Sign in to follow this  
kiasukid

For those who wish to combine their love of Hello Kitty and Tamiya...

Call me crazy, but I think it's cute as I grew up with a love of old school Japanese stuff (Starblazers/Yamato, Robotech/Macross, Captain Harlock, Voltron, Battle of the Planets, Speed Racer). But I'm not saying this would be displayed next to my 1/500 Yamato or 1/48 VF-1J Veritech Fighter :P

ra5usa3e.jpg

• Like 1

Too bad it doesn't fit as a Willy driver figure :rolleyes:

True, but "Hello Willy" doesn't really fit their family-friendly image. ;)

• Like 2

What scale? :)

... or 1/48 VF-1J Veritech Fighter :P

Awww, Macross. Treated myself to some 1/100 Toynami transformable Valkyrie fighters found at comic conventions. This was the first one I bought:

Got the VF-1S Hikaru, VF-1S Roy, VF-1A Max, VF-1A standard. Some with Super/Strike parts as seen in the DYRL movie. Of course not as impressive as your bigger scale fighters, but still nice to look at and they were rather affordable to collect some years ago.

• Like 2

Sweet! I was able to pick up the Yamato Veritech a couple of years ago before the prices skyrocketed. The detail is incredible

My Bandai Yamato (Starblazers Argo) is one of the jewels in my collection. Fully painted and weathered. Absolutely stunning kit. It is the live action movie version.

What's up with that cute Super Deformed Avante and Hornet, are they remote control cars? :)

They sure are! Tomy/Takara made them several years ago. Full suspension too :)

• Like 1

Hello Kitty is huge in Asia. Kids to Adults like it. You can find shops that sells nothing but hello kitty...like the american equivient, charlie brown. I've seen cars done up to hello kitty theme, at first you'll say OK now i have seen everything, but once you start looking at the detailings, you'll see the owner really put a lot of thought into it and is not just hello kitty decal here and there. Just wish had a camera to capture the work.

I think Tamiya will attract new customers with the Hello Kitty theme and could be collectibles to HK fans later.

Hello Kitty?! OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG HOW IS THIS EVEN-

Cute, but actually not my thing (despite what the first all-caps sentence may suggest!).

I had a hasro transformer that was near as dam it identical to that when i was a child but cant remember its name, i remember one of the metal brackets braking though.

The Hasbro/MB Transformers Jetfire toy was a licensed Macross VF-1S Valkyrie/Robotech Veritech Fighter euipped w/ Super Parts.

If you want to see dozens of these vehicles in action against a huge alien armada, have a look at this video from the Macross DYRL movie:

That was 1984, folks! :)

Try as I might I will never understand Japanese Culture . No insult intended but to me their just weird .

Me too, I liked a few things from the UN Spacey era (Destroid Monster was my favourite) but that flying battleship always seemed a bit too wacky to my mind.

Try as I might I will never understand Japanese Culture . No insult intended but to me their just weird .

Lol Macross is kinda jumping in at the deep end there. TONS of history to slog through.

The Hasbro/MB Transformers Jetfire toy was a licensed Macross VF-1S Valkyrie/Robotech Veritech Fighter euipped w/ Super Parts.

If you want to see dozens of these vehicles in action against a huge alien armada, have a look at this video from the Macross DYRL movie:

That was 1984, folks! :)

Yep, the Transformer Jetfire was a licensed Bandai 1/55 VF-1 Veritech.

I had one too in 1985.

True, but "Hello Willy" doesn't really fit their family-friendly image. ;)

Well somebody did it anyway. :lol:

1111812_83e6_1024x2000.jpg

The Watanabe Hornet isn't so bad after all! :D

How about a set of Rilakkuma wheels for your 1:1 ride? Having picked up a set of the HPI bear wheels a few weeks back, I wouldn't mind a M-chassis version of these. :lol:

suzuki_lapin_rilakkuma.jpg

214811_1.jpg

you just got to live there for a while and soke up the culture. and who knows you may turn Japanese. :o) i think one of the best job in theworld is to be a diplomat where you get to station in a new country every few years and really get to see and experience another culture while getting paid. thats having your cake and eating it.