Sign in to follow this  
BLKNAV85

Porsche 959 Rothmans

Hi, thought I would finally post a picture of my Rothmans Rally Porsche. This is the ***** body shell i bought for my shelf. I have the original shell kit, however it's worth more in its box unpainted than on the actual car.post-40776-0-78606800-1392608406_thumb.j

Hi, thought I would finally post a picture of my Rothmans Rally Porsche. This is the ***** body shell i bought for my shelf. I have the original shell kit, however it's worth more in its box unpainted than on the actual car.attachicon.gifPorsche 959.jpg

Becareful what you say in here. Others may slam you for you are in this hobby for the money only. :lol: To me only a fool or those get their money from parents or rich relatives would not care that it cost them over $1000.00 to fix her up and now is only worth $200.00 tops. If true, I have some Enron stock or mortgage back securities they should be interested in.

Becareful what you say in here. Others may slam you for you are in this hobby for the money only. :lol: To me only a fool or those get their money from parents or rich relatives would not care that it cost them over $1000.00 to fix her up and now is only worth $200.00 tops. If true, I have some Enron stock or mortgage back securities they should be interested in.

hahahaha thanks for the tip! Nah not in it for the money, have been into Tamiya cars since I was a little fella. Have raced at a state level and ended up giving that away. I prefer collecting now funny enough! And if I happen to own something like a shell kit that is now worth more than I paid, then that's a bonus!

I've had 3 of the 959s and to be completely honest, I prefer the ***** body.

Yeah it doesn't look too bad. the only part I wasn't impressed with was the rear wing they supplied me, didn't fit all that great. but, it's good enough!

Yeah it doesn't look too bad. the only part I wasn't impressed with was the rear wing they supplied me, didn't fit all that great. but, it's good enough!

I love the ***** shells. Agree that the only week part is the ***** wing, but you can use the original wings which are not that expensive and seem easy to find.

I love the ***** shells. Agree that the only week part is the ***** wing, but you can use the original wings which are not that expensive and seem easy to find.

Yeah, i contemplated that, however i kind of spent a bit on the original light buckets. so i didn't buy an original wing.

Gorgeous example! I had one as a kid and would love to find a nice project to restore :wub: I see the 'coon underneath the box, another classic ;)