Real Wild One

TXT-2 Hop Up Shocks onto TLT-1?

Hi

Does anyone know if the new 54472 Hop Up Shocks for the TXT-2 Agrios will fit onto a TLT-1 Rock Buster Chassis? (They're pictured below)

I've measured the TLT-1 standard shocks from the centre of the mounting holes top and bottom and they are 9.3mm in length.

I'm using a TLT-1 chassis as a donor for a project, and the shocks are pretty, but also pretty terrible, so if I can get these new 54472 units to fit, then I might splash the cash and upgrade them as well.

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

post-26229-0-89693200-1390435874_thumb.j

More info on your build is needed I think.

A stock tlt-1 will not be able to accommodate those shocks I think. The stock ones are much less in diameter than the hop ups and need to be from what I remember.

I sold my TLT-1 years ago though, so I could be wrong, just going by a shoddy memory.

Are you going to use the chassis or just the axles? I would mock up your chassis and then see what length damper you'll need. Those look pricy and there's nothing worse that dropping some cash on parts that won't work

Even though I have a TLT in stock form I've thought it odd that tamiya even made the vehicle. I think they were embarrassed to sell just the axles so they cobbled together a vehicle from the parts bin. When they were popular, you could buy everything but the axles on eBay for pennies on the dollar

Hi guys

Thanks for the response.

I am using the TLT-1 as a donor vehicle. I am actually going to be running the Punguin R2300 Carbon Fibre Chassis.

Maybe one other way to answer my query is to change the question slightly.

So....

Would Shocks from a TXT-1 fit on a TLT-1?

The hop up shocks I refer to in the pic above are for the TXT-1 and -2.

So if the standard shocks from either of those vehicles could be swapped onto a TLT-1, then I guess the hop ups would fit?

Well I've been going my homework on these.

What I really needed to know is whether the new Tamiya Hop Up shocks for the TXT-2 are 93mm in length? It appears that is a standard length for some trucks, but there are also shocks which are 103mm in length. I don't know what length these new Tamiya shocks are. If someone has a set and could measure their length fully extended then I'd be grateful.

Also, I think they are likely to be 19mm in spring width, which I reckon is too wide to fit onto the linkages of the TLT-1 without the springs rubbing against the chassis plates?

There is a member on here with an Agrios with hoped up Gmade shocks which are similar. I might drop him a pm.

These shocks are terrible. I bought them for my TXT-2 and replaced them with Traxxas T-Maxx shocks which are eons better. I'm gutted as the txt2 ones set me back over £100 compared to £20 for the T-Maxx ones. Sure they don't look as pretty, but boy do they perform better.

These shocks are terrible. I bought them for my TXT-2 and replaced them with Traxxas T-Maxx shocks which are eons better. I'm gutted as the txt2 ones set me back over £100 compared to £20 for the T-Maxx ones. Sure they don't look as pretty, but boy do they perform better.

I didn't want to post earlier on in the week as I had no personal experience but I remember reading several threads with the same less than favourable review.

I'd look at Gmade piggybacks if you really want to spend that sort of money, very impressed with their 95mm units

I didn't want to post earlier on in the week as I had no personal experience but I remember reading several threads with the same less than favourable review.

I'd look at Gmade piggybacks if you really want to spend that sort of money, very impressed with their 95mm units

Glad it's not just me. When they're on, boy does the truck look scale, it's beautiful, but the second they're compressed, they basically don't spring back up...at all. They're possibly the worst shocks I've ever come across. badword even a set of non oil dampened clod buster shocks do a better job than these.

I fell in love with Traxxas's stock shocks after buying a Stampede and being bowled over with the blisteringly good performance. So, so cheap too, almost criminally cheap!

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys.

I've looked at the Gmade shocks and they look pretty smart so I might go down that road. Due to work suddenly ramping up I can't even begin this build just yet but at least it allows me time to decide what I'm going to use.

I will take a look at the Axial scx10 shocks. See if they might be what I'm after.

Hey buddy what you need is a set of Traxxas Big Bore Shocks they are four inches (eyelet to eyelet) (or 100 cm) they even come ready filled with oil.

Biggist bonus is they are non blingy B).

Head to Crawford Performance Engineering website they sell a set of four for $19.99 plus $5.50 postage. Yes that is £15.54 postage included :lol::).

Have done two biggish orders with them so far and very happy. Obviously if you can get a set from a UK seller even better.

Performance is better than stock txt-1 oil filled shocks and the blingy "upgrade" aluminium ones I know that from personal experience. Oh and they come with attachment grommets that actually function!

Hey buddy what you need is a set of Traxxas Big Bore Shocks they are four inches (eyelet to eyelet) (or 100 cm) they even come ready filled with oil.

Biggist bonus is they are non blingy B).

Head to Crawford Performance Engineering website they sell a set of four for $19.99 plus $5.50 postage. Yes that is £15.54 postage included :lol::).

Have done two biggish orders with them so far and very happy. Obviously if you can get a set from a UK seller even better.

Performance is better than stock txt-1 oil filled shocks and the blingy "upgrade" aluminium ones I know that from personal experience. Oh and they come with attachment grommets that actually function!

I swear by these, SUCH good shocks and even though they are just plain old grey plastic, I kinda love'm bizarrely.

• Like 1

Glad I read this thread as I was thinking of ordering 2 sets of those shocks, **** you tamiya for making something that looks lovely but does not preform. Oh well looks like i will have to look at the Gmade shocks.

Chris