Sign in to follow this  
ReaperGN

Need some info about some mid 90's electronics

A friend gave me some vintage electronics and I would like some info about them.

What turn and wind are these?

1. Trinity Speed Works Blue Print Series Racing motor, silver can with purple label.

2. Trinity Slot Machine. (I think its a 27t but would like some verification)

3. B & R Signature Series Motor. Pink can epic end bell but not sure if its made by Trinity.

What is the motor limit on this?

4. Novak 410-M5 esc.

Last is a Ko-ProPo servo model number PS-303 FET. Its my understanding that this servo needs extra power from the esc to work. Luckily the esc has the required lead. What I need to know about this is the speed/torque and if possible a part number for replacement gears. The output is a little beat up but should still hold a horn. If possible I would like to track down a replacement.

Any info you have about these parts would be appreciated.

Thanks. That helps with the esc.

And as far as I can tell the Speed Works is a 18x2 but I cant find any mention of the B&R. There are other motors made by them but none with a pink can that I have been able to find.

As to the servo I found someone else that has/had one but I cant find and spec listings for the number. I can find a 301 and a 401 but no 303.

your servo has the external FET booster box?

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=17354

imho KO servos of that generation often used the same gears for that style of casing

(figure8 bump on squaremesh pattern background), the only difference available

were either bushings (usually servo would have green or blue "H" label) or

bearings (gold "Z" label)... used to scavenge basemodels for gears to fix faster cousins.

the sparepart label writes what its for, but often they'll fit other models too

Yes it has the booster box. Not as nice as the one in that thread but all there. I have not tried to fire it up but if its anything like old futaba's it should still work.

just be wary of that period's red/black/blue wiring... opposite to current KO, Futaba-J or JR etc...

• Like 1

just be wary of that period's red/black/blue wiring... opposite to current KO, Futaba-J or JR etc...

That is good to know. Is it simply backward or do I need to swap some things around?

You may find some information on your motors here..

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=18586

Thanks for the link. That is a very good motor guide. Sadly it does not mention the B & R or Speed Works that I have. The Speed Works seems to be the oldest due to the incredibly small wire tabs. And the B & R is a sealed can with stock printed on it so its probably a 27x1. But with the little bit I have ran it, it seems to still have some good power. Just wish I could find a picture of it. And based on that thread the Epic end bell may not be stock or someone put the sticker on another motor.