wood5tock

Wood5tock's Frog build

For me as a inexperienced Tamiyaholic this is a great build thread.

Really nicely detailed and good quality photos as well.

I appreciate all the build threads and I have no doubt they all add to the time it takes to complete any project.

Anyway keep up the good work wood5tock it's greatly appreciated buddy.

• Like 2

step_16.jpg

Attaching the rear dampers

frog_rere_103.jpg

frog_rere_104.jpg

step_17.jpg

Attaching pinion gears

As usual using a nice new Sport Tuned motor

frog_rere_107.jpg

frog_rere_108.jpg

frog_rere_109.jpg

The Frog isn't one of my favourites but I'll be following this anyway because I always enjoy your builds.

It's a funny looking thing the Frog definitely not my thing, but I really like the box lid picture.

It's quite possibly one of my favourites......go figure!

Lovely build thread mate, with out a doubt my favorite tamiya of all time due to the fact it was my first of only two owned. You going box art with the body?

Chris

• Like 1

For me as a inexperienced Tamiyaholic this is a great build thread.

Really nicely detailed and good quality photos as well.

I appreciate all the build threads and I have no doubt they all add to the time it takes to complete any project.

Anyway keep up the good work wood5tock it's greatly appreciated buddy.

Thanks for that much appreciated, yeah it does spin a build out taking the photos and organising things but I honestly can't object to extending the time it takes to build a new one as I like to saviour the goodness.

It's part of my Tantric Tamiyaness... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

• Like 1

It's a funny looking thing the Frog definitely not my thing, but I really like the box lid picture.

It's quite possibly one of my favourites......go figure!

I know what you both mean I used to be fairly neutral to the Frog and other models for that matter even maybe a dislike. It's weird how one day you start looking at these models in a different light with no reason what so ever other than the fact they suddenly click. I like it when this happens but my wallet doesn't :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

Lovely build thread mate, with out a doubt my favorite tamiya of all time due to the fact it was my first of only two owned. You going box art with the body?

Chris

As with the Novafox and indeed all my runners they will be box art with a twist, which I have decided means a metallic/peal version of the box art :D

It's not very obvious but in the picture below the can on the far right is PS-57 Pearl White :)

frog_rere_06.jpg

• Like 3

Man; I remember when my O.R.V. was that clean...

Looking forward to seeing the finished bodywork!

• Like 1

Very awesome! I'm getting ready to start one myself. It wasn't my first choice but my local hobby shop had one on the shelf for a while and I thought I could get a good deal on it. They sold it to me for $85!!! Couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!

• Like 2

Very awesome! I'm getting ready to start one myself. It wasn't my first choice but my local hobby shop had one on the shelf for a while and I thought I could get a good deal on it. They sold it to me for $85!!! Couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!

Sweet deal, good man ;)

Great build thread! One of the best I have ever seen here on the site!

OSR

Wow thanks for that, much appreciated :D

step_23.jpg

Rear wheel assembly

frog_rere_135.jpg

Getting the rear wheel centres into the rear tyres was a bit of a job but I found that rolling the centre in perpendicular to the tyre was the best way.

frog_rere_136.jpg

frog_rere_137.jpg

At last, my fingers ached quite a bit after these two puppies, and I don't mind admitting to it

frog_rere_138.jpg

frog_rere_139.jpg

frog_rere_140.jpg

frog_rere_141.jpg

I am liking this thread very much, although I've only just noticed that you're not the one holding the camera. Or are you?

• Like 1

step_24.jpg

Attaching front wheels, using proper bearing kit... Naturally ;)

frog_rere_143.jpg

frog_rere_144.jpg

frog_rere_145.jpg

step_25.jpg

Attaching rear wheels and antenna rods

frog_rere_147.jpg

frog_rere_148.jpg

frog_rere_149.jpg

frog_rere_150.jpg

step_26.jpg

Installing battery

frog_rere_151.jpg

frog_rere_153.jpg

frog_rere_154.jpg

frog_rere_155.jpg

And there we have one rolling chassis, still yet to fit a receiver as I am probably making the move to 2.4 GHz for my runners. I also need to cable ties the drive boots ;)

frog_rere_156.jpg

Next steps will driver and paint work :D

I am liking this thread very much, although I've only just noticed that you're not the one holding the camera. Or are you?

Ha ha, yes others have wondered about this in other build threads. This may kill the magic, but it's not a strange third hand I have grown or a pet camera monkey that lives in my tool box.

It's just a baby tripod and a timed exposure.

misc_18.jpg

Sorry for the disappointment :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

No disappointment here, mate. The photos are excellent and really enhance these build threads.

• Like 2

No disappointment here, mate. The photo's are excellent and really enhance these build threads.

Cheers fella ;)

Great build but just the heads up as you've built one of your front wheels the wrong way round. Easy to do but the deep recess needs to be on the inside.

• Like 1