Tamiya Era

Part Differences Between Egress 1989 and Egress 2013

Hello all,

After we obtained this piece of Art , i though to make this thread discussing and mentioning the differences parts that we can compare between the Vintage and Re Re.

This Thread also will help those who seek to modify their re re to Vintage or vis versa :)

i have done a photo of the chassis:

Upper Deck:

20131230_173424_zps207667bb.jpg

It is very clear the difference in both chassis as there are many but focused on major things: Noticed the the Chassis stay hole you will see the length between the 1st one and the 2nd one in the re re is little long than the vintage, that's why hi capacity batteries can fit smoothly in the re re..

- Small holes for the driver figure. :)

- 3 circles changed to 1 and 3/4

Lower Deck:

20131230_173546_zps240f6d75.jpg

The difference in this one is, if you can focus on the Chassis stay hole you will see the lenght between the 1st one and the 2nd one in the re re is little long than the vintage

Lets see what you have!

Cheers

Looking at the upper deck i already know that i won't be able to fit baldwin in my Avante 2k1 by drilling 2 holes in it. Time for a plan B

Yes, the semi circle hole need as a base for the driver.

Tamiya did project the rerelease Egress keeping in mind the Avante 2001 body and driver. This is the reason why the Avante 2001 will be not re released.

Max

Upper Deck:

It is very clear the difference in both chassis as there are many but focused on major things: Noticed the the Chassis stay hole you will see the length between the 1st one and the 2nd one in the re re is little long than the vintage, that's why hi capacity batteries can fit smoothly in the re re..

also new slot in the tailbone and there's now an extra notch for rear gearbox... wonder why's that for?

also new slot in the tailbone and there's now an extra notch for rear gearbox... wonder why's that for?

That thin slot att he rear is on the Avante - it acts as extra locating hole for the triangular rear wing base - seems long wheel base Avante isn't too far off !

ahh ya... the Egress shock/wing mount sprue is labelled for Avante Carbon hopup part#... not Avante nor Egress kit#

^That's probably what the original one said as the carbon chassis hopup came out well before the Egress.

I do notice they have also added the other 3 holes on the upper deck to mount the Avante or Vanquish rear shock towers. I wonder if they are planning a carbon hop-up chassis kit or what. It would be kinda odd though considering the re-re Avante was also carbon.

Also....what the heck is the 2nd tiny hole for next to the driver mount?

The hole on the left is for the screw mount, the hole on the right is for a little pillar under the driver cockpit to avoid the rotation of the driver.

Max

Also....what the heck is the 2nd tiny hole for next to the driver mount?

• Like 1

On 11/01/2014 at 4:08 PM, Tamiya Era said:

Hello all,

After we obtained this piece of Art , i though to make this thread discussing and mentioning the differences parts that we can compare between the Vintage and Re Re.

This Thread also will help those who seek to modify their re re to Vintage or vis versa :)

Upper Deck:

Lower Deck:

The difference in this one is, if you can focus on the Chassis stay hole you will see the lenght between the 1st one and the 2nd one in the re re is little long than the vintage

Lets see what you have!

Cheers

Hi there...

Any chance you have the measurements for the hole for the driver figure as mounting a avante 2001 shell on my 89 egress? 

Was told it was the same but it isn't haha..thanks. 

On 11/1/2014 at 5:08 PM, Tamiya Era said:

Hello all,

Upper Deck:

Another main difference is the surface finish that is matte on vintage and shiny gloss on ReRe.

Another major difference in the top plate is the Avante rear shock tower holes in the rear end, the Avante wing stay horizontal line, the clearance for the rear gearbox on the right side and the diameter of the 1 and 3/4 holes that are bigger than the vintage. Maybe the thickness of the lower plate is different, also.

Max

I need some help. I want to restore a vintage Egress and I would like to know if there is a big difference between the TBG Egress Body and the Tamiya ReRe Body to the Original?

And how about the Decals? Waht are the differnces between the MCI, the ReRe and the Original 1989?

7 hours ago, chaini said:

I need some help. I want to restore a vintage Egress and I would like to know if there is a big difference between the TBG Egress Body and the Tamiya ReRe Body to the Original?

And how about the Decals? Waht are the differnces between the MCI, the ReRe and the Original 1989?

The TBG body is a bit thicker,  the details a little bit less and i can't remember if it was a bit bigger or smaller :P but personally i don't care about these things because in the end you would need eagleeyes to spot the difference. 

Never tried the Egress mci decals, but tried others. Not as nice as the originals one's but only a trainedeye would spot the difference. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Never tried the Egress mci decals, but tried others. Not as nice as the originals one's but only a trainedeye would spot the difference. 

You probably don't know that I'm redrawing the MCI decals for Tamiya models.

I'm a professional graphic advertiser so the quality of my drawing is better than the Tamiya's original ones and the quality of MCI printing is better that Tamiya's (300 dpi vs 120 dpi). Currently I drew Boomerang, Madcap and Vanquish stickers. The next ones will be Dyna Storm and then probably Egress.

Max

• Like 2

I emailed him recently about redesigning the Super Astute decals.  Any news on those ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kontemax said:

You probably don't know that I'm redrawing the MCI decals for Tamiya models.

I'm a professional graphic advertiser so the quality of my drawing is better than the Tamiya's original ones and the quality of MCI printing is better that Tamiya's (300 dpi vs 120 dpi). Currently I drew Boomerang, Madcap and Vanquish stickers. The next ones will be Dyna Storm and then probably Egress.

Max

Cool, No i didn't know. then things will be top notch :) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Cool, No i didn't know. then things will be top notch :) 

Have a look at these two Vanquish. Look at the side Vanquish lettering: the white one is the old one, the orange one is drawn by me recently. Probably this is the first person that get the new drawing decals. You will also find the number 5 on the new Vanquish decals, made by me.

Max

EDIT: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=130689&id=30778

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thommo said:

I emailed him recently about redesigning the Super Astute decals.  Any news on those ?

Super Astute is not yet drawn at the moment.
I have drawn Vanquish, Boomerang and Madcap, I'm going to make the Dyna Storm, Super Astute could be the next ones. I need time to do this because I'm very busy as usual. Please be patient.

Max

4 hours ago, kontemax said:

Super Astute is not yet drawn at the moment.
I have drawn Vanquish, Boomerang and Madcap, I'm going to make the Dyna Storm, Super Astute could be the next ones. I need time to do this because I'm very busy as usual. Please be patient.

Max

That's great news.  Thank you and I look forward to seeing your work.  

11 hours ago, kontemax said:

Have a look at these two Vanquish. Look at the side Vanquish lettering: the white one is the old one, the orange one is drawn by me recently. Probably this is the first person that get the new drawing decals. You will also find the number 5 on the new Vanquish decals, made by me.

Max

Why I can't see a picture? 

Is that only a bad picture at mci of the EGRESS Decals or is the TAMIYA writing missing on the side sticker?

N0Y0NjMwQTE3MTdERDQ1OTk5NUQ6NDRjNDEyZWY2N2FhNzY4YmUzZTc3MDRkZjYxMDE1NWQ6Ojo6OjA=.gif