viperchief

Super Champ resto

Very nice Rich, you finished up with the second chassis or needing parts??? I might have a few spare SC parts here, but I can't promise the moon. I just drained my oil bottle for shelf duty, I even peeled the label off it, rather it was already peeling off. Did you get enough vintage radio gear for both builds??? I think you should give me a shout with your wants list and I will see what I can scare up for you.

Thanks NWarty! Got a questions for you guys...I noticed a difference in the front uprights between the two buggies. Anyone know why the bottom mount pads are not the same? I assume the SC, Rough Rider and the Sand Scorcher used the same parts. Maybe one pair is re-re?

IMG_1418_zps982d15d0.jpg

IMG_1420_zpsf61e8fe2.jpg

Hi read this post the other night very interesting so I checked all my srbs they all have the upright with the cut out at the bottom both mk1 and mk2 versions so I got out my 2 super champs which I purchased both well before rere stuff was available they had both versions of uprights like yours so the are original the one on the left is the later version the right is early super and later srb so definitely not rere I suspect they changed to maybe make it stronger or maybe a new srb type car was in the pipe line that require this change and was scraped but the cast had been tooled so they keep it either way, are there any other changes you noticed is this a can of worms you have opened do we now have a mk1 and mk2 SC only time will tell hope this helps

Thanks Rob

Hi read this post the other night very interesting so I checked all my srbs they all have the upright with the cut out at the bottom both mk1 and mk2 versions so I got out my 2 super champs which I purchased both well before rere stuff was available they had both versions of uprights like yours so the are original the one on the left is the later version the right is early super and later srb so definitely not rere I suspect they changed to maybe make it stronger or maybe a new srb type car was in the pipe line that require this change and was scraped but the cast had been tooled so they keep it either way, are there any other changes you noticed is this a can of worms you have opened do we now have a mk1 and mk2 SC only time will tell hope this helps

Thanks Rob

Sorry how rude of me lovely job on the resto I hope mine look half as good

Cheers Rob

Great restoration on the body & buggy.. Everything looks great complete with decals too.. :-)

Beautiful Resto! I am jealous as I have been looking for a good Super Champ to restore for quite some time now. Nice job, I bet it looks even better in person!