son wants to race his HB VE8 against something of mine

Sooo, i figured out what went wrong. the spur was toast but that was simple, replaced that and ran up and down the street a couple of times. It was very noisy. I pulled it apart and found this.

27BA73FC-2F25-4284-A7D9-CCE9781C9AA0_zps

I have a suspicion it shouldn't be in 2 pieces.

Sooo, i figured out what went wrong. the spur was toast but that was simple, replaced that and ran up and down the street a couple of times. It was very noisy. I pulled it apart and found this.

27BA73FC-2F25-4284-A7D9-CCE9781C9AA0_zps

I have a suspicion it shouldn't be in 2 pieces.

Ouch - you've not had much luck with your Top Force all told :(

Maybe a 8.5T or 10.5T would be better suited going forward ?

Oh boy, now who takes his TF evo out on a Friday the 13th? <_<

:rolleyes:;)

• Like 1

rcmart are going to replace the motor but I'll probably get a less hot one :)

Far out.. a 5.5 brushless in a hot manta ray. hope you've done the rear gear box mod. I kinda freak out taking out my 17.5 and putting a 6.5 for the occasional mod run with my HB D4. 5.5 in vintage Tamiya? I'd be heading more along the 13.5 route max but that is just my opinion.

UDKEk3D.jpg

So I've moved houses and fixed real cars for a while, then came back to the Top Force :)

The damage from the accident was greater than I thought initially or parts have been damaged in transit. I've had to order some more plastics. An A and a B tree coming my way now for replacement gearboxes. I've bought a 17.5t motor for good measure too, the 5.5 is too hot for this thing and will be relegated to another car.

I'll rebuild the drive train to make sure it's all OK but I'm keen to get it going to race against my sons 1/8.

Daverobbo, sorry I didn't see your post. I've modded the rear box but it still wasn't enough for the 5.5. Well..... actually I just have no throttle control.

Great to hear it will be running again soon, your car inspired me, a hopped up Top Force is my fav runner now, let me know when it's done and we can have a bash

Hi @Snappy1 Almost a year on, not too much in the way of updates.

I have a re-re kit I'm about to build, that will be fun. 2 sets of re-re hi-caps 1 set already on the vintage :) and 2 sets of J parts.

The black wheels are a bit buckled and the tyres worn anyway. I'll buy some new wheels and tyres and rebuild the diffs before taking it out for a run again.

top%20force_zpslgr9p3lq.jpg