simensays

Decal printing: white on clear vinyl. Anybody?

Anybody on here know where I can get some custom designed decals printed?
I really dont get why it is so incredible hard to find someone who can print WHITE on CLEAR vinyl in appropriate quality.

I am graphic designer, I have direct contact with sevefral local print shops, but none of them can do white print on clear vinyl. I have contacted businesses in the UK, the US and Austrailia - whom claim they can do it, but are reluctant to ship to Norway.

I have designed some custom decals for a variation of projects I'm working on, some vintage Tamiyas and some decals for my skydiving helmets etc.

Does anybody on here know of a service that can do small volume digital print, with white on clear vinyl suitable for decals/stickers?

Have you contacted Jeremy at ScreenPrintDigital to see if he can do it?

• Like 2

I started down this road when I did the Jaguar XJR9LM. I had the original graphics and found 2 printers that could do white. The thickness of the stock was a killer and the price was over 200 for a single printing with no guarantee it would look like the original. Needless to say I passed on the experience and did them myself. Just be careful how thick the stock is since on a 1:1 car the thicker the better. Stick with somebody that's done RC decals before

Where are you located? I went down this road as well..

Finally found a guy who charges fair prices. He is in the US. PM me for contact info

Have you contacted Jeremy at ScreenPrintDigital to see if he can do it?

+1 For Jeremy :)

• Like 1

Another +1 for Jeremy . Just drop him a e - mail with your requirements and he'll sort you out .

• Like 2

You can get printable water slide paper, clear and white and you can print any design you want on it in any home printer, most good model shops sell it or there are a few online shops that do it.

Another +1 for Jeremy . Just drop him a e - mail with your requirements and he'll sort you out .

As long as he gets my SHII ones done first :lol: :lol: :lol: fingers crossed...

And mine are overprint white on clear ;)

I contacted others and got nowhere, then I tried Freqeskinz and the service and product was first class.

Ask for Neal; Highly recomended! :)

Thanks for the input guys.

I had some custom decals printed by Panda/WillyChang several years ago, and they were very very good indeed. I would look no further, but I have already talked to him,but are to busy with other projects, so it's a no-go.

I will contact Jeremy/ScreenPrintDigital and see what he has to offer.

Yeah, thickness of the decals are very important,and I only want vinyl - no waterslide decals for my use.
Here are a but few of the ones I had printed up many years ago by PandaGPHX/WillyChang, and as mentioned they were perfect quality, still holding up great today in every aspect.

superlative_01.jpg
superlative_02.jpg

bruiser_03.jpg
bruiser_04.jpg

Some tiny surf decals for a scratch built surfboard I made
surf_01.jpg

• Like 2

I want to give a big shout out to fellow TC members who pointed me in the direction of Jeremy / www.screenprintdigital.com.
The custom decals I designed arrived today, and the quality is awesome! Even the pre-cut option I went with, and previous have been sceptical to, was excellent.

Thanks to all that helped out, and a big thanks to Jeremy - I will for sure use www.screenprintdigital.com for all my decals/sticker work!

• Like 2

I want to give a big shout out to fellow TC members who pointed me in the direction of Jeremy / www.screenprintdigital.com.

The custom decals I designed arrived today, and the quality is awesome! Even the pre-cut option I went with, and previous have been sceptical to, was excellent.

Thanks to all that helped out, and a big thanks to Jeremy - I will for sure use www.screenprintdigital.com for all my decals/sticker work!

Nice one, Jeremy strikes again!

He does do some tasty work :D

shii_221.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds great - although he ignored my e-mail, so I probably was not specific enough...

I thought Jeremy wasn't doing bespoke decals anymore.. ?????????????????????????????

I thought Jeremy wasn't doing bespoke decals anymore.. ?????????????????????????????

Do you mean just printing or design and print as both simensays and Wood5tock designed the graphics themselves, Jeremy just printed them?

Do you mean just printing or design and print as both simensays and Wood5tock designed the graphics themselves, Jeremy just printed them?

Yes we do our own artwork and in the formats Jeremy needs, so making it nice and easy for him to approve and print. He gave me the specs, bleed etc. With my stuff I made it all easy for him so he had all the separate plates for the printing or he could produce a print ready pdf if need be. :D I also made a cutter guide as a another separate plate so no need for a scalpel

Another thing (and there are many) I like about Jeremy's decals is the quality of the vinyl it's so silky and supple to use and stick ;)

has anyone reached Jeremy recently? I've sent requests to ScreenPrintDigital's email listed on their site with no response. Ideas anyone?

He's been having issues I think - I phoned him and he turned my custom stickers around in 24 hours, top bloke.

I've never asked for white on clear though.

Yes, if you are fortunate enough to be able to design and do all the work yourself, printing them isn't a big deal for him. I have enquired on a couple of occasions about decals, I am not a GD and never heard anything back.

Interesting, I made it clear in my second email that I have the graphics done for sure. I'm definitely a graphic designer, been doing it for almost 10 years!

Has anyone been able to get in touch with these guys? I sent an e-mail at the beginning of the week and have heard back from everyone but Screenprintdigital (usually saying they can't print white)

Have you phoned him like suggested above?

I imagine he gets lots of emails and many of those could get classified as junk mail.

Either that or contact via the eBay store he has, if you don't have a phone handy!

Wasn't keen on the long distance cellphone call. Found someone local today anyway though courtesy of the vintage discussion forum