zomboided

What To Do With A WR02 Chassis?

Bought a WW2 kit so I could get all of the bits I needed for my Barbie Jeep Losi MRC build. I was gonna then get another jeep body/set of parts, but I'm wondering what else I could do with the chassis. I know I could get a VW bus shell, but I'm just not that into them. I like the Farm King, but I don't think the body is available separately.

Anyone have any ideas or links to cool alternative WR02 chassis builds? Seen the Stumpscorcher, it's very very cool, but don't wanna copy that :-)

Farm King body sets are not available AFAIK, but, shells, decals, drivers and exhausts are available separately.

That said, probably the coolest WR02-based build out there at the moment is JennyMo's StumpScorcher sand flea. If you don't want to copy it, maybe use it as inspiration? Maybe shorten a Kamtec Mini?

Oooooh, a WR02 chassis - love' em!

Send it to me, and I'll think of something!

If you are looking at alternative bodies - I have a brand new Samba bus body for sale (will put it in my trades shortly), I also have a very nicely detailed Mauri CJ-7 Jeep shell (ABS), than is a little longer than the WW2 - it's about a 185mm wheelbase as I recall - easy enough to modify though?

How about a Unimog body - haven't Tamiya just released that as a variant too?

Personally I'd go for a Lunchbox shell - and perhaps chop it into a pickup like Simples is doing...

Dang, I'm giving all my good ideas away!

Jx

There are some very good ideas being mentioned but if you want to do it in style then think outside the box, maybe something like a shortened new mini or beetle shell or even a tray back pumpkin for something really different.

I also have a very nicely detailed Mauri CJ-7 Jeep shell (ABS), than is a little longer than the WW2 - it's about a 185mm wheelbase as I recall - easy enough to modify though?

How about a Unimog body - haven't Tamiya just released that as a variant too?

That's right, the Marui CJ-7 body's wheelbase is 185mm, whereas the wheelbase of the Marui Lancru body is about 180mm although they share the same chassis. I've sourced one of each of these bodies with the intention of putting them on the WR-02 chassis, adapting the wheelbase by flipping the front suspension arms, Willy's Wheeler 2-style and do the small necessary adjustments to the wheelbase by putting spacers between the suspension arm halves. In other words, a pretty easy conversion.

As for the Unimog, the body has an approx. 242mm wheelbase, which is why the wheelie-version was released on the CW-01 chassis and not the WR-02. However, shortening the Unimog-body is pretty easy and an idea that preceded Tamiya's own version released in 2012 by roughly two years, finished in April 2010:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.426425677484374.1073741832.208099459316998&type=3

• Like 1

I would love to see Mini Moke wheeler. With all proper scale beach equipment on board ;):)

I remember hiring ones years ago in Crete, when on holiday there.

James

:)

I would love to see Mini Moke wheeler. With all proper scale beach equipment on board ;):)

I remember hiring ones years ago in Crete, when on holiday there.

James

:)

There exists a Moke-body for the M-chassis with 210mm wheelbase, so feasible. Don't remember who made/makes it though.

• Like 1

Like the idea of the moke with full on beach decor.

And this mini mog is lovely...

With regards to these and some of the other ideas, how easy is it to modify lexan shells? Seems like they'd be difficult to patch together without the aid of P38 and the smell of burnt plastic in the morning.

we use ShoeGoo to stick lexan pieces together. It's just a mechanical hold though, not welded.

• Like 1

With regards to these and some of the other ideas, how easy is it to modify lexan shells? Seems like they'd be difficult to patch together without the aid of P38 and the smell of burnt plastic in the morning.

As far as I remember, I have only shortened two lexan bodies, the Mad Mog you are referring to and a Tamiya Peugeot 306 where I shortened the wheelbase to 210mm to use it on an M03 equipped with TL01 suspension arms (M-short wheelbase + touring car width). In both cases pretty easy.

On the Unimog, the modifications needed go a little beyond what you see on the finished body, so if interested, feel free to drop me a PM. Anyway, when joining the two halves I wanted to avoid using screws or other means that would be visible, so the sub body parts are used to hold the halves together, combined with the thin type of double sided tape used for Tamiya sponge tires.

As for shortening other bodies, it's not too hard as long as the cross sections of the two halves you want to join after removing a portion between them are more or less identical, as is the case with for instance the Peugeot 306 and other bodies with "square" shapes.

Haha. Thats pretty cool. Not keen on the colour though. Would def have to be a colour like those on holidays..... yellow, red or orange. A willy figure insode with perhaps a wendy beside and their holiday goods in the back. :)

James

Has anyone ever tried popping a sand scorcher shell on one? I was thinking of trying it on the WR02 CB. Would be great if it was as simple as drilling the holes and dropping on to the supports.