Mokei Kagaku

More new Tamiya items from the 2014 Nuremberg Toyfair.

For you American folks, these are starting to go pre-sale at Tower... I was lightly intruiged by the Tumbling Bull and the new FJ40 Cruiser until I saw the prices. $270 for the Cruiser, $218 for the Tumbling Bull. For a model that is a novelty, that is a little on the pricey side.

Think you can take approx 30% off those prices when they go on sale. (I hope) :)

30% off would take it down to around $190 to $152. Does that sound right? WW2 is ~$82, VW Type 2 is ~$100 and the Farm King is ~$88 at Banzai. However, at Tower the WW2 is $173, and the Farm King is $133. The FJ40 is a new beast all together so I don't know where that should sit but the Tumbling Bull should be around about the same as the Farm King, perhaps ever so slightly higher since it is new. 30% off MRRP is spot on for places like Tower but not Banzai. Let's hope Banzai sells these at their usual heavily reduced prices :rolleyes:

That Stadium Blitzer shell on the CR-01 a few pages back looks anything but official. Unless they ran the crap out of it before taking pics, the bumper is all scratched up and the beadlock rings are scratched. If it is happening, those aren't the shots Tamiya would release lol

Tumbling Bull: Tower=$175 - $25 (member coupon) = $150 shipped. Banzai doesn't have it listed yet.

Farm King: Tower=$133 - $15 (member coupon) = $118 shipped. Banzai=$88 + $53 shipping* = $141 shipped. Tower wins.

WW2: Tower=$173 - $25 (member coupon) = $148 shipped. Banzai=$82 + $67 shipping* = $149 shipped. It's a wash.

* shipping is to my house in the states. Your shipping amount might differ. Add kit to cart and go through checkout to see your shipping cost.

Shipping usually kills any deal for me when it comes to these HK sellers. Tower almost always gets my kit business due to member coupons and free shipping.

Tumbling Bull: Tower=$175 - $25 (member coupon) = $150 shipped. Banzai doesn't have it listed yet.

Farm King: Tower=$133 - $15 (member coupon) = $118 shipped. Banzai=$88 + $53 shipping* = $141 shipped. Tower wins.

WW2: Tower=$173 - $25 (member coupon) = $148 shipped. Banzai=$82 + $67 shipping* = $149 shipped. It's a wash.

* shipping is to my house in the states. Your shipping amount might differ. Add kit to cart and go through checkout to see your shipping cost.

Shipping usually kills any deal for me when it comes to these HK sellers. Tower almost always gets my kit business due to member coupons and free shipping.

Tower does not win ! If you live in another country :P . You still have postage . Yer if your in the US it's fine .
  • Like 1

Tower does not win ! If you live in another country :P . You still have postage . Yer if your in the US it's fine .

I thought you Aussies got incredible deals from Tower, even better than we do in the States? I know coupons used to be a lot bigger. Is that no longer the case?

I thought you Aussies got incredible deals from Tower, even better than we do in the States? I know coupons used to be a lot bigger. Is that no longer the case?

They have dropped the price on the coupons sadly .

New video: Tamiya R/C car round trip on Nuremberg toy fair 2014

• Like 5

Dear Lord, there is so much want in that video. :wub:

if the pope knew of such pron he'd excommunicate it as ultimate sin for sure :P

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a job building these models for show display and catalog photographs?

I'm liking that Cascadia. And oddly enough, I'm getting drawn to that Tumbling Bull with the streamline style. The TRF503 should be killer. So many of those shells are screaming for LED buckets to make them more realistic.

Neo fighter buggy looks like a cross between a frog and an ultima. Retro, but new at the same time. I like it, but probably not enough to buy one. :)

Tumbling bull shell would have been better on the GF-01 chassis with 4 monster beetle tyres to produce a 4wd tractor ... ?? MIght actually try this myself.

I hate this hobby. Why does Tamiya keep making stuff I want. I mean, isnt it enough that they go and dredge up the past, do re-re's, force me to buy loads of them and then go and make new cars that I want as well. PLEASE STOP IT Mr Tamiya.

friction shocks as expected at the suggested RRP

I think it's too early to conclude. A sign in front of the model at the Nuremberg fair stated that CVA's are included and the German distributor's description also states so. Also, both at the fair and from the German distributor it has been confirmed in written that the Torque Tuned is included, though possibly just in the first batch. The pictures with friction shocks and silvercan are from the Japanese version of the Tamiya website and could very well be of a "Japan" spec model (ref. for instance the Zahhak, that exists in Japan and export spec versions), and are imho no proof that an export version must necessarily have a different spec than stated by Tamiya Japan at the fair and by the German distributor.

What's pretty clear though is that the XB version will get friction shocks regardless of market.

(Admittedly, I trust Tamiya Japan a lot more than I trust any Tamiya distributor as they aren't exactly known for their dedication to providing correct information.)

This following video shows the rest of the product line from the German distributor Dickie-Tamiya. Seen are mainly Carson R/C models and toy R/Cs. Two interesting points:

- Ansmann R/C cars are now sold under the Carson brand. However, Team C models (e.g. Mad Rat) aren't included, as they are distributed by Absima since 2012 as "Team C Jekyll". Ansmann themselves had closed down their remaining R/C division in late 2013.

- Traxxas is now distributed by Dickie-Tamiya. The former German Traxxas distributor was Multiplex. Kind of funny, huh? :)

The next time you think "man, that Tamiya ____ (input R/C car name here) is so ugly", think twice and have a look at the Carson/Ansmann Virus.

I loved the pre Team C (mad rat) Ansmann cars... I've got 3 Master Blasters, ran them as club cars for visitors and they are amazing buggies. I'd love to see more of that from Ansmann. Great cars, fun kits.

K

• Like 1

Now this is encouraging, the GF-01 Land Crusier is up on pre-order over at Fusion for £135 and with the full member discount of 10%, that makes it £121.50!

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/58589-tamiya-toyota-land-cruiser-40-pick-up-gf01

That's a pretty tidy price IMO. Very tempted to pre-order this for the supposed early April release date. Should be **** good fun!

I saw that too, I'm very tempted. Only trouble is, two of my kids have birthdays between now and beginning of April - some creative accounting may be necessary!!

I'm lost.

I want the Porsche Carrera RSR body but thought I would need a TT02 to acheive the wheelbase.

Tamiya item nr. 57874 uses the same body but is the 'White version' the iconic road car - this is however on a TT01E?!

I have an old TT01, can I get it down to the correct wheelbase?!

Unfortunately 57874 doesn't appear on the Tamiya Japan website, only Tamiya USA which does state TT01E...

Right, browsing the TT01E manual shows that flipping the direction of parts B4 & B14 will shorten the wheelbase.

Does anyone know if similar can be achieved with my old TT01D?!