Sign in to follow this  
kontemax

Holiday buggy Star Dish Black wheels? Where?

I would like to buy some spare wheels from the Holiday Buggy red edition.

They are the well known Star Dish wheels in black.

I don't find any place where to buy them as a spare part.

Do you know some place where I can find them please?

Max

Seidel have them in stock

0440583 / 0440584

These are the Astral Dish wheels, where the black version was released with the Fighter Buggy SV, and not the Stardish wheels, where the black version is included in the HB2010 Red version and Super Fighter GR Violet Racer.

Tamico have the front wheels in stock though whereas the rears are sold out:

http://www.tamico.de/Tamiya-Reifen-Felgen-vorn-schwarz-2-Stk-DT-01-DT-02-9400231b

http://www.tamico.de/Tamiya-Reifen-Felgen-hinten-schwarz-2-Stk-DT-01-DT-02-9400239b

The Stardish wheels can easily be dyed black though, even if that might be considered cheating. I did it on my "Rookie Rabbit 2" long before Tamiya released the black wheels:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31/1486079_10151850410602407_1541921187_o.jpg

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought today from either Seidel and Tamico and didn't find them!

I searched for them but I didn't find them, maybe a wrong search key.

Ok, thank you everybody.

Max

The Stardish wheels can easily be dyed black though, even if that might be considered cheating. I did it on my "Rookie Rabbit 2" long before Tamiya released the black wheels:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31/1486079_10151850410602407_1541921187_o.jpg

I once found such a DT-02 Rookie Rabbit-lookalike in the customized-builds-section on Tamiyablog.com. Unfortunately, the post showing the photos isn't available anymore. Could this have been your car?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought today from either Seidel and Tamico and didn't find them!

I searched for them but I didn't find them, maybe a wrong search key.

Ok, thank you everybody.

Max

Well, the black Stardish wheels are officially not available as a spare part and just included in the HB2010 Red and Super Fighter Violet, and Seidel has never stocked any of them and thus doesn't have any of the "Red"- and "Violet"-specific parts in stock either. Tamico obviously has split kits as also indicated by the fact that they offer the red HB2010 body, which is officially also not available as a spare part.

Also, as you surely noticed, as Tamiya hasn't announced item numbers for the black Stardish wheels, Tamico has given them their own item number by adding a "b" (for black, obviously) to the part number of the regular yellow wheels, so not that easy to search for. As the rears are sold out, you wouldn't have been able to order them now anyway, so no loss! :) That is, unless you were prepared to compromise and order the black Astral wheels instead.

Sourcing the "special colour" Tamiya parts which aren't offered with official item numbers generally takes a little more effort and patience than the regular parts, but though I'm a sucker for "special colour" parts and want them all, I've always found them in the end so far. So don't worry! :D

I once found such a DT-02 Rookie Rabbit-lookalike in the customized-builds-section on Tamiyablog.com. Unfortunately, the post showing the photos isn't available anymore. Could this have been your car?

Yes, I built it when I was still a contributor at Tamiyablog, but after I decided to leave, most (or all?) of my entries have been deleted. Not something I asked for, but it's perfectly fine with me. I Still have the Rookie Rabbit and "Rookie Rabbit 2" though, which is what matters to me.

Yes, I built it when I was still a contributor at Tamiyablog, but after I decided to leave, most (or all?) of my entries have been deleted. Not something I asked for, but it's perfectly fine with me. I Still have the Rookie Rabbit and "Rookie Rabbit 2" though, which is what matters to me.

Oh, that's too bad. It would have been nice if your posts would still remain on Tamiyablog.com. There was so much good content I read on there that is now sadly missing. I wonder if there might be a way to bring these posts back on the blog? And if there's no chance for that, would you be willing to repost them on the Tamiyaclub forums or on the TC showrooms?

Oh, that's too bad. It would have been nice if your posts would still remain on Tamiyablog.com. There was so much good content I read on there that is now sadly missing. I wonder if there might be a way to bring these posts back on the blog? And if there's no chance for that, would you be willing to repost them on the Tamiyaclub forums or on the TC showrooms?

I don't know for sure why they disappeared, but I reckon it was a deliberate action as only my articles seem to be affected, so reviving them is probably not an option, and certainly not something I would care to achieve.

I still have the pics though and have already (re-)posted some of them on my own page and will post more them and new articles in the time to come: http://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku

I'm not a big fan of Facebook and thus not registered there. If you put them on TC, we all would be able to write nice comments. :)

I'm not a big fan of Facebook and thus not registered there. If you put them on TC, we all would be able to write nice comments. :)

To be honest, I'm not particularly fond of Facebook myself, but chose it as a simple way for setting up a kind of blog without putting any effort into IT. The primary goal is to present information about future Tamiya releases, and as such, Facebook has the features I want. Being an open profile, it's also available to anyone without a Facebook-account, but as you indirectly point out, they can't leave comments.

Well, many thanks for the informations.

Will do another order to Tamico for the black wheels.

Rit Dye is not available in Italy so, at the moment, will try to buy the black wheels.

Another info please: somebody knows if vintage white Hot Shot/Boomerang wheels can be dyed please?

Many thanks

Max

Rit Dye is not available in Italy so, at the moment, will try to buy the black wheels.

Another info please: somebody knows if vintage white Hot Shot/Boomerang wheels can be dyed please?

Many thanks

Max

Dylon seems to be available in Italy though:

http://www.dylon.it/index.html

As I understand very little Italian, I couldn't figure out whether their dyes are imported though. Anyway, Dylon is the brand I use for dyeing plastics along with Tamiya's own dyes. So far I haven't been able to find any other brand that offers pink, yellow and blue dyes with colours as vibrant as the Tamiya dyes, but unfortunately, they are getting scarce.

Anyway, for other colours, Dylon is very good, but you would need to buy the small capsules intended for dyeing nylon fabrics and not the cardboard boxes with dye for cotton or similar. Also, Dylon capsules are available in "cold" and "hot" versions, and I have never been successful in dyeing plastics with the "cold" dyes. I'm not claiming it can't be done, but I do know that I personally have had much better results with the "hot" dyes.

Still, if you're a purist, I reckon you want the Tamiya originals molded in black anyway! I love the possibility of dyeing parts and prefer that a lot over painting parts, especially if the parts have a mechanical function or a subject to scuffing or chafing, but dyeing parts is still only a compromise compared to getting the same parts molded in the wanted colour.

As for the Hotshot/Boomerang wheels, I have tried to dye them in Tamiya blue dye and Dylon black and neither of them worked for me.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Many thanks for the infos anyway.

Max

As for the Hotshot/Boomerang wheels, I have tried to dye them in Tamiya blue dye and Dylon black and neither of them worked for me.

Unlike many of the "special colour" Tamiya parts, the black Stardish wheels do have official Tamiya item numbers after all! :-) So, if you still haven't found any taken from Red HB2010 or Violet Racer kits, you should be able to order them. Probably not possible through the Italian distributor (or any EU distributor for that sake), but I've never had any problems ordering "untypical" parts from for instance RC Champ.

Part numbers:

10448047 Front Stardish Wheel (Black) (2 Pcs.)

10448048 Rear Stardish Wheels (Black) (2 Pcs.)

• Like 1

Max if you get stuck Antony at Tony'sTamiya will be able to get them for you on spacial order . If he won't post to Italy just let me know .

Hi, many thanks to all for the infos. I will check from Tony Tamiya parts.

I hope he will ship to Italy.

Max

Hi, many thanks to all for the infos. I will check from Tony Tamiya parts.

I hope he will ship to Italy.

Max

Antony is a great guy - if anyone can help it will be him .