mdivuolo

Blue Rear Shocks, Modern, for Rere Hornet?

Hi all, very new poster from the States here.

I recently put together a Hornet, had a lot of fun in stock form running around the backyard, and am now adding hop ups to it.

So far I've added the following:

Blue Aluminum Steering Knuckles (stella models!)

Ball bearing set from CRP

Vintage Parma Anti Roll kit

Tamiya 27T Dirt Tuned Motor

I ran it for about half an hour this week, it's winter here so I get very little daylight to run it around outside. It runs great!

On the way I have Polished Aluminum Nerf Bars and a set of Vintage Trinity Blue Aluminum Front Shocks coming. I'll add those once they arrive later this week.

I'm wondering if any of you know of a set of modern oil-filled blue shocks for the rear that would work that I can order. Would love to get the Vintage ones like the fronts but I would be happy to just have a set that matches color...I guess I could always paint the stock shocks but...boooooo :)

I looked on stella models and I saw a set for DT-02 but I'm not sure if these would work. The Steering Knuckles are from the F103 car, so maybe one of you know something that would work.

Thank you for any and all advice! :)

Stay warm!

Mike

PS I'll post pictures once completed...

Conrad electronic sells old Carson and GPM alloy shocks under the REELY brand. They are available in a wide range of anodised colours. But beware, the mounting pieces on these shocks are awful, the oil is too thick and the springs are much too stiff for anything useful other than a 5 kg car. Changing the springs isn't easy due to being a proprietary diameter. So I strongly do not recommend these shocks for a car that will be run.