JennyMo

"Show me your Willy!" PHOTO THREAD - Wild Willy drivers and derivatives

Wow. Incredible paintwork here fellas. I can only wish to have the skill and patience shown here!

Wow. Well here is one sentence i genuinly thought i would never say in my life. !!

You all have fantastic willy's.

James

I said there were more...

WW2

DSCF2525.JPG

WW2

DSCF2526.jpg

WW2

DSCF2527.JPG

Wheeler

DSCF2531.JPG

Montero

DSCF2532.jpg

Jimny

DSCF2533.JPG

Clod hybrid

DSCF2544.JPG

DSCF2545.JPG

VW Type 2

DSCF2554.JPG

TLT

DSCF2562.JPG

DSCF2563.JPG

Painted and sold

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

p3.JPG

p4.JPG

p5.JPG

Pit crew

PC1.JPG

PC2.JPG

PC3.JPG

PC4.JPG

PC5.JPG

• Like 5

biggamehunter painted these torso sprues up for me yesterday - you are a true gentleman Shaun (and a better artist than me lol! )..

355F0A6A-26D7-4753-828E-B44B38E9AF3A_zps

• Like 5

Just a quick plug for Bigoggy's charity build thread (although I know he is busy with family stuff right at this moment)...

Here is my latest incarnation - 'Permatex Willy', that I painted up for Bigoggy's custom buggy build - and felt was particularly appropriate for a vehicle likely to be held together with all manner of glues and sealant etc!

P1000737_zpsdf78fcf2.jpg

P1000740_zps8b20e49e.jpg

I do like using pale blue as an overall/race suit colour - and having found a few retro style stickers in my stash, thought I would try to incorporate those as patches on the race-suit - particularly as I am not dexterous enough to actually hand-paint such fine details...

I think with some mild sanding and a dirty colour wash, they are very effective?

Because of the likely limited space inside the cockpit of the vehicle, I also attached the steering wheel directly to the driver figure to save having to mount that separately... Complete with a pair of ebay-bargain 1:6th scale goggles, I can't wait to see him behind the wheel of Bigoggy's 'Frankenrail'

Toot toot!

Jenny xx

• Like 3

Some excellent custom drivers here!

Funny thing my favorite custom ones have non-Tamiya heads :o

Dead Willy 1
This is my runner. Head for driver was a key chain bought from Disneyland

img34_26062004183907_1.jpg

Soooo much innuendo... can't take it... I'm going all Kenneth Williams... OooooH MATRON!

and I've finally decided what to do with my old TL based 4x4 WW2, it's getting a Vietnam War theme and I've been calling it The Mad Mutt

C6D038A9-BEEA-4CDC-9E93-665EAC200351_zps

I'm quite pleased with how I've given him a neck & shirt collar just by filing and adding a couple of plasticard strips
Nic

• Like 2

Just a thought, never going to happen, we all sent our Willy to Tamiya with prepaid return postage and box for our own Willy back, and Tamiya would display all the Willies received in their display case for a year or what ever. And the crowd or judges favour would get prize. ..Just a thought.

• Like 1

This is phenomenal work throughout this thread, quick question, would anyone be keen on painting my full Willy for my WW2 build? I'd obviously cover all expenses. It's just important IMO to have a good looking Willy driving these things, and I'm afraid my efforts wouldn't be up to scratch. Let me know if anyone is keen to help me out, Cheers

Could've done his eyes better, but this is the first time I've decorated my willy :lol:

20140225_172145_zpspahuwn0v.jpg

20140225_172022_zpsyndudtnw.jpg

• Like 2

Got another one to add to the collective, my SCX10 driver :)

Ha ha - love it!

Funny, I have a mini servo for just that job in my latest build too!

Jx

Thank you!

Here are a couple I did for a guy who's built a 'Punisher' themed Wraith

DSCF3736_zpsbea24399.jpg

DSCF3737_zps2bbbf5db.jpg

DSCF3740_zpsfcb86b1b.jpg

pit crew :)

DSCF3788_zps4a2e9277.jpg

DSCF3789_zps2febf3f5.jpg

DSCF3787_zpse250efc2.jpg

cheers,
Rob

• Like 6

Someone needs to model Willy without his helmet - i wonder just what he would look like ? He's like the STIG - a man of mystery lol

Someone needs to model  Willy without his helmet - i wonder just what he would look like ?  He's like the STIG - a man of mystery lol

Matt Hicks (Toymkr73) had a go at what he thought Willy looked like without his helmet. His custom heads are very cool.

• Like 1

Has there been a Willy painting competition on Tamiya Club? If not, shouldn't there be?

Dorvack.

Fabrizio would win hands down

• Like 1