Sign in to follow this  
Sayroll

Is someone moderating?

Hello,

Here is a screen capture of a little something I posted on TC homepage an hour ago:

Capturedrsquoe3010cran2014-03-13a3000123

Well, to answer my question, apparently someone is moderating; my entry was deleted within 30 minutes.

And following that, the other entries I was reffering to on the homepage were deleted too.

It "only" took them 3 days.

Curious to know what moderators have to say about it, since I never received a proper answer, other than the automatically generated robot-type email.

I have also made screen captures of the entries I was referring to, just in case someone questions my sayings.

First off, don't take to the showrooms to complain about things being posted in the showrooms that shouldn't be there, especially when you do seem to have easy access to the forums.

Hello, This might be my last post on TC. Wanted to open a thread in the forum, but everytime I try to log in, the former password doesnt work.
Tired of having the system sending me a new password everytime I want to log in.
A year ago, I mentionned at the end of one of my showroom entry that I considered selling the car.
My entry was deleted. Not removed from the homepage, purely deleted.
I fully understood the reason behind this.

So I reposted the entry without any mention about the sale but writing that this showroom entry had been deleted for breaking a certain rule.
This time it wasn't deleted, just removed from the homepage.
Again I think I understand the reason: I should have ticked the 'is this item for sale/trade' and then my entry wouldn't show on the homepage.
But then, maybe it was the implied sarcasm that's wasn't appreciated But still, that was lightning fast moderation or whatever you want to call it.

Now, here is my problem: I keep seeing the type of entry that ends like this: 'I don't know if I'm going to keep this one/I might consider selling this one', and in the hour, said item is the trade area while the showroom entry remains on the homepage.
Now specifically, (unless this entry shakes things a little bit, which means this one will surely be deleted too), there is on the homepage at the moment, and for almost 3 days now, entries from a member who shamelessly shows you his custom parts for sale with a price and all, boasting in a (now deleted) comment that he already sold half his stock.

I commented on that to the seller; he didn't publish it of course and didn't answer me.
I emailed TC through the contact us tab; no answer.
Don't tell me no one from the moderation team has seen it.

I have been a suscribed member for 7 years now, I pay for this service and my entries generate lots of traffic for the website but I'm really tired of this partial moderation, or laziness, or whatever it is.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and you can even tell me to go to badword if you think that's where I should be, everything will be published in the comments, though if someone starts doing his job, this should be deleted fast.

BTW this Avante Black Special is for sale!

If you see something for sale in the showrooms then use the [report] link present on every showroom entry

This sends an email to all mods with access to showroom admin who can deal with it.

It 'only' took three days because you didn't report it - as soon as your entry was reported I looked into your comments, found the entries in question and deleted them

For your info, apart from working during the days, on the 10th and 11th I was building a kit in the garage and last night I was at a concert (heavy metal tribute to the Bee Gees in Rushden if it helps any)

Had you reported the trade ads at any time, I would've received an email and dealt with it - it worked fine this morning when other members reported your entry.

I don't know if any other members of the moderation team hadn't seen the entries, but I hadn't.

See location of report link below;

sayrollreport.jpg

As for

Curious to know what moderators have to say about it, since I never received a proper answer, other than the automatically generated robot-type email.

try reading it again, near the top, where it says;

If you see items which you don't think should be on the site, use the 'report' button - that's what three subscribers did with your entry;

Moderators are always going to miss stuff, to an extent we rely on others to report content (hence the [report] button) but posting in the showrooms complaining about things that shouldn't be in the showrooms isn't the way to get it resolved

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

Well, to be honest, this report button was under my eyes the whole time, but I never saw it until you pointed it to me. Thanks for that.

The reason I first posted in the showrooms is because I didn't receive any answer to the email I sent to info@tamiyaclub.com.

Accessing the forums is not easy. I read another thread where someone has the same problem as I have with logging in, and read your answer regarding the "edit your details" function. Didn't work for me, it simply logged me out from the my showroom. I will look further into it.

Now I'll make good use of that report button.

• Like 1

I have to say I see both sides of this story, but if the site is a casual one that can only justify out of hours moderation, relying on very observant members.

(I've never ever noticed the report button before this thread, plus would not use it if I thought the person may know if reported it. Who knows if I'll ever want to deal that member).

Its obvoius this site isn't managed as a full time business and I'm sure lots of work is done for free by moderators which we all appreciate, without you the site probably wouldn't be here.

But being a direct human approach to the removal of entries, rather than an automated one picking out certain words it doesnt l;ike and automatcially detailing the post. It maybe worth an explaination to why things have been done (I'm sure I got an explanation once).

Hopefully this will all resolve itself, if long term members are leaving and the newbies only staying a months (it seems). We might loose the site.

The info@ email gets a lot of traffic, which is why reports go to a separate email address (saves wading through a lot of spam)

Accessing the forums seems ok for most people, the login process is different though - for the forums it's username and password, whereas for the mainsite it's your email address and password.

Just remember any password changes to one side (forums or mainsite) don't change the other side - if you change your password you need to do it on the forum and the mainsite manually.

I've never ever noticed the report button before this thread, plus would not use it if I thought the person may know if reported it. Who knows if I'll ever want to deal that member

No report sources are ever disclosed to the member whose entry is deleted.

Deletion is a manual process so unless a mod goes out of their way to disclose a source then there's no way that info can get passed on.

Unfortunately, you do need to be logged in to report an item, but that's only to stop bots etc. from activating the links (like they used to on showroom comments etc.)

Hopefully Sayroll and I have resolved this, I can see it's frustrating seeing content on the site worse than that which he's had removed in the past but it's just a bad set (perfect storm?) of circumstances which let it go unchecked for three days.

God all mighty some people throw their toys out of the pram over the slightest things .

• Like 3

as we are on the subject twinset , i cant log in on my iphone , i enter my usual password and username , but the site wont accept it ? just keeps saying incorrect ? please can we sort this somehow as i used to use the site a lot but cant now as i cant log in from my phone only a home pc ? thanks greatly shaun

i enter my usual password and username , but the site wont accept it ? just keeps saying incorrect ?

Main site login is email address and password

If that doesn't work, try resetting the password as the site works ok on my iPhone

• Like 1

Main site login is email address and passwordIf that doesn't work, try resetting the password as the site works ok on my iPhone

im on my iphone now twin , i had to request new passwords for both the main site and the forums in order to be able to log in ??? im never ever ever going to remember them tho so this will probably be my last post EVER !! and the iphone is for sale too !!!! lmao

Just copy and paste the passwords to a document mate - that's how I remember mine .

• Like 1

brom , i cant spell traktor but i can lift one !! tech is beyond me mate , i will just make this my last EVER post and sell my fone mate !! iphone for sale ! lmao

Just change the passwords (via your PC) to something you can remember and you're sorted

The forum and mainsite passwords are totally un-related, if you change one it doesn't affect the other, but if you want them both the same you have to change them in both areas.

• Like 1

sings...............why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends..............

Because we are not here to make friends...I am here for the win...ooh, i forgot this is TC not Survivour or some reality TV series..:-D:-D:-D

Because we are not here to make friends...I am here for the win...ooh, i forgot this is TC not Survivour or some reality TV series..:-D:-D:-D

GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!