Shaggy39

Hobby king refund procedure

Been chasing refunds on two purchases (both of which were never despatched) since 10th Jan and still no money. Emailing very couple of days and also tried live chat 3 times. They keep saying it's being processed but I have my doubts.

I raised disputes via PayPal and was then told by hk that they won't refund against disputes so I had to clear them.

Now being told that refunds were actioned on 28th jean and today was deadline for getting refunds paid (the quote 7 days).

All in all very painful and still £210 put of pocket and has made me question using them again.

Hobby King is a pretty well known company within the RC community. I doubt they are trying to do you wrong.

That being said, I have never tried to get a refund from them.

Their support procedure is shocking and I will not use them again.

....unless I'm desperate for LiPos.

• Like 1

its near on impossible to get a refund... I have given up many times... Their cars are rubbish.

• Like 1

Bunch of shysters! Just been on to Paypal....again! they have no record of any refund being processed! When I told them that HK had asked me to close disputes to enable them to refund me they were really angry and said they hear this a lot from sellers and it's simply a ploy to make sure that the monies are not held by paypal.

He said it's rubbish that a seller can't refund with a dispute open, they can!

He also said you can't normally re-open closed disputed but in this case he will given the circumstances. Watch this space

• Like 1

I have never ever ordered something at Hobbyking and by the looks of it, i never will :huh:

• Like 3

guess whats just appeared in my inbox......refund from HK. What a co-incidence that I receive this about 20 minutes after speaking to paypal....oh wait hand on, I don't believe in co-incidence.

I wouldn't let this totally steer you from buying from them. The have great deals on a lot of stuff and I think this is a rare case. Hobbyking makes it easy for new folks to make the leap to brushless to learn the benefit and not pay a fortune.. They have great deals on batteries, radios, lots of good stuff. I understand why the OP is frustrated and I am going through something similar with a US seller of Tamiya parts, but this stuff happens from time to time. They could improve on customer service it looks like though.

• Like 1

I hve had several issues but they have all been delt with perfectly. Refunds and missing items etc.

This has been with the UK warehouse mind.

I've had a couple of warranty type claims, which have always been processed, but only as reward points which ends up getting spent with them anyway

PayPal are your best friend in situations like this (as long as you're the buyer and it wasn't a gift payment). They seem to have this god like power when it comes to holding money and returning it to the buyer. I would never be bullied by a seller into closing a case as I know PayPal almost always side with the buyer.

• Like 1

can say had problems with global warehouse support took ages but UK warehouse support was great and fast

Never had an issue in my 20+ purchases, but you just have to be aware that it is Chinese quality and you get what you pay for.

ALWAYS use Paypal for your own piece of mind, it is only a couple of $ more.

Good to hear you got your money back ;)

I was looking at this uk warehouse stock seems well cheap for spektrum compatible receivers at around £10!! and lipos etc cheap.

If order stuff in UK ware house do they then add VAT on when you check out?

What are delivery times like from UK ware house?

OR should I hope else where?

If you're ordering from UK warehouse then the price you are is what you pay. Shipping is just like ordering from any other company. There's no risk of import duty either just to be clear.

I made an online order from the website,

For a couple of lipos,

went through basket,

went to payment with paypal,

then back to site and got error.

Paypal had payed HK, but because the site came up error,

HK had no record of the order.

Sent an email to the address supplied on the paypal website,

The address was dead as got an email not sent message.

Got Fed up so opened up a claim with paypal.

Paypal found in my favour and got a full refund.

Hk did note that refund was because of a website error

I ordered a brushless combo from HK recently - it said it was available from the UK warehouse. Waited 3 weeks then got a note from customs saying I owed them £15. Because I had it sent to my work address the post room guy paid it on the work account and now I'm in all kinds of trouble!! Next day it arrived - clearly from China. I've emailed HK about this and have had no reply. The total cost of the exercise is about what I would have paid from any of the usual UK suppliers so I'm not particularly out of pocket but I sure wont be using Hobby King again.......

Sounds like it could be interesting then! Might give it a go with a few lipos and charger and cheapo 2.4ghz receivers and see what happens and how long it takes lol!

You do have to be really careful when ordering multiple items and make sure that EVERY item is from the same warehouse as it's really easy to put say 2 UK items and 1 HK item in the same basket and not realise what you've done

You do have to be really careful when ordering multiple items and make sure that EVERY item is from the same warehouse as it's really easy to put say 2 UK items and 1 HK item in the same basket and not realise what you've done

Yea I was sure to be always searching with buttons at top for uk stock. So far my stuff is in the print que waiting to be packed. Interestingly the customs invoice/customer invoice still shows a HK address! not sure if they mean custom/s as in short for customer or this for the customs as its coming from HK lol!

They also stated they absorb the paypal fee to.

Got me stuff today from hobby king UK, lipo and charger plus a servo. Not looked at yet but thats good turn around ordered on Friday!

I feel Hobby King is hurting the hobby. When ever someone starts selling similar products at super low prices the established company's have to compete. Then while doing so their quality starts to circle the drain. Eventually it starts to hurt everyone. I am not saying run out and spend top dollar but buy from company's that actually advance things. Hobby King simply copies existing items. They do nothing to advance the technology.

I actually disagree about Hobbyking hurting the hobby. They sell slightly inferior products that perform decent allowing people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the hobby access to parts needed to get started. There is a lot of people that may see the sticker shock of a $200 kit, and realize if they want decent electronics, they can tag another $300+ in electronics just to get it running and walk away. I think most people that really get sunk into the hobby realize they want higher end stuff as they progress, but Hobbyking fills a niche in a good way IMO.

Even though I started this threads I kind of agree with jeepnmike. Aside from their poor refund service I think hobbyking are great for giving people a budget option for electronics.

People who want to upgrade their rtr or brushed models can buy basic but good kit from hk. Whether they progress with product development is not important in my view.

I am looking for motor/combo for my trf 801xt and choices are £230 toxin or £100 hk!