sabreuk1

darth vaders tie fighter

This one is a scratch build. Its the TESB chicken walker. This one was created with a group of guys, all working in the same direction, to build an accurate stop motion replica. The model is built upon a machined alloy stop motion armature, and uses full original donors parts, the head was built from styrene sheet, and is pretty spot on to the real prop as, when the actual donors ILM used are in hand, its very easy to build these things close to original dimensions!

lee

SAM_0591_zps76c8bcd6.jpg

SAM_0587_zpsf892cdb3.jpg

SAM_0593_zps4cdc3368.jpg

SAM_0585_zps8e9c5bb5.jpg

ws_aw.jpg

Sabre, congrats man, 3rd place is nothing to be sniffed at, keep on glueing my good man!

Bests..... Lee

Thanks ralphee appreciate it bud. Im still a little in shock i actualy placed though :) ive got an update for voyager on the way which is so darn close to being finished so im chuffed with that also

Wow, thats all I can say....oh, i bet lots of people like to come over to your house. What time is good for me to drop by...i'll bring over some beer.;-)

This thread is making me realise just how much I suck at model building, and just how good you guys are! I'm happy if I can fashion a suitcase from styrene, this is another level!

Well done on the third place, sadly I haven't seen the others as that link you posted only takes me to a 'sign in' page, but they must have been good to place above yours Sabre...

Thanks lupo ill copy the pics of first and second and post em for you to look at and yes i think there well better than mine.

On your building though just keep at it buddy and try different methods n thecniques until your happy with the outcome.

Lupo it's well worth registering on that site if you're interested in this stuff as there are some very talented peeps over there.

Steve ia corect some big names in the sci fi model scene are also involved who help out give tips and ideas etc and everyone is uber friendly and always willing to help

heres 1st the dart vader i am your father build all scratch built diorama and the original dv kit that has been modified to fit the scene:

DSC03822_zps0bb7ff271.jpg

DSC03807_zps7fc5663f1.jpg

heres 2nd the ride of his life scratch built ewok with cistom base with lighting and sound

1551698_10202870096811661_1500791419_n1.

1620522_10202870094051592_727358879_n1.j

and here is 4th a studio scale x wing

X-Wing141-1.jpg

X-Wing251-1.jpg

Those are rather awesome pieces of work, love the Vader one with the cut off pipes where the sabre has just gone through. And the one of Wicket is hilarious, I think there should be extra points for not only the execution of these models but also coming up with the ideas in the first place. Especially the third place competitor but I could be biased ;)

lol cheers wood remember though this was done in 2 weeks so it was an epic build :)

but if you have a look at the build threads on the forum shows some of the ingenuity used to complete the models :)

but I like your biased woody lol :)