netsmithUK

The Tamiya101.com voting is now closed.

Hi guys,

Between myself and Steve at Tamiya101.com, we decided to call time on this feature. Their site will continue to run as normal but you will no longer be able to submit pictures via our site. We are both fine with this and there is no problem between us at all and I much look forward to working with them again in the future.

Here is a statement from Steve

Due to a decline in popularity and the blurred definition of what could be
called truly "vintage" it has been decided that the monthly photo
competition on Tamiya101.com will no longer exist. Thanks to everyone for
their support over the years.

Too bad. Does this mean the TC community photos on the right column of the Tamiya101 website will be ceased, too? If yes, that's sad, since I know the staff are TC members, too. I've once purchased some of the T101 DVDs, apart from 'Bare Bones' which was out of print. They contain awesome Tamiya R/C live action and good music. Besides, Professor Skid is cracking good and always very helpful - they say he invented Nutella and used to eat 7.2V NiCd batteries on breakfast. :)

Thats really a question for Steve. From TCs side the option for 't101ing it' and reference to 'nominating' and 'competition' will be removed.

Chris

I really hope that my Lancia running modern gear was not the embodiment of the blurred 'vintage' definition... I apologize in advance, but am glad to see the regular 101 site will still be running.

:( Sorry to hear Steve and Mark. Still love the site and what you guys have done for vintage Tamiya, keeping it alive and the love and nostalgia still brewing fresh!

Will you still be producing videos and will the dvd's still be available?

Hmmm. All I know about that site is someone submitted one of my cars to their monthly photo contest. My car was selected as the winner of the "prize", but alas, there was NO prize. Typical sham.....

Don't think there is any reason to call it a "Sham" - Steve has never been anything other than an upright and honest member of the club. If you have had problems, then either contact him direct or via the club and I'm sure he will resolve it.

Hmmm. All I know about that site is someone submitted one of my cars to their monthly photo contest. My car was selected as the winner of the "prize", but alas, there was NO prize. Typical sham.....

But honestly, what did you have to lose by not receiving anything?

I did contact him after I had been informed by another TC member. No reply to my emails....... As to the question of what did I have to lose? Nothing. But my car is still posted on their site as a monthly winner, and truth be told, the photo was taken from my TC showroom without my knowledge or consent. Just saying, that site does not honor what they say they stand for.