Rich h

De- solv it

Hi, I have a vintage hilux shell to strip, can anyone tell how long I can leave it in de-solv it graffite remover for before it damages it

It really depends on what the original paint was. I've had de-solv it take off paint in seconds and then have little effect on other shells. Unless you know the paint you just have to try and see.

DeSolvit works very quickly, I usually apply, leave 10 mins, apply some more working it in with a toothbrush, leave another 10 mins then scrubs with a toothbrush again then rinse under running water (outside ideally). Then assess where you're at and go again. Rinse and repeat as many times as req'd but it shouldn't take too long even if faced with several layers of 30 year old paint.

Thanks for the fast replies guys, I have a go at it after about 30 mins the paint turns to like tar then I can wipe some of it off but it's hard

Can I leave it to soak over night without it damaging the shell

I left a Clod hard body in it for a few days (oven cleaning plastic sealed bag) - it needed the time to get through the auto paint.

I wouldn't leave it that long without regular inspection though.

Overnight might compromise the shell as it's strong stuff, you're better off to do it it one sitting but rather than just letting it soak in, keep putting more on every 10 mins and scrubbing it with a toothbrush, you'll soon get it off that way.