smitchos

SNETTERTON RC TRACK MEETS

Spent ages last night getting the Globeliner working again - its spent the last 18 months in bits (*blush*) - shame it will be the only one there - unless anyone else is bringing a semi-truck?

Are their still smashed leaky portacabins trackside? With no electric?

Was a total dive last time a went :(

THATS A BIG NO to that question!

The track is clean and in good order, and the portakabin and steel container (Race Control) don't leak! The current portakabin will be replaced by APRIL 2014 anyway, as I admit, its worn out!

The model shop have several 'national' race events booked this year already from the likes of the BRCA and Schumacher etc.

So if its good enough for them, its good enough for me!

Don't know of any other trucks going, but looking forward to seeing yours!

Thanks Simon - they are great fun with the MFU :)

• Like 1

Have a great day Peeps will be at working wishing i could have made it

Yeah me too

• Like 1

Had a great day at snetterton today, great track, loads of varied Rc's. Well worth the 5am start lol

Pictures and video coming soon.

• Like 3

Brilliant day out! Great track! Nice one Smitchos!

img30876_02032014094504_2.jpg

• Like 2

Very eclectic line up there, bet you all had a great day!

• Like 1

Very eclectic line up there, bet you all had a great day!

Electric rules!! We didn't go home with a head-ache or sticky feet!

A VERY SUCESSFUL DAY OUT - keep your eye out for details of the next visit!

Wish I could have attended but due to family commitments made weeks ago I was unable to change me plans - and belief me I tried . Dinner with my sister in law and her bore me to death husband is not my idea of a enjoyable day :(

• Like 1

The whole day and venue, and of course the people made it really fun, lots of cars and tumbles, Mainly by Mr Weston lol.

Pictures and video onroute.

Thanks again smithos for organising. Count me in for the next one.

The whole day and venue, and of course the people made it really fun, lots of cars and tumbles, Mainly by Mr Weston lol.

Pictures and video onroute.

Thanks again smithos for organising. Count me in for the next one.

I always seem to be the slowest and also the one crashing the most. I was chuckling to myself when you kept having to retrieve my cars. Can't believe I found that gap in the fence twice in 2 laps :D

• Like 3

The trial run on 1st March, 2014 was a huge sucess. 99% of people who came were fellow TC members. This is now THE thread for future and regular meets at this venue.

I clarify that its not an official TamiyaClub meet, its a private group meet where we exclusively hire the tarmac Tamiya Racing Circuit at 'The Worlds Greatest Model Shop', Snetterton Park Norfolk NR16 2JU.

It is NOT organised/proper racing, its fun use only.

As its private hire, you CANNOT just turn up on the day, you must be pre-booked via me. If you came to the previous meeting, just drop me an email to book your place. If you haven't been with us before, please drop me a pm including your email address so I can give full and further necessary details. Places are always very limited, so booking early is recommended.

The shop and surrounding facilities have been extensively REFURBISHED (which is still on-going!), so we now have better facilities. There have been GREAT IMPROVEMENTS since the last TC meets in 2009 & 2010!!

The track has some covered pits area with mains power supplies.

OUR meeting 'rules' for the day are - NO NITRO/PETROL/LARGE SCALE stuff. We run regular 1/10th and 1/12th scale stuff only (1/14th - 1/16th trucks and tanks too), and all electric ONLY. We only run road going vehicles - no space for planes or helicopters!

Throughout the day we will ensure there are a number of several minutes slots during the day for those with more delicate stuff like F1/RM-01, touring cars and motorbikes etc. etc. As its a smooth track, this a perfect opportunity to use cars that don't get used much, or ones that have been sat on the shelf!! BUT it doesn't matter if you only have off-roaders.

There is a cost of £6 per person (driver) for the day. Once confirmed by me, turn-up when you like between 9am and 5pm, but the cost remains the same. Spectators go free, its a shop and cafe afterall!

Tamiya Club, IconicRC, BRCA memberships, or any other membership for that matter, are NOT REQUIRED.

Sorry but I must repeat - you cannot just turn up on the day, you must be pre-booked via me.

THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE AS BELOW!!

Attached Thumbnails
  • snetterton rc circuit.jpg

post-28823-0-09724800-1393864210_thumb.j

post-28823-0-15501600-1393864268_thumb.j

• Like 5

Sorry guys, date of next meeting has yet to be confirmed by the track - it will be posted here in a few days.

• Like 1

NEXT MEET IS Saturday 7th June, 2014

Those who came before on 1st March, great, would love to see you again! Just say yay or nay on this forum. Anyone who didn't come before, and would like to join us, PLEASE DROP ME A PM INCLUDING YOUR NORMAL EMAIL ADDRESS for more details.

I ask for a quick answers please, as numbers will be limited!

Thanks, see you there, Simon

• Like 1