Adamcurrie

Original Top Force - Should I bother?

Get the list up and i'll see what i can do for you ;)

If you can reference the part numbers SA4, C1 etc from the manual that would help greatly :D

I dont know about shipment from UK to down under, but it may be more economical and easier to score a decent rere Manta Ray or other DF01 chassis localy for little money and get a new J-parts sprue, that should cover most of the (plastic) parts that you need to replace.

OK Adam, this is what i have, you can have this lot for the cost of the postage (at a guess ca £7 BGP to Aus ?)..

Rear gearbox (main section , rear plate and top plate) - used but sound

Motor mount - used but sound - still recommend you upgrade to a alloy one mind ;)

rear body post bracket - used but good

J3 deck support - used but good

used bumper - scuffed but better than you have

used gear, shaft and shaft bushing x 2

screw pins for front hub/upright x 3

Used 3 x 42mm steering rod with one correct rod end and one incorrect bu functionally OK

image_zps4787817b.jpg

New J5 posts x 4

New J1/J8 steering arms

New J12 post

New J14 battery end stop/frame

image_zps5d8ae442.jpg

I also have a new set of decals, £10GBP when added to above

image_zps7ebf03e4.jpg

• Like 2

Ace, Percymon.

Noticed the J5's you mentioned, never saw them on my second hand TFs, but they are on the J parts sprues I got.

Do you know what they are for? maybe saddle pack posts. (they are greyed out in the manual)

Ace, Percymon.

Noticed the J5's you mentioned, never saw them on my second hand TFs, but they are on the J parts sprues I got.

Do you know what they are for? maybe saddle pack posts. (they are greyed out in the manual)

No idea unless they are for the Evo ?

Nope got three of those, no J5s there. (great this means a night without sleep till I find out what Tamiya thought there ;) )

I still think they were intended for some kind of saddle pack construction. mmm <_<

Nope got three of those, no J5s there. (great this means a night without sleep till I find out what Tamiya thought there ;) )

I still think they were intended for some kind of saddle pack construction. mmm <_<

I can't see the parts well enough in this article to substantiate your thoughts, but you might be right, or perhaps the sprue moulding included prototype or future model parts that were never used in reality ?

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/article.asp?id=262

Just tried the list and failed, formatting was atrocious. I'll have to play with it.

About the J5's I remember thinking the same thing about the saddle pack, think the idea was to use a standard size strap to hold them down. Never bothered though.

Those battery brackets are for saddle l packs I feel. I made my own up for my Top Force runner which I built up from my left over parts from my restored Rays .

Awesome runners. :)

Glad to see you are doing a rebuild on it.

TopForce_zpsde7a492b.jpg

• Like 2

I love this! My first Tamiya was a Hotshot II, I wanted a Boomerang but was given that instead. I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have although I loved it. The silver box looked great, wish I'd kept it but it never made it when we moved here from the UK. I still have the manual but the car was given away many years ago.

Hotshot-1.jpg

You know that ball diff nylon part that you put the tiny balls in? Despite meticulous care of my diff parts during disassembly, it appears as though it's in the cat.......

You know that ball diff nylon part that you put the tiny balls in? Despite meticulous care of my diff parts during disassembly, it appears as though it's in the cat.......

You could replace that part with the ballbearing that is in other diffs (f103 part no 53136) is a good improvement.

You could replace that part with the ballbearing that is in other diffs (f103 part no 53136) is a good improvement.

Thanks waterbok, I've bought a couple of them. Just have to wait now. (ordered my first part for the rebuild :) )

No worries Adam, I've got one of those ;)

Percymon, nooooo I'm accepting too much already. The J parts you're helping me with especially is really appreciated. You don't have a J4 by chance? Looks like I bolted mine down directly (or the cat will have to go to the vet).

I'm not touching the egress until this one is working, **** it's hard.

Hi Adam - yes I do have a new J4 which i'll add to the package.

and a little more and you have a complete kit on its way ;)

still room in the 9" x 9" x 2" shipping box :D

I hope some of it will still be my trusty old top force. I really hope the cat hasn't eaten my bits, but he's the most likely culprit.

Percymon, thank you again.