backtomyroots

MFC-03 Announced "Euro Style"

All the goods from www.tamiyablog.com:

http://tamiyablog.com/

I'll sum it up though:

The popular Multi-Function Control (MFC) unit for R/C tractor trucks, which adds a whole extra layer of realism to driving, receives an update. This unit allows transmitter trim levers to be combined with stick control use, meaning you can enjoy lights, sounds and vibrations coordinated with actions while driving your R/C tractor truck model. This version of the MFC features engine sounds which were recorded from a real European truck’s L6 diesel engine for amazing realism.

• Features 33 different types of sound, including engine ignition and shutdown, horn, gear changes, brakes, air sound effects and so on. A 60mm-diameter full-range speaker in a resin case provides excellent quality.
  • Up to 21 actions can be controlled using a 4-channel transmitter. Tamiya Attack 2.4 GHZ Radio System 4-channel recommended for best compatibility.
  • Light operation and volume adjustment are also possible using the transmitter.
  • Includes white, red and yellow high brightness LEDs to duplicate truck HID lights with precision.
  • An ESC has been built in to the unit, enabling realistic running at very low speeds.
  • The MFC unit can be run in three modes: R/C mode with Multi-Function (lights and sounds) off; Multi mode, with R/C and multi-function on; Demo mode, which allows display of lights and sounds only.
  • Can be used for support leg operation when employing Item 56505 Motorized Support Legs.
  • Cannot be used together with Item 53909 TLU-01 or Item 53937 TLU-02 LED light units.
  • Requires separately sold 4ch transmitter with slide trims, 4ch receiver and 2 servos (3 if using Item 56505). Tamiya Attack 2.4 GHZ Radio System 4-channel recommended for best compatibility.
  • Like 2

So finally, 5 months after being announced, it's ready for the market. I can't recall Tamiya ever taking this long from announcing a product until actually releasing it, but considering that the Nuremberg fair starts the coming Wednesday, the timing seems reasonable. Anyway, good to see that at least a few improvements have been made when compared to the MFC-01. Especially the possibility of turning without using the turning lights is something I have missed on the MFC-01.

I have to say I'm underwhelmed. I do like how the turn signals are selectable rather that automatic. However there is no switchable sounds or a provision to plug in an external music source like the MFC02 for the high lift

Woops, in the monster truck section :)

Quite like the new sound, and being that it is still in the same case as the previous two units it means I can buy one and just swap out the MFC-01 in my MAN with this new MFC-03, set the endpoints and be away laughing!

Looking forward to it :D

I have to say I'm underwhelmed. I do like how the turn signals are selectable rather that automatic. However there is no switchable sounds or a provision to plug in an external music source like the MFC02 for the high lift

I agree. It's a very small step forward when considering that the MFC-01 has been on the market for more than a decade. And though I generally prefer to use original Tamiya hop-ups, I would be tempted to buy a more innovative aftermarket unit instead of the MFC-03 if I was about to build a euro-truck.

Woops, in the monster truck section :)

Yep, in my haste I posted in the wrong thread, should be Big Rigs.

I was hoping for a newer updated version , maybe a bit more "digital".

I just hope the instructions have been improved - I've still no idea how to use my MFC-01 or MFC-02 :o.

I think this is great news! I'm glad the big T keeps investing/developing the 1/14 line, buuuuuuuut I would to see more support for the American style rigs or even an Australian offering.

Nice to have, accompanying my next tractor truck purchase, whenever that is. Most probably not the Cascadia, although it sure looks like the 1:1 truck on freightliner's site.