JWeston

IconicRC & A1 Racing: Revival Meeting 2014

if u need a good quadcopter if its allowed at track sure Mate Terry would be well happy to to some vids for you anything rc he loves it has fpv now and full on motorized under copter mount .. he was talking about fixing the camera mount to his hopped up pumpkin as well for a mobile track camera

• Like 1

I've got a good chance of making this. Only a couple of hours away and I also have family nearby in Mansfield that I can stay with. :)

• Like 2

Ok. I said above 'no Monster Trucks'.

Well....

Due to popular demand, Vintage Electric Monster Trucks are now in the mix. Anything up to 1994. This means Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, Clodbuster and the Kyosho Car Crusher series etc.

:D

Website is almost ready.

In the meantime here are the classes:

Pro - 1979-1988 - 2wd
Am - 1979-1988 - 2wd
Pro - 1979-1988 - 4wd
Am - 1979-1988 - 4wd
Pro - 1989-1993 - 2wd
Am - 1989-1993 - 2wd
Pro - 1989-1993 - 4wd
Am - 1989-1993 - 4wd
Pro - 1994-1998 - 2wd
Am - 1994-1998 - 2wd
Pro - 1994-1998 - 4wd
Am - 1994-1998 - 4wd
One-off Wheelie
One-off Monster
  • Like 2

Pro and Am definitions:
Pro: A driver who races or has raced radio controlled cars in the past at club or national level. A pro driver may not enter amateur classes.
Am: A driver who has little or no experience of racing radio controlled cars at club level.

We're encouraging first timers to give it a go and they will be well looked after.

• Like 1

Just a Wiggy for me. Too much running about and filming etc to have time for anything else.

Website is almost ready. In the meantime, a couple more points.

This event is a vintage Revival. A 'festival' a 'showcase'. Racing will be formal but it really is all about the show and having fun.

Entrants will be asked to rate their racing experience from 1 to 10 (10 = Superstar). Once entry is closed, entrants will be split into Pro an Am.

Complete novices to racing will be very well looked after. I'll personally make certain of that.

Not sure if I've said but the Concourse will be for Shelf Queens so if there's a vehicle that you wouldn't dare race but would like to show off, then the concourse is for you. Concourse is for shelf queens that fit into the racing categories: Buggies, Wheelies, Monsters.

• Like 1

well hopefully in the next few days island boys will be round my mancave and will pick buggies to run .

I know 1 i will run my kyosho eleck peanuts but after that its a quest to find the other 1 or 2 i will run

• Like 1

It will be my Boomerang and my Yokomo YZ10 for me B) and of course I will bounce my Lunchbox around as they are always great fun

Bit stuck for a 2wd at the moment :o but hopefully will get that sorted. (after a traxxas TRX 3)

Really looking forward to this event, top bloke that John you know. Puts his heart and soul in to these events he organizes :D

I hope people appreciate his efforts ..............

• Like 4

We are so very close to finally releasing the website with all the details, rules and online entry (via paypal).

In the meantime...

We are holding a raffle and other fundraisers at the event. All proceeds to Breast Cancer Care. If anyone would like to donate a prize(s), please get in touch with me.

We are particularly looking to UK Retailers who, in return, will receive sponsorship on our Main Event Page. Proceeds from the whole event go to Breast Cancer Care. If you peeps have any good contacts, please have a word for me. Emphasis on this being for Charity. Thanks in anticipation.

I'd like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Fusion Hobbies who've donated a Tamiya DT03 Neo Fighter. :D

We are also delighted to have Racer Magazine fully onboard. :D

• Like 3

Entry Fees:

Buggy entry is £5 for the first class and £3 for additional classes.

A total of 6 Buggy Classes can be entered.

Entry is online via Paypal and open in the next few days. (Website to be revealed)

Monster and Wheelie Races are one off mass races and are £2 each to enter and must be entered online.

So to enter every single class (if you're mad enough) is a bargain £24!

Concourse is £2 cash per entry on the day.

All the money, once track is paid for, goes to the charity. This basically means just about everything you pay for entry goes to our chosen charity; Breast Cancer Care. How cool is that???

This is awesome! I can't wait to see pics and/or video. Anyone with deep pockets want to fly me out? :P

• Like 1

3 More Event Sponsors. Sponsors are donating RC goodies which will be raffled off with all proceeds to charity. Breast Cancer Care.

Gainsy Graphics. Gainsy is donating an airbrushed Parma Lunchbox shell. His skills are amazing. Gainsy has been with Iconic right from the start and some of you may recognise the name from Oople. https://www.facebook.com/GainsyGraphics?fref=ts

Tiewrapracing. Tiewrapracing are donating a a Vintage Yokomo Body, new in the pack, and a factory finished Maverick Touring Car Shell and Wheels/Tyres. Tiewrapracing is run by TC's very own Dazza1. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tiewrapracing/

Brisas RC Car Creations with DLMDR Tuning. Brisas & DLMDR are donating a Special Edition Engine and a Fiberglass painted Beetle Shell. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426062607638208/?fref=ts

If you'd like to sponsor this charity event, please get in touch with me. Thanks. J

Here is the Revival Website: http://revival.a1racingclub.com/

Please have a good read and then you can enter online if you fancy it. When you enter, if any of the totals look 'wrong' they sort themselves out when you click 'next' to go into paypal.

If you're not sure which model you'll be entering, you can still enter and modify the model you enter up to a few weeks before the big day. I would get entered soon, to avoid disappointment.

Prices:

£5 for the first buggy class entered and then £3 for additional classes entered. Entry and Payment must be online.

Wheelie and Monster races are £2 each to enter online.

Concourse is £2 cash per vehicle on the day.

A MASSIVE reminder that race novices will be very well looked after. Now is your chance to have a go at racing in a very relaxed environment.

John,

If I was thinking of coming, do they do transponder hire?

John,

If I was thinking of coming, do they do transponder hire?

James, It would be great if you can make it. I appreciate it's a trek for you and I'll soon publish a list of local hotels.

Very good point re transponders.

There will be handout transponders available to all those that don't have a personal transponder.
(Transponders record lap times and positions etc.)
The handout transponders are given back after each stint on the track so these need a temporary fix to the car. They cannot be stuck down.
An extra bodymount sized hole needs to be made on the body and they are held on with a bodyclip. I hope that makes sense? Another option is to cable tie.

I just want to point out again that the emphasis is on the 'show' rather than all out racing. We do need the track time to be formal and disciplined for all the obvious reasons though.

BRCA isn't needed.

The RC Auto Jumble should hopefully be pretty amazing too. A great place to bring and sell/trade your RC stuff. A massive RC carboot sale. This is completely separate from the charity side and is for entrants to make their own money.

No professional traders though unless they want to, first, contribute towards the charity. Contact me first about this. This is a charity event and not a profit making event.

IMPORTANT:

You will only get the discount for additional buggy classes if you enter them all in one go.

Tick each class and fill in the table in one go.

If you enter one buggy class at a time you will be charged £5 each time. Not really a big problem if you come back to enter more classes. It's only £2 and to charity as well.

all booked in running my eleck peanuts just for the fun a giggles then mardave meteor and dandy dash plus my lunchbox :) and will have a few more buggies with us as spare runners or lent out if needed by people

• Like 1

The last couple of minutes of this video showcase the A1 Racing track and the Terra Scorcher loved it. Perfect venue for vintage buggies. :)

• Like 1

Cool vid john,

Was thinking about the AM/PRO thing and which number I would be between 1 and 10. So after seeing you run the terra around the track, where do you rank yourself?? :-/