Boothy

So which Tamiya kits do you not like?

Well another vote for the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover.

The vintage ones are too fragile and toy looking to my eyes, the re-res don;t sit well on the DT-02 chassis and whilst many members have tinkered with track width and other items to me they still don;t look right.

I also have no love for the TB-01 chassis - the one i bought used just got sold on eventually, it was robust but just seemed a bit clunky and heavy to me. Perhaps with a fast motor it would have come into its own over the other cheaper touring chassis like TT-01/TL-01

I'm quite nostalgic and entered into Tamiya ownership during the height of the plastic fantastics. So most of the off road buggies from Hotshot to Top Force are high scorers in my book. A lot of the modern buggies do not appeal to me. I find them bland or too basic. And, although I own a couple of onroaders (TA03F and FF02), the lack of anywhere really suitable to drive them, and their lower speeds, compared to buggies, has stopped me buying any more of them. I've ruined my AR 156 Selenia body after only a few runs on your average British tarmac. I'll be Uncle Bucked if I'm going to pay £50.00 on a new body set just to have it ruined again.

• Like 1

I dont like the ORV chassis, it just does nothing for me and as said earlier ended up having all sorts of unsuitable bodies fitted onto it. I'm not that keen in the WR02 either and only own one myself when I bought the WW2, the original was top of my childhood wish list. I guess I mostly prefer scale(ish) looks and ability over top speed performance and bling upgrades.

I do not like the Hornet, Grasshopper, Fox or any Tamiya which looks like no effort went into the design.

I love the Avante, Egress, Vanquish, Dyna Storm and Top Force Evo.

The newer TRF cars are just AWESOME.

Also, Tamiya Nitro's are very underrated... Nitrage is a Formula One Tank. :)post-39833-0-59904800-1394121479_thumb.j

I do not like the Hornet, Grasshopper, Fox or any Tamiya which looks like no effort went into the design.

I love the Avante, Egress, Vanquish, Dyna Storm and Top Force Evo.

The newer TRF cars are just AWESOME.

Also, Tamiya Nitro's are very underrated... Nitrage is a Formula One Tank. :)attachicon.gifgetuserimage.jpg

Ehhhh, the Hornet and 'Hopper are two of the buggies that spawned a generation to pick up an Acoms, two very, very classy designs IMO, love the lines of the Hornet when looking down the back arch.

lee

• Like 1

Sorry Ralphee, You are right but I just don't like them.

Yet I have a soft spot for the Midnight Pumpkin as it way my first Tamiya. ( totally irrational )

Pet haaates...

Big Wig

Clodbuster

Bullhead

Sonic Fighter

Striker

TL-01

TT-01

Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover (both old and new)

I haaaaate the Holiday Buggy 2010 with the holes in the body nose. Such lazy design.

TB-01 wasn't great, but replacing the step screws with proper ball connectors and using the dust cover it made a decent rally car/basher. It shared a lot of parts with the TG10 Mk1.

- J

How can you not like the bull head... Mine looks awesome in yellow..

I dont like the farm king... Not sure on the Bull Tractor either...

Apart from that I love em all

• Like 1

Well here goes, Buggies like the Striker, Sonic Fighter, plain silly and lazy coin dredging from Tamiya. Pretty much all Monster trucks/Crawlers, I've got a lovely Beetle, but only as i got her for a song way back. Any of the Super Sabre, Thundershot/Dragon buggies, again, lazy and ugly all day.

lee

How can you not like the bull head... Mine looks awesome in yellow..

I dont like the farm king... Not sure on the Bull Tractor either...

Apart from that I love em all

I think we need proof a bull head can look nice ;) pics please

I have been having a look myself and seen a couple I do like, the interesting thing is that loosing the bull head logo from the doors and just having the flames seems to improve it no end and any colour other than box art blue seems to look good... Maybe for one of the first times Mr T got the box art wrong :o

The one I just couldn't like was the Super Champ always felt that body didn't fit quite,right a bit too high.

That said always loved the rest of the SRB's.

I think we need proof a bull head can look nice ;) pics please

I have been having a look myself and seen a couple I do like, the interesting thing is that loosing the bull head logo from the doors and just having the flames seems to improve it no end and any colour other than box art blue seems to look good... Maybe for one of the first times Mr T got the box art wrong :o

It takes this level of modification to make a Bullhead look good (IMO):

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/multi-axle-rigs/470661-military-6x6.html

The problem I have with the Clodbuster/Bullhead isn't just the looks - it's the chassis design, especially the axles, with the motors and drivetrain all as unsprung mass... And the ugly plastic suspension linkages.

- J

You lot are all wrong...even pink Bullheads can be utterly cool. Check out this video (not mine!) I found of one fine example scaring animals at a park. 30 years ago you'd be able to do a similar experiment in a primary school playground too. These days you'd just be arrested and put on the sex offenders register

You wouldn't get the same effect with one of your posh carbon buggies, especially not if you painted it pink.

Yes, that beach video is exactly my point....that little girl is still on that piece of playground equipment and she's nearly 12 now.

How can you hate a vehicle that constantly looks like it's on the brink of toppling forward.

You lot are all wrong...even pink Bullheads can be utterly cool. Check out this video (not mine!) I found of one fine example scaring animals at a park. 30 years ago you'd be able to do a similar experiment in a primary school playground too. These days you'd just be arrested and put on the sex offenders register

You wouldn't get the same effect with one of your posh carbon buggies, especially not if you painted it pink.

... Interestingly enough, I seem to do just that with my Avante. I am sure you would call that "one of your posh carbon buggies."

But from my experience, kids are only scared of RC cars if you hit them - thus far, I have not, so every time I go out to a school yard and there are kids there, they always seem to run towards it. The Bullhead would be no exception - the bigger the better, it appears.

No hate on the Bullhead from me, though; I for one find the concept intriguing. Should we implement a "Bullhead Appreciation Thread," or resurrect one? There seem to be enough fans.

I sold my Bullhead but still occasionally regret that.

Many years ago, when the original Clod and Bullhead were current, I worked in a model shop. The Clod outsold the Bullhead 3 or 4 to one - until I persuaded the boss to let me build and paint one to display in the front window. Then we struggled to get enough kits to meet demand!

• Like 1

[...] Should we implement a "Bullhead Appreciation Thread"?

You be sure to sign me in, Grastens! ;):)