Sign in to follow this  
turbocharged s15(2)

? on Tamiya Carbon Wing (53470)

Hey. Have you guys seen the tamiya carbon wing. Does anybody have it? if so does it really look carbon fiber or is carbon the material of the wing.Does it look tight.The reason i ask is because my computer is old and the sreen is darker than usuall so i can't really see the close up detail and see the C/F details on it.I think it would have the carbon fiber look though. I just wanted to make sure.Thanks

If it is like the carbon fiber paint look on my friends F-201 body then I think you will be dissapointed.

Jim

It is printed carbon pattern like Tamiya's carbon shell.

(supposedly nitro fuel will spoil the ink, so not recommended for gas car)

I have one on the TRD Supra in my showroom, but I doubt you can see the detail. It is a lexan wing with the carbon fiber pattern, just like the print on the bodies of some of the newer TA04 cars, like the Altezza, Toyota MR-S, etc.

PS Sorry Willy, I didn't see your post for some reason[:I]

A real carbon-fibre wing on your body would be silly anyway, it'll get damaged on your first rollover. And if the wing don't get damaged, it'll rip your whole bootlid off instead. [xx(]

Real cars might use carbon-fibre panels for its strength and stiffness, they don't have to factor in rollovers. When that happens the car is cactus anyway!!