Sign in to follow this  
vrs55

different ales or vodkas

Have you tried the polish vodka with buffalo grass in it ? . Really smooth and unusual . Like all vodka its best to keep it in the deep freeze .

Hi no haven't tried will look it up thanks yes I usually keep in freezer then drink with water

• Like 1

you need to keep vodka or even most spirits in the freezer. Sambuca, cointreau or ouzo in the freezer is amazing especially if you are still trying to kid on you are young and doing shots.

as for the cars I have a few, dyna storm's being my favourite at the moment (I am waiting for number 5 to arrive) but I do like the highlifts and crawlers. I thing they are better suited to the Scottish conditions. even the local car parks are full of pot holes.

it also doesn't help that there are very few clubs in Scotland

• Like 1

I love my ales, but I hate Vodka with a passion.

I do love my Whisky though, my father in law works as a distillery engineer, so I get to try some quite rare and expensive whisky's for free :)....... also handy at xmas time when he gets his 50% discount :)

James

:)

• Like 1

Have you tried the polish vodka with buffalo grass in it ? . Really smooth and unusual . Like all vodka its best to keep it in the deep freeze .

I believe that one is called zubrowska or something similar its probably the best of a bad bunch. Vodka should be used for cleaning paintbrushes. Scotch single malts are where it is at. Cardhu or glengoyne for nice clean low peat flavour.

• Like 1

Well after thinking I would never like whisky I tried a malt my father had turns out I loved it so I have since tried a few others and can't believe i am saying this but I am enjoying them more than vodka the malts I have tried so far are speyburn,bunnahabhain,glen moray,laphroaig so could get an expensive hobby so far have just bought ones the have been on special offer

good man vrs55, next you will be voting yes in September.

stay away from the peaty whisky not nice.

Lol yes the laphroaig 10 year old was very peaty what others would you recommend

I have moved on from scotch whiskey, been drinking bourbon for a couple of years now. Jim Beam honey is going down a treat just now.
I personally blame the discovery channel for my change thanks to their moonshiners program. bringing out the red neck in me.

watch the last two minutes to see some of the stupidest red necks on the planet

as for the scotch try glenmorangie that is a good one, also chivas regal but they are blended whiskey's but still worth a try.

Thanks will give them a try have you seen ralfy videos on YouTube does some nice reviews born in orkney and still haven't tried highland park should be my next one to to try lol

Rare treat this weekend . Went up to Yorkshire to visit my family . A hand pulled pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord reserve Ale was followed by quite a few more lol . Good job my wife offered to drive us home .

highland park not had that in years, that was nice. I will need to give ralfy a look. some of the lesser knowns I haven't tried because I don't want to spend £20-30 on something that tastes like it came out a sheep's bottom.

• Like 2

For the price, Grants Sherry Cask edition is a very nice (non malt) Whiskey, usually on offer for around £14 a bottle. Knockando is really nice one too along with Balvenie Double Wood.

James

• Like 1

For the price, Grants Sherry Cask edition is a very nice (non malt) Whiskey, usually on offer for around £14 a bottle. Knockando is really nice one too along with Balvenie Double Wood.James :)

Will look out for them thanks

The Japanese stuff is meant to be spot on as well, never personally tried it. But been told it hits the mark by a guy in the work that got me into whiskey.

• Like 1

will have a look thanks been looking at some of the ones on the whisky exchange website

Masterofmalt.com is as good as it gets website wise for whiskey. You can search by whiskey type or price etc.

James

:

great thank you just having a look now looks like a massive selection :)

Yeah, the reviews are good too as its who ever visits the site gives reviews. Bit like amazon etc. Some are a crazy price, but there are plenty affordable ones to try around the £20 - £35 mark.

James.

:

• Like 1

yes the reviews are handy the most I have payed so far has been £35 I have tried to buy whats been on offer

• Like 1

Not a malt but just got a half bottle of jack Daniels honey to try

• Like 1

Should be nice. My Father in law is a Distillery engineer up in Dufftown and last year got a few samples of the new "Singleton of Dufftown" with Honey, Whisky. It was just something else, so warm and smooth, handy when it was 2 foot of snow and -16 outside :) lol.

James

• Like 1

I am a simple person, will accept any drink(s) from a good person, unless i have to drive. :) Any liquor that is serve the way it should is find with me ie...beer must be cold and Vodka from the freezer.

• Like 1