JWeston

IconicRC & A1 Racing: Revival Meeting 2014

James, I am hopeless. That was me filming from the rostrum and definitely not driving, otherwise it would have been on its roof. :)

If you've club raced then Pro. If not then Am. Am is really for beginners to racing so A1 can take good care of them and help them understand the basics etc.

Here are some photos taken today at taken today at the ME-OR 2WD Buggy Regional at the Revival venue. A1 Racing.

I hope they help to overview what to expect at this terrific RC Club.

img30876_27042014191118_1.jpg

img30876_27042014191118_3.jpg

img30876_27042014191118_2.jpg
  • Like 1

For people considering a long drive to get to the Revival, the Grantham Travelodge is currently £28 per room for the Saturday night (26th July). Bargain!

The Travelodge is a 1 minute drive from the track!

A group of us will be going into Grantham for a beer on the Saturday evening. Everyone welcome to join us.

Great news :)

Rere Holiday Buggies and Sand Rovers are on the list. They will score very low on the Nostalgia Points system (because the chassis isn't vintage) but it's not about the winning.

Could you please confirm the above? I have just had a look at the webpage, and there it states that the DT02-based reres aren't allowed. Thanks!

Could you please confirm the above? I have just had a look at the webpage, and there it states that the DT02-based reres aren't allowed. Thanks!

Definitely no DT-02 chassis eligible for the Revival. It's just too modern and doesn't fit. We made that decision after my post on here so I'll edit the post and explain.

So to be clear: DT-02 Holiday Buggy and DT-02 Sand Rover are not eligible for the revival.

Just read through this thread only to realise I'm gonna be on holiday in greece on that weekend.

Have a good one all those who take part.

• Like 1

What time are things due to get underway?

I think it will be an 08:00 start but will confirm nearer the time.

• Like 1

This is what we've gathered thus far for Revival Attendees.

Raffle, Tombola and anything else we can think of. Still some major prizes to arrive, including a New In Box DT-03 Neo Fighter from Fusion Hobbies.

This is just the start of it. Hoping to gather much more as we approach the big day.

These are fundraising prizes for our chosen charity: Breast Cancer Care. Race winners get trophies.

img30876_11052014192650_1.jpg
  • Like 3

2 more event Sponsors that I need to give a worthy mention.

Custom Blitz. Stunning Custom Painted Bodies and very well known to RC racers/enthusiasts. I've seen a group of 4 of his Buggy Champ shells. WOW. They are donating a Box Art RC10 Body to the cause. http://www.customblitz.co.uk/

stanton-co13. Well established ebay shop who've handed over a big box full of goodies!

A reminder that all Sponsors are donating items that will be used at the event to fund raise for our chosen charity: Breast Cancer Care.

nice lot of prizes just building up a boomiewig to run or loan out :)

Nice one :)

Another Event Sponsor. :)

igified: This is TC member igbandy who is the go to man for brushed motors. igbandy has donated some Brushed Motor Rebuild Vouchers. If you need any brushed work, contact igbandy through TC.

img30876_13052014081214_1.jpg

This sounds like it is going to be a fantastic event :). I am hoping to attend, won't be running anything just taking lots of photo's :D.

Martin

• Like 1

This sounds like it is going to be a fantastic event :). I am hoping to attend, won't be running anything just taking lots of photo's :D.

Martin

Nice one Martin.

For those not running, there's the opportunity to buy/sell at the RC Autojumble.

Also the opportunity to enter the Concourse for Shelf Queens, plus the raffle/tombola etc.

Wheelie and Monster races are one-off races so they're an option if you did fancy a quick run but need to be entered online.

J

Well that's me all booked in, cannot wait for this one.

'cat killer' eh Craig. I will be running one of those :lol::D

mine's a Yokomo YZ10 94 spec with a few bits from the 'Pavis edition' B)

plus I will be running my Boomerang and Lunchbox. Still no 2wd to speak of yet :unsure:

• Like 1

I will hold back on showing it yet (plus I dont know what state its in, and its several hundred miles away) but after the success of my Boomerang against the PB mustangs and cats, I managed to get a rather tasty and unique Tamiya after doing quite well at a regional. The truth is I dont know if its in any decent state as we moved indoors for winter and ran TA01's indoors (previously ran Mini Stox) and onroad took most of my attention.

• Like 1

Mr Weston, are there any restrictions on motors or batteries in any class?

Mr Weston, are there any restrictions on motors or batteries in any class?

No restrictions.

A note regarding Transponders; after an enquiry.

For those without transponders, handout ones will be provided. They need to be handed back after each stint so they need to be fixed firmly into the buggy but also need to be removed again swiftly. The best method to hold them in is through the body because they have a body mount on top.

I'm getting the dimensions from A1 and will post them up.

Reason for this post is someone wanting to enter a Super Shot. No room inside the chassis for quick removal after each stint. The only place we could think to mount the transponder is under the wing.

We'll mailshot all entrants to remind them of this.

Personal transponders are expensive (approx £50) so we're expecting quite a few entrants to require the handouts.

Dimensions soon. J

Thanks for looking into the issue regarding securing the transponder.

I have a couple of ideas for securing them to a hotshot / Supershot, and will post them up on here once I know the dimensions.

This promises to be a quality day out!

Really looking forward to it.

I am guessing I am not the only one with a strong desire not to drill holes in vintage shells to mount transponders. I am looking forward to seeing your ideas.

One that strikes me as a possibility is to clamp a piece of scrap lexan between wing and wing mount, and put a hole in this that the transponder can be clipped to. The exact dimensions would vary from buggy to buggy, but I believe the concept would be more or less universally applicable.